lioryte

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • Devices:Omnia i910/ Droid Incredible
  • Twitter:@lioryte
V2 is out and ready for download at post 1

First, I'd like to thank all of the people who took the polls.

VVM was voted out 60% and was taken out
VZ Nav, surprise surprise, voted Out 90% and was taken out
VZ App store was voted out 75%. I decided to leave it in since it's a stock ROM and so if one wants to get VVM/VZ Nav or any other VZ apps it's easier to get it from it.

NEW in V2
  • Above VZ Apps were taken out
  • Opera 9 was taken out, Opera 10 Beta 2 added in
  • TellMe Added
  • Alignment Screen Out
I'll be posting new Polls soon

Android Stuff

Posted Image

Lioryte ROM+Kernel (α)

WM Stuff (Retired)

Posted Image

More titanium weather icons HERE|||WQVGA only themes HERE||| CTheme Changer HERE|||

If you like my stuff you can Donate

RaveOn

RaveOn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

V2 is out and ready for download at post 1

First, I'd like to thank all of the people who took the polls.

VVM was voted out 60% and was taken out
VZ Nav, surprise surprise, voted Out 90% and was taken out
VZ App store was voted out 75%. I decided to leave it in since it's a stock ROM and so if one wants to get VVM/VZ Nav or any other VZ apps it's easier to get it from it.

NEW in V2

• Above VZ Apps were taken out
  • Opera 9 was taken out, Opera 10 Beta 2 added in
  • TellMe Added
  • Alignment Screen Out
I'll be posting new Polls soon

What's the word on Ftouch? The stock clicky sounding scrolling is rather archaic. Good call on taking out VZ apps. That should free up a good amount of space. On a side note, when are those buttholes at MS gonna figure out how to make the "ok" button work in the phone services settings? Is it possible to remove "Stock Rom" from the bottom right hand corner of the screen? Otherwise, a job well done on this rom. I kinda missed having some of the old stock features.

Charles Mims

Charles Mims

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Devices:Samsung i910
  • Twitter:@csmims
Great job! This ROM is fun to play with. It actually seems kind of quaint after driving all the ferarris you guys have cooked up. You did a fantastic job, I appreciate it.

lioryte

lioryte

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts

What's the word on Ftouch? The stock clicky sounding scrolling is rather archaic. Good call on taking out VZ apps. That should free up a good amount of space. On a side note, when are those buttholes at MS gonna figure out how to make the "ok" button work in the phone services settings? Is it possible to remove "Stock Rom" from the bottom right hand corner of the screen? Otherwise, a job well done on this rom. I kinda missed having some of the old stock features.

• Word on FTouch- I need to do a new poll, I don't think it's necessary since it's a stock ROM and FTouch is taking some free MB, but again, this ROM is a gift for the i910 MoDaco memberz
  • Microsoft and the settings OK button- Thanks for reminding me, I need to get this into the FAQ/trouble shooting post. I think this issue isn't on a very high place in the urgent updates necessary :)
  • Removal of Stock ROM Imprint- Thanks, this can go to the FAQ/Troubleshooting. You can use my cab file from HERE to rid yourself of it completely or look at the post for info on how to insert your own imprint.

Great job! This ROM is fun to play with. It actually seems kind of quaint after driving all the ferarris you guys have cooked up. You did a fantastic job, I appreciate it.

Thanks for trying, the pleasure is all ours :)

Android Stuff

Posted Image

Lioryte ROM+Kernel (α)

WM Stuff (Retired)

Posted Image

More titanium weather icons HERE|||WQVGA only themes HERE||| CTheme Changer HERE|||

flanker1743

flanker1743

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Devices:Omnia
Looking sharp, Lioryte! :-D

I gotta figure out if I'm going to go with your base or this one. I'm pretty happy with my set up now, but I'll probably change my mind next week :-P
Thanks again.

-----------------------------
Verizon i910

arizonaomnia

arizonaomnia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia i910
Hey, this is pretty awesome! I agree with the need for kinetic scrolling, though. Especially in the menus when choosing audio files for ringtones and whatnot - ugh! Fun to play with, although it also serves as a reminder about why I love the cooked ROMS so much. LOL....I had almost forgotten about "Connected Home", whatever THAT is....

D_ROCK

D_ROCK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:Omnia
I like it especially since it was my first flash from stock. The only thing I cannot find is the keyboard options so I can turn off the suggested wording.

lookinforinfo

lookinforinfo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
I just wanted to say that I love this rom and am glad that you have put in the effort and time to do it. I got the latest version. I do have two questions though and hope that it is ok to ask about them in here.

I use to have a lock that would lock the screen as soon as I pushed it. I can not find that in this version. Am I overlooking it or is it not there? There is a key that will lock the screen with a password needed but I wanted to be able to lock the screen and not have to use a pw.

