Acer Liquid Extended/Replacement Batteries

Guest chingy1788

So how the 2000 mAh battery fits?

Are the dimensions the same of the standard battery?

10x in advance,

syncro.

I got it today , same dimensions, I will test it, It performed a fast charging :), nice

Guest oilfriedghost
I got it today , same dimensions, I will test it, It performed a fast charging :) , nice

Anyone experience their liquid freezing on them when it runs low on charge and you have an active phone call? Usually when the battery indicator has a question mark on it, then a popup telling you to charge it, and after that the unit no longer responds until you pop the battery out? The funny thing is after I pop the battery back in, it will continue to run just fine on the existing charge (that is until the next active phone call).

Guest eppyramot
Hmmm... so.. The mAh cannot be checked with a voltmeter. (Volt meter is used to check the Voltage, Current...)

Therefore, mAh means, that if the battery rating is 1350mAh (1.350Ah).

So it is capable to supply 1.350A for 1hr.

And the 2000mAh is capable to supply 2A for 1hr.

So lets say the device drain 100mA/hr***

The 1350mAh will have enough power to supply the device for 13.5hrs and

The 2000mAh will heve enough power to supply the device for 20hrs.

This would be nice if the 2000mAh the seller stated would be real!

*** I took the 100mA/hr as a sample power usage.

Looks like your estimate is 100% accurate. After two charge cycles the new battery (20000mAh I got it on Monday) has gone down 45% in 9 hours so 5% an hour or 20 hours supply. The original one went down 9% an hour for me so about 11 hours supply.

Both are sad, as i have also have t-mobile pulse which over the same 9 hours (updating email, using wifi continuously etc) was down 20% with the stock battery.

Looks like your estimate is 100% accurate. After two charge cycles the new battery (20000mAh I got it on Monday) has gone down 45% in 9 hours so 5% an hour or 20 hours supply. The original one went down 9% an hour for me so about 11 hours supply.

Both are sad, as i have also have t-mobile pulse which over the same 9 hours (updating email, using wifi continuously etc) was down 20% with the stock battery.

And the dimensions of new battery and the original one is exactly the same? Seems to good to be true :) To bad about the overall battery life tough, but if you could increase batterylife this cheap, I think I'll buy one or two of these :)

Guest eppyramot
And the dimensions of new battery and the original one is exactly the same? Seems to good to be true :) To bad about the overall battery life tough, but if you could increase batterylife this cheap, I think I'll buy one or two of these :)

Dimension are exactly the same. It was definitely worth it. And it might me be my imagination but it seemed with the original one the phone felt warmer after browsing etc for a while than it does now.

Guest scrap2434

I thought with Lithium-Ion batteries that it was actually bad to discharge them and they performed better when being constantly charged all the time?

So doing partial discharges.... like taking it down to 45% and then fully charging.

So wouldn't you just do a full discharge once so that it can gauge it's digital capacity?

or am I totally wrong about this?

Guest scrap2434

nm..I answered my own question.... FYI for anyone who is interested:

Simple Guidelines

Avoid frequent full discharges because this puts additional strain on the battery. Several partial discharges with frequent recharges are better for lithium-ion than one deep one. Recharging a partially charged lithium-ion does not cause harm because there is no memory. (In this respect, lithium-ion differs from nickel-based batteries.) Short battery life in a laptop is mainly cause by heat rather than charge / discharge patterns.

Batteries with fuel gauge (laptops) should be calibrated by applying a deliberate full discharge once every 30 charges. Running the pack down in the equipment does this. If ignored, the fuel gauge will become increasingly less accurate and in some cases cut off the device prematurely

Interesting about the heat thing... my Liquid does get damn hot......

Edited by scrap2434

Thanks for your feedback, ordered mine today :)

Guest Lorents

Its probably true that the larger capacity battery gets less heated. At the same amp draw the discharge rate is lower for the battery with larger capacity - so it should generate less heat :)

10x very much!

what firmware version do you have?

syncro.

Guest three_pineapples

It may be bad to frequently fully discharge Lithium-Ion battery's, but you can "repair" a dead battery buy repeatedly discharging and recharging a Li-ion battery. Eg, i did it with a 3rd gen iPod battery that only lasted about 30 mins. After do discharge cycles it lasts for around 6 again!

For this reason, it's good to do it when you get a new battery as you don't know what condition it is in when it arrives :)

Guest D.Rosendahl

The normal battery got a temp sensor in it. (Or is it in the phone near the battery?). How about this extended one? Do you get any temp readings from the battery. My phone has several times overheated when doing cpu intensive tasks while charging. However, it has a built in protection so it stops charging when this happens. So it's important that this new one works with the protection as well.

Guest Lorents

@Chunga: If I have understood this correctly the phone measures how much capacity your battery have after some use and readjust the battery indicator after its measurements. If you switch back and forth between new and old battery these measurements will be wrong and it might show that the larger battery has less capacity and visa versa :)

If you charge your phone up to 100% and let it stay on until it turns itself off the phone should get a complete measurement of the capacity of the battery.

Edited by Lorents

Guest dawabz94
@Chunga: If I have understood this correctly the phone measures how much capacity your battery have after some use and readjust the battery indicator after its measurements. If you switch back and forth between new and old battery these measurements will be wrong and it might show that the larger battery has less capacity and visa versa :)

If you charge your phone up to 100% and let it stay on until it turns itself off the phone should get a complete measurement of the capacity of the battery.

received mine yesterday, thank you for the advice, I charged it the whole night, first day using it; I'll let the phone die before charging it again, following your advice

thank you!

Guest dawabz94

exactelly same size as orig battery,

did 2x full charge/dischagre(until phone dies)

the battery performs well, noticeably better than orig battery

no issue so far, no overheat, good value for money IMHO

Guest D.Rosendahl

Do you get temp readings from the new battery? Lifting the question again. I'm thinking of ordering one but I don't dare until I know that the overheat protection work.

exactelly same size as orig battery,

did 2x full charge/dischagre(until phone dies)

the battery performs well, noticeably better than orig battery

no issue so far, no overheat, good value for money IMHO

2x duration respect the orignal?

time to charge?

Guest dawabz94
2x duration respect the orignal?

time to charge?

hi , not 2x original, would say 1,5x original

on orig battery, could not hold a full day with regular browsing, some video and some mp3

now it can last a full day without holding my usage which is a nice upgrade IMHO

:)