Acer Liquid or Google Nexus One ?

Guest zeus_hunt

Guest zeus_hunt

Am torn between an Acer Liquid Black and Google Nexus One.

Acer Liquid - $450 and N1 - $575

There are issues with both the phones..

The Good thing apart from the nice design is that its from Google... They have already released the kernel. All the versions would be 1st on them.. Software wise they would have a grt support.

But I m in India. There would be no warranty..  But with Acer there would a year of warranty.

Considering the above... would you say N1 is worth the additional $125 ?

Guest lucian785

The Good thing apart from the nice design is that its from Google... They have already released the kernel. All the versions would be 1st on them.. Software wise they would have a grt support.

But I m in India. There would be no warranty..  But with Acer there would a year of warranty.

If cash is no issue yes...go for nexus.

Guest Mantisen

Well if you're like the rest in these forums you'll probably rip your warranty to pieces by rooting it and installing custom roms? :) Or is it just the N1 looses warranty if you unlock the bootloader and roots it?

Guest three_pineapples

The nexus one is the superior phone. The main issue with it from what i hear is that the AMOLED screen is hard to see in direct sunlight, which could be a problem for you. You'll probably want to read up on it before purchasing.

I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get 2.x on the liquid by april this year though, so a big wait if you want the latest android features.

Nexus one has better features such as:

faster CPU

more ram

noise cancelling microphone

optical mouse thing

wireless n support (eventually)

android 2.1 (as oppossed to 1.6 on the liquid)

Guest trispect
Nexus one has better features such as:

faster CPU

Same CPU, Liquid's is just underclocked by software.

optical mouse thing

You mean that trackball?:) Only thing I found it good in (Hero has it also) was when I was playing poker. (Adjusting bet size was easier) Otherwise it was completely useless.

Guest three_pineapples
Same CPU, Liquid's is just underclocked by software.

Yes i know, but no way to overclock it has yet been found. The only hope is the kernel source, but that hasn't been released yet (and no timeframe for it to be). Thus, the nexus has a faster cpu.

You mean that trackball?:) Only thing I found it good in (Hero has it also) was when I was playing poker. (Adjusting bet size was easier) Otherwise it was completely useless.

I assume it would be useful for moving the cursor in text fields, etc... Also for playing games.

There is no arguing the nexus one is the superior phone. But the liquid is cheaper and we've had it for a month, where as people are only just getting their nexus one's.

If cash is no issue yes...go for nexus.

Agree! If I had known about N1 when I ordered my phone I would have waited for N1.

liquid is however a great phone. Gonna keep it.

Guest AntonyW999

But I m in India. There would be no warranty.. But with Acer there would a year of warranty.

Definitely not. Had mine for 4 days now and it's horrible. I've gone back to the Milestone. Colour saturation on the Nexus One screen is dreadful, not one photo looks anywhere near the real colours. The screen calibration is way off, you have to tap higher than the icons on screen for back, home etc. and it's way too easy to catch the wrong keys on the on screen keyboard also. Mine locked up and required a battery pull to get it going again the first time I tried to play back a video. And the camera has the same big pink splodge in the middle that the HD2 had - seems to be becoming a trademark of HTC. It's faster than the Milestone when loading things like the Application manager but for everyday use it's not that much quicker. Haven't tried the Acer Liquid because of reports of unresponsive screen and poor build quality, but the Nexus One is definitely NOT worth the money.

A "superphone" it ain't.

Edited by AntonyW999

Guest navygino

I like the shape of Liquid......curves on the top and bottom....

the message light....

Nexus One is cool but the look it just like the rest of the others.......