Also has anyone added any weather to this that has live radar associated with it? I like accuweather and weather underground and use them on my browser but wanted to find a program I could install instead of having to use my browser.

Thanks and keep up the great work.

rtimi28

rtimi28

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Devices:samsung omnia i910
is there something wrong with 4shared cos I can't get it to download

lioryte

lioryte

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts

I just wanted to say that I love this rom and am glad that you have put in the effort and time to do it. I got the latest version. I do have two questions though and hope that it is ok to ask about them in here.

I use to have a lock that would lock the screen as soon as I pushed it. I can not find that in this version. Am I overlooking it or is it not there? There is a key that will lock the screen with a password needed but I wanted to be able to lock the screen and not have to use a pw.

Also has anyone added any weather to this that has live radar associated with it? I like accuweather and weather underground and use them on my browser but wanted to find a program I could install instead of having to use my browser.
Thanks and keep up the great work.

Thanks for trying and the input
Weather with live association? There's titanium weather and GPSWeatherRadarPro in post 2 with a gps/data updates. Post 2 under GPS
Lock- Press and hold end call button or from menu press the lock icon

is there something wrong with 4shared cos I can't get it to download

Nope works fine

Android Stuff

Posted Image

Lioryte ROM+Kernel (α)

WM Stuff (Retired)

Posted Image

lookinforinfo

lookinforinfo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
thanks for the locking info I forgot about doing it that way since I always had an icon on my main page. I wanted to try Titanium weather but I can not get it t load or update when it does load. I do not know why but I was going to try to search around and see if I was doing something wrong. Same thing with GPS weather radar pro. I thought that one sounded good also but it just sat there and never got my location. Google maps work so I know the GPS is working on the phone. Maybe something was wrong with the cab files that I used. Who knows, not me yet.

lioryte

lioryte

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts

thanks for the locking info I forgot about doing it that way since I always had an icon on my main page. I wanted to try Titanium weather but I can not get it t load or update when it does load. I do not know why but I was going to try to search around and see if I was doing something wrong. Same thing with GPS weather radar pro. I thought that one sounded good also but it just sat there and never got my location. Google maps work so I know the GPS is working on the phone. Maybe something was wrong with the cab files that I used. Who knows, not me yet.

Make sure you use the titanium weather from my post 2 and make sure you install it to device memory. Same for WeatherRadar. (WR has 2 options 1 is GPS+Data 2 is Data only. GPS you need to be outside for...)

Android Stuff

Posted Image

Lioryte ROM+Kernel (α)

WM Stuff (Retired)

Posted Image

geekboy2005

geekboy2005

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Devices:I910 omnia, HTC Incredible
4shared must be having problems cant get and when you do it says already d/l which is not true tried dif file and same either ip going already or server limit reached

lookinforinfo

lookinforinfo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
I finally found the link to your titanium weather.  Google maps almost hits my location perfectly but GPS Weather will not put me in Texas but always puts me in Ecuador.  My what a distance off it is.

Does your other release run as smooth as this one does? I think I might like to give it a try and add what I need. Any input is appreciated. I have read about the other one but am fairly new to all this.

Edited by lookinforinfo, 22 January 2010 - 12:20 AM.

arizonaomnia

arizonaomnia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia i910
I like the new version of this - seems to work a little more smoothly. FWIW - I added Ftouch and it works quite nicely.

Couple of notes:

1. Could you add a poll regarding Connected Home? I'm not sure if anyone actually uses this. I remember spending quite some time last spring looking for information on this app and nobody could really tell me what it did. :-) This might be worth removing for a little extra wiggle room.

2. I admit that I do like the Samsung Online Widgets. Not quite as useful as Titanium, but like another poster said, it shakes up the UI a little bit. Throw in some of the available widgets out there and it's sorta useful. However, and I suspect this is related to the Opera 10 add-in, the "Internet" widget is no longer working. Could you please reconnect this shortcut? Thanks.

rtimi28

rtimi28

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Devices:samsung omnia i910
I do like this also. However there are some bugs

* on a menu one can't scroll but instead have to click on the arrow down or up to do so.
* also I think the touch settings and sensitivities are a little off especially on the left side. Is there something that can be done

Oh also on version three instead of omnia version could you please make an omnialite version. Great job guys, this shows what could possibly be a wm6.6 upgrade for the i910

aace

aace

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • Devices:Omnia i910

I do like this also. However there are some bugs

* on a menu one can't scroll but instead have to click on the arrow down or up to do so.
* also I think the touch settings and sensitivities are a little off especially on the left side. Is there something that can be done

Oh also on version three instead of omnia version could you please make an omnialite version. Great job guys, this shows what could possibly be a wm6.6 upgrade for the i910

+1 on omnialite
i know it's "stock" - in some way ominalite is still omnia stock

Stealth Pope

Stealth Pope

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omina I910
Hey, I was wondering, does this ROM include the "hold the end key" to end data transmissions? I am a big fan of that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users