Ram Issue

Guest ultrakorne

Guest ultrakorne

hi, my tg01 has wm 6.5

the memory utility shows 205 mb of total ram. on boot i have like 75mb free.

after using the phone for a day, i end with 40 mb of ram without any app running.

if i open opera 10 and msn, my ram is over and one progam crash.

if i look at process running, i cant see what uses so much ram. spb uses 7 mb, have 2 other process with 6-7mb and then only low memory usage process.

is that normal? there is some program to check and free my ram eventually? thx

Guest xdalover
hi, my tg01 has wm 6.5

the memory utility shows 205 mb of total ram. on boot i have like 75mb free.

after using the phone for a day, i end with 40 mb of ram without any app running.

if i open opera 10 and msn, my ram is over and one progam crash.

if i look at process running, i cant see what uses so much ram. spb uses 7 mb, have 2 other process with 6-7mb and then only low memory usage process.

is that normal? there is some program to check and free my ram eventually? thx

Internet Explorer Cache uses to be the cause. It growes a lot if you surf the WWW on pages with a lot of graphs. You can clean up it with IE tools, or using an app as MemMaid or SKTools

Best Regards

Guest ultrakorne

s

Internet Explorer Cache uses to be the cause. It growes a lot if you surf the WWW on pages with a lot of graphs. You can clean up it with IE tools, or using an app as MemMaid or SKTools

Best Regards

i ve tryed memmaid, cleaning ie cache, but i still have 45-50 Ram free..

opera with some tabs eats all my free cache then...

Guest columbo

IE cache does not use program memory (unless you are talking about RAM Cache which is a different thing altogether I think) so cleaning the cache makes no difference in this case.

From previous experience, it is likely that there is a memory leak somewhere, possibly caused by one of the drivers, but I don't know enough about it to say for certain. All I know is that gwes.exe grows in size far more than it should. I think some Omnia II phones used the same WM6.5 build and had similar problems. I read somewhere that there were changes with the way memory was allocated in more recent WM versions, but that OEMs (i.e. Toshiba) often don't realise it, which results in the device running out of memory even when has physical memory free. Because we can't yet flash custom ROMs to our TG01s, I don't think there is anything we can do about it until Toshiba release an update. :)

Please can someone who knows more than me correct me if I'm wrong, or shed more light on it?

Guest ultrakorne
IE cache does not use program memory (unless you are talking about RAM Cache which is a different thing altogether I think) so cleaning the cache makes no difference in this case.

From previous experience, it is likely that there is a memory leak somewhere, possibly caused by one of the drivers, but I don't know enough about it to say for certain. All I know is that gwes.exe grows in size far more than it should. I think some Omnia II phones used the same WM6.5 build and had similar problems. I read somewhere that there were changes with the way memory was allocated in more recent WM versions, but that OEMs (i.e. Toshiba) often don't realise it, which results in the device running out of memory even when has physical memory free. Because we can't yet flash custom ROMs to our TG01s, I don't think there is anything we can do about it until Toshiba release an update. :)

Please can someone who knows more than me correct me if I'm wrong, or shed more light on it?

yes, u'r right. gwes.exe is 25 mb at the moment.

and i have like 50-55 mb of RAM free (anyway this is way to low.. i can run linux on a 256mb pc and have much more than 50mb free)

i cant oper opera with more than 4-5 tabs.

do u use spb shell? i m currently using last versione 3.5.3. i want to try some lighter desktop manager, any suggestion?