[ROM] LightWeighted ROM

Guest ErnstJanF

Guest ErnstJanF

Dear users,

As some of you opened topics about a light ROM, this will be the main topic on it.

PLEASE DO NOT OPEN UP NEW TOPICS ABOUT 'I WANT ROMS'!

I am going to cook a light 6.5 ROM for you all.

Please post your wishes below, so I can add/remove modules from the ROM.

Thanks in advance! :)

-- EDIT --

Don't expect the ROM to be finished within 2 weeks! B)

Edited by ErnstJanF

as long as the keyboard gets more responsive, thats my main source of irritation atm T_T

thnx for doing this btw (Y)

seriously, great job :)

Edited by vjin

Guest ErnstJanF

I think I can't change that. We all have this problem, just wait till Samsung releases a fix for this :)

as long as the keyboard gets more responsive, thats my main source of irritation atm T_T

thnx for doing this btw (Y)

seriously, great job B)

Thank you for the great initiative Ernst.

I wish for a completely desamsungnised phone! It is partially possible, but it entirely depends upon you what you want to keep! One thing is clear, Light ROM=less Samsung stuff.

Can you put in a poll of what features/modules to be removed, this would make sense and less of criticism. I write this because there are few ROM chefs interested in b7610, and if you get disheartened we all are left in a lurch.

All the best for your endeavour.

Yeah, if u can pull it off, would be rly awsome!

Maybe the best thing is completely remove all samsung crap, if users want samsung crap, they can use CAB's.

So then everybody has what he needs!

Guest barki82

My suggestions:

- remove touchWiz

- try to remove every samsung stuff but without harming or disabling basic features, for example: not to remove things that can disable mms or video call

- remove Opera 9.5

- remove Adobe Reader 2.5 (no search function), we can then install version with this feature

- don't add smi_wm_pro_sdk_redist_2_1_0 (me and other users have problem with lock screen after installing it)

- don't add NET Compact Framework 3.5, everyone can decide if he need it, if he use apps requiring it

Guest ErnstJanF
My suggestions:

- remove touchWiz

- try to remove every samsung stuff but without harming or disabling basic features, for example: not to remove things that can disable mms or video call

- remove Opera 9.5

- remove Adobe Reader 2.5 (no search function), we can then install version with this feature

- don't add smi_wm_pro_sdk_redist_2_1_0 (me and other users have problem with lock screen after installing it)

- don't add NET Compact Framework 3.5, everyone can decide if he need it, if he use apps requiring it

I will take a look at those modules and try to delete them :)

Guest jvkuijk

would be great a lightweight rom!

- no samsung software would be nice

- maybe nof ie and opera, so everone can decid which internet program they like most

- no msn programs

- no google maps

thanx

Guest SuperLOL

HI :)

The best LightWeighted ROM would be:

1. Remove all Programs that are not include by default in Windows Mobile 6.1

2. Only Remove Windows Mobile 6.1 Programs that can also be added again.

3. Ony include Samsung Programs that include Hardware options that can't be add with other programs.

With a ROM like this everybody can mod there Windows Mobile 6.1 like they want without problems B)

I hate it if manufacturer spam Smartphone full with useless stuff also if you buy a new PC it's full of useless stuff but in Smartphone it's a lot more annoying because you must use the WiMo version fom the manufacturer and can use a Clean version like on a PC.

Oh and i thank you ;)

Edited by SuperLOL

Guest Ariekanarie
HI :)

The best LightWeighted ROM would be:

1. Remove all Programs that are not include by default in Windows Mobile 6.1

2. Only Remove Windows Mobile 6.1 Programs that can also be added again.

3. Ony include Samsung Programs that include Hardware options that can't be add with other programs.

With a ROM like this everybody can mod there Windows Mobile 6.1 like they want without problems B)

I hate it if manufacturer spam Smartphone full with useless stuff also if you buy a new PC it's full of useless stuff but in Smartphone it's a lot more annoying because you must use the WiMo version fom the manufacturer and can use a Clean version like on a PC.

Oh and i thank you ;)

You are talking about wm6.1. I thought it will be a 6.5 version.

So maybe we can clear this up?

Guest SuperLOL

OK 6.5 woul be good but i read that there are still same problems because it is not the official ROM for the B7610.

Im a new WinMo user so could someone post a link how to Mod a Original ROM im interested in it how this works.

Edited by SuperLOL

Guest Klaas Roelofs
OK 6.5 woul be good but i read that there are still same problems because it is not the official ROM for the B7610.

What do you mean with not official? There is an official wm6.5 update for the B7610 since december...

Guest Ariekanarie
I don't get the update over the Samsung New PC Studio. On the Samsung form they say end this months it will be out.

You've got a branded phone? Like vodafone or such provider?

Guest ErnstJanF
Will the ROM be only English or Multilanguage ?

I think it will be English, as we can't cook multilanguage yet :)

(Maybe i'll make multiple ROM's for languages)

Guest ErnstJanF
That would be cool but what happens if someone clicks change language on the Phone?

They will end up with the ROM they were having before flashing :)

Guest sonyxperiax2

Since you are cooking, i wolud also like that we can raise the video recording bitrate. Managing camera application (using the default wimo camera as an example) i think this is possible. Can you look a minute for this? Thank you very much!

Thanks, but I'm active @ XDA too so I knew these topics already :)

@sony; I won't edit any files. Just ask someone who has more experience. B)

hehe figured there was a big chance you'd already know them, but you know..just to be sure ;)

=-EDIT-=

btw, i was wondering, why not make a wm6.1 ultralight rom?

only reason that im on 6.5 is because gabby did a pretty good thing with his 6.5 rom.

but i can imagine that if you'll apply the same tweaks etc. on the 6.1, the 6.1 will probably be lighter AND we wont have the "ugly colors" issue anymore...so, please explain ;)

oeh and we get the great lock screen back B)

and before i get some eyecandy comments

take a look at this

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=602994

Edited by vjin