[ROM][32A Magic/Sapphire Only!] CursorSense32A-1.2.6.1 - VERY FAST, STABLE SENSE UI ROM! [01-30-10]

Guest CursorDroid

Guest CursorDroid

CursorSense 32A

This ROM just keeps getting better and better! This has turned out to be a lot of fun!

This is a 1.5 Cupcake Sense UI ROM based on the official 3.05 Rogers HTC RUU for people who need a stable ROM with all the features working.

If you enjoy my work, and appreciate the time spent, please consider a donation!

ENJOY!

Thanks goes to:

- Amon_RA for the Hero recovery

- MoDaCo for finding the 1.76.2007 SPL for Hero that works on Magic too.

- Teknologist for the new kernel that I'm using (DAMN!!! This is fast!)

- MLIGN for the framework-res.apk from MLIGN v3.3 (Nice battery icons!)

- Many more as well, please let me know if I've used part of your work and have not credited you. I'm not here to make enemies.

** YOU MUST HAVE RADIO 6.35.07.29 OR HIGHER AND SPL 1.76.2007 ENG BEFORE FLASHING THIS ROM. THIS ROM CANNOT BE FLASHED ON A DEVICE WITH PERFECTED SPL 1.76.0007!

** MAKE SURE YOU ARE 100% SURE THAT YOU HAVE THE RADIO UPDATED TO 6.35.07.29 OR HIGHER BEFORE APPLYING THE NEW SPL!!!!

** DO NOT APPLY THESE UPDATES TO A 32B MAGIC/SAPPHIRE OR A HTC DREAM/G1. YOU WILL BRICK YOUR DEVICE!!

Because of the size of the /system partition, this ROM will not flash onto any Sapphire 32A with the 1.33.20XX Eng SPL.

You will need to have the 6.35 radio and 1.76.2007 SPL, and the Hero (not Magic/Sapphire) Recovery from Amon_RA to flash this ROM. Follow the directions at http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=605239 to flash the new radio, SPL and recovery.

Once you have the new SPL, Radio and Recovery, then you can apply CursorSense32A like any other ROM update.zip file.

If you don't know what I'm talking about here, please do not attempt to flash this ROM, or change your radio/SPL/recovery. Actually, if you don't already have an Eng SPL 1.33, this ROM is not for you.

Frequently Asked Questions

Read this before posting any questions!!!

CM Updater Information

Version 1.2.4 or higher is now CM Updater friendly! These versions include CM Updater 4.5.2.

Within CM Updater, scan this QR Code, or type in the update address: http://www.theandroidkitchen.com/updates.json

CM Updater can only download updates as of right now, you need to move them to the root of your SD and apply manually.

qrcode.png

Thanks to Cyanogen and garok89 for the CM Updater!

Changelog

Always create a nandroid backup before applying a new update.

Custom Recovery RA-Magic32A-6.35-v1.5.2

Mounts SD card immediately, based on RA-Sapphire-v1.5.2H

Highly recommended!

Flash through FASTBOOT

Code:

fastboot erase recovery

fastboot flash recovery recovery-RA-Magic32A-6.35-v1.5.2.img

fastboot oem powerdown

CursorSense32A-1.2.6.1 Incremental Update

REQUIRES 1.2.4 be installed first.

CursorSense32A-1.2.4

Note: If you don't want CM Updater to ask you to install a Cyanogen ROM, use the instructions above.

Apps Pack

Apply as update to version 1.2.3 or higher, do not wipe before.

Only has to be applied once since version 1.2.5

Standard Default Lockscreen (Any version)

Apply as update to any version, do not wipe before.

Nexus Bootscreen Mod

Apply as update to any version, do not wipe before or after

Will not work on versions older than 1.2.3

CIME Pack is no longer supported.

Other CIME packs for Hero work, so you can try those.

Please feel free to make suggestions or ask any questions you may have.

I'm not a professional Android developer, more of a hobbyist.

If you like my work and appreciate the time I spend to create this ROM, please consider a donation.

Edited by CursorDroid

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Cursor droid:

I just got a brand new HTC magic 32A and i was wondering if you can help me to install your custom rom, i will list the steps from what i understand and see if you can correct it.

1. Install Flash Recovery

2. Amon Recovery for hero

3. Install Engineering spl after rooting the phone as an update file ( can you correct this step specially?)

4. Install the new radio

5. Install the 1.7 SPL

Also i dont get what the custom recovery you posted should be used for???

Am i missing something??? and thanks in advance for your help ^^

Edited by Red-X