lioryte

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • Devices:Omnia i910/ Droid Incredible
  • Twitter:@lioryte

I am having the same problem...

I have subscribed to visual voice mail and was trying to download it, without luck.

Does anyone has the untouched version of this room?

This is a custom ROM there is no untouched version. You might want to go back to CF03

Hi Liorite,

Any word on version 3 yet?

Sorry it takes time but no V3 yet I have to find time for it

First of all I'm going to say that I really like this ROM and the effort you guys put into it. However, there are a few issues that maybe you guys could fix pretty please?

1. I love how the music player is integrated on the home screen and that you can simply swipe it and click to move to next song. However, doing this doesn't work when its on shuffle, it keeps switching to the next song in the library, usually by the same artist and same album. If you could make it so that when you put shuffle on, it is shuffled from there too.

2. At the bottom of the homescreen for the "favorites tab" could you make it default to Opera Browser? Internet Explorer is terribly slow, and I think we can all agree on that.

3. Perhaps add a touch sensitivity tweak? Make the phone a little more finger friendly.

4. Eliