Updated! SSBubbleLevel V2.5

Guest Ekezial

Updated SSBubbleLevel to V2.5 for Samsung I8000 WM6.5, should work for other Samsung phones with the same hardware specs as Omnia 2.

post-349352-1266813392_thumb.jpg

[Changes / Fix]

1) Updated Samsung SDK files to V2.2, The program "Should" work with more Samsung WM phones.

2) Skinnable Compass, Levels, Buttons.

3) Buttons are now Images.

[How to Install]

Download it Here , you will also need .Net Compact Framework 3.5, Download Here

You do not need to install Samsung's SDK, it's already included in the main program cab file.

[How to use]

Level -> Just place the Phone on the surface either flat or on it's side to get a reading.

Flash light -> Click the "Flashlight" button or click on "Options" for more flashlight options.

Light Sensor ->Just face the front of the phone at any light source to get the Maximun "Lux" value, Click "RESET MAX" button to reset the Maximum value.

Compass -> H>Heading, A>Accuracy, If the Accuracy is 0 just shake the phone hard and wait a few seconds for the sensor to kick in.the compass "N" points to the north, Simple 3D Compass mode is Avaliable in "Options".

The pause button pauses all reading.

[How to Add your own compass.level,button images]

<Images to change>

compass.png -> Compass image

flashon.png -> Flash On image

flashoff.png -> Flash Off image

horizontaltube.png -> Horizontal Level image

verticaltube.png -> Vertical Level image

pointer.png -> Horizontal Bubble image

veripointer.png -> Vertical bubble image

button.png -> Button Image

<Location and Names>

All Images should be placed in the Resource Folder and using the names of the current images found there.

<Type>

Only PNG images supported.

<Transparency color>

Only Magenta (#FF00FF / R:255 G:0 B:255) is used as transparent color.

<Compass Image>

Total Image size should be 400x400 pix and the compass is 280x280 pix and should be placed in the center of the image.

<Level Images>

Images size should be 480x75 pix and 75x480 pix.

<Bubble Image>

Images size should be 60x75 pix and 75x60 pix.

<Flashlight Button>

Images size should be 130x130 pix.

<Other Buttons>

Images size should be 118x50 pix.

[How to Activate Program from a Hardware Button]

Settings->General Settings->Button->Assign a program->Button2 Hold) just point it to my App and it will work.

Pressing the dial,hangup,sleep buttons will exit the program.

Enjoy!

Shannon

Edited by Ekezial

Guest Ekezial
Thanks for the new release!

Any chance you could add a parameter to make a shortcut to lanch the application with the FlashLight on?

Sure, will prob do it in a few days time.

ST

Guest kissher
Again, great job, much appreciated!!!

I Agree:

add a parameter to make a shortcut to lanch the application with the FlashLight on

SO I can press one key!

Guest nap_rz

as with the other compass app, I suggest anyone to build separate apps for compass and flashlight. Why? because I find it quite odd if I had to open a compass in the middle of night just to get some flashlight from my phone :) B)

Guest Ekezial
Thanks for the new release!

Any chance you could add a parameter to make a shortcut to lanch the application with the FlashLight on?

Request added in V2.3, Updated at 1st post.

ST

Guest Florian Lagg

Hi, first: Thanks for this application - I like it very much and use it every day.

I have two questions:

1. There is a compass on the screen. It always shows N upwards. Should it work on Omnia i900? (I know there is no compass hardware in it, but maybe you do some tricks with GPS & G-Sensor).

2. How accurate is the LUX-Value?

I do not have an Luxmeter so I couldn't check it. As noted above I use an Omnia.

I also have a feature request:

Could you turn the Light off by default on exit - I always forget to do that.

Buttons on-screen instead of using the menu would be nice too.

Thanks,

Florian Lagg

Edited by Florian Lagg

Guest Omega Ra
Hi, first: Thanks for this application - I like it very much and use it every day.

I have two questions:

1. There is a compass on the screen. It always shows N upwards. Should it work on Omnia i900? (I know there is no compass hardware in it, but maybe you do some tricks with GPS & G-Sensor).

I do not have an Luxmeter so I couldn't check it. As noted above I use an Omnia.

Thanks,

Florian Lagg

the compass won't work on the i900. it needs the compass hardware to work.

Guest akirita

hello, as you can make a shortcut directly to the flash? I do not understand what the command "SSBubbleLevel.exe / f", if someone is kind enough to explain how to do that by touching a button turns the flash directly.

thank you very much

Greetings

Guest Ekezial
hello, as you can make a shortcut directly to the flash? I do not understand what the command "SSBubbleLevel.exe / f", if someone is kind enough to explain how to do that by touching a button turns the flash directly.

thank you very much

Greetings

Instead of making a shortcut you can actually just check the option to "Flash on Startup" on the "Flash Options" menu. and the flash will turn on automatically the next time you start the program.

ST

Guest Ekezial

I have two questions:

Thanks,

Florian Lagg

1)Sorry cant help you on the i900 compass issue, it's a hardware thing.

2)I also dont have a Luxmeter so Accuracy is based on the phones Specs by Samsung.

3)I'll add your request on the next version release. -> On the I8000 the Light turn off automatically when the program exits.

4)Well there is a flash ON/Off button on the screen and it's placed there for easy toggling using your right thumb.

ST

Yes, using it. Lovely.

When the phone is lying flat the numbers go from 0 1 to -1, etc. It's not a problem but maybe you can detect this and say 0.

When you put the phone on the side and push it forward / it says -180. Can this be sensored too?

Thx

Guest Ekezial
Yes, using it. Lovely.

When the phone is lying flat the numbers go from 0 1 to -1, etc. It's not a problem but maybe you can detect this and say 0.

When you put the phone on the side and push it forward / it says -180. Can this be sensored too?

Thx

Will be fixing it in V2.4 really soon. I'm also toying around with a 3D compass.

ST

Fantastic piece of work for a great phone.

Any chance you could put in a S.O.S. flash signal as one of the Options?

Also making the "N" button on the compass somwhat more visible would be nice (maybe even a different colour would be enough)?

Again, a wonderful job

• 1 month later...
Guest asus535

Thank you Ekezial

Guys, please share if you have good compass images.

There are good images for htc hd2, iphone, or even i8000 by Rapid81

Ekezial is the programmer, but there must be good artists here.

Edited by asus535