Acer Liquid Extended/Replacement Batteries

Guest chingy1788

Guest Glimbrink
mine 2000mAh "fake" one last ways longer then the original one.

at least after cycling it a couple of times.

usually I get about two days of moderate usage.

just my opinion

well thats strange if its only an 1350 orginal battery...

Isnt there any SURE way to see what the mh is?

Guest Nova2.1

You can always be a sly bastard like me, 2200mAh..

i baught the cheapest acer batteries i could from ebay, and packed new cells into it.. only have to charge every 2 days (when it drops below 30%)

i also did my psp batteries, first attempt failed tho, i buggered the conections on the regulator chip.

oh and 2200aMh kits arent cheap, had to import swiss

Guest chingy1788
You can always be a sly bastard like me, 2200mAh..

i baught the cheapest acer batteries i could from ebay, and packed new cells into it.. only have to charge every 2 days (when it drops below 30%)

i also did my psp batteries, first attempt failed tho, i buggered the conections on the regulator chip.

oh and 2200aMh kits arent cheap, had to import swiss

Link?

I assume you just need some soldering skills... meh

Guest Nova2.1

Well, not really...

the cells have protection built in, and the regulator chip is in the phone and not part of the battery pack

if youve pulled a cell based battery appart before you would see thier rather crude, only the outside looks neat..

its just 12 cells packed in and wired paraell to the external pins..

theres no massive step by step tutorial, just ware acid proof gloves..

(even a few molicules of battey fodder will destroy tissue)

and just dont short circut it, destroys the cells..

Guest rrunner1

You should start a business selling these custom batteries, I think there is a market :-)

Erik

Well, not really...

the cells have protection built in, and the regulator chip is in the phone and not part of the battery pack

if youve pulled a cell based battery appart before you would see thier rather crude, only the outside looks neat..

its just 12 cells packed in and wired paraell to the external pins..

theres no massive step by step tutorial, just ware acid proof gloves..

(even a few molicules of battey fodder will destroy tissue)

and just dont short circut it, destroys the cells..

Guest alfarobl
mine 2000mAh "fake" one last ways longer then the original one.

at least after cycling it a couple of times.

usually I get about two days of moderate usage.

just my opinion

Fake is the name to use... got 2000mAh battery from eBay and first unit didn't work, got replacement and opened broken unit and found that internally it is only 1500mAh (so it is just a little better than original 1350mAh vs 1500mAh). Probably only some minutes extra but not full 2000mAh as advertised. So cannot recommend anyone to get those "fake" batteries.

post-652334-1267710286_thumb.jpg

Guest ddt1234

i think there is no way to buy good replacement battery at cheap price.

1500@2000mah already very good ,at least it is not exploded!~

• 7 months later...
Guest Chewy11

http://www.mugen-power-batteries.com/acer/...iquid-s100.html

anybody have any experience with the 3100mAh...or their 1550mAh

found here: http://www.acerliquid.com/2010/05/13/mugen...or-acer-liquid/

witch linked me to manufacturer

some French forums had info on some 3rd brand of fakes

who has one where is it from and how much did it cost

but most of all is it at least as good as original

winter is coming....cold batteries=short charges...

Guest snootched
Thanks

Cool, as good as stock is a start. In Canada here we have no options to buy oem. so this is what we have to go by.

Mugen is the best I've found so far.. also in Canada here - thinking about biting the bullet on the 3100. Only hold-back is the size of it in the pocket.

I find if I'm in town (with access to a charger) stock battery is ok, as long as I charge it at night. The 3100 would have been absolutely amazing on my trip in the BC mountains last week!

Also - would be nice to have the 3100 when using thirsty features such as the wireless hotspot mode (also - another handy feature in the backcountry where you can still get data services!)

Guest Chewy11
Mugen is the best I've found so far.. also in Canada here - thinking about biting the bullet on the 3100. Only hold-back is the size of it in the pocket.

I find if I'm in town (with access to a charger) stock battery is ok, as long as I charge it at night. The 3100 would have been absolutely amazing on my trip in the BC mountains last week!

Also - would be nice to have the 3100 when using thirsty features such as the wireless hotspot mode (also - another handy feature in the backcountry where you can still get data services!)

in pocket size does not seem that bad to me ...its the loss of my silicon protector...

• 2 months later...
Guest colinjlyon
in pocket size does not seem that bad to me ...its the loss of my silicon protector...

so you have the 3100 then? how do you find the life on the phone? i would expect to only have to charge my phone every two days with this battery. i work somwhere that i am in and out of cell reception but i dont want to put it into airplane mode cause then i wont get my messages come through when i get reception. somtimes with the stock abttery im down to 20% by about 1PM and i unplug in the morning at about 6AM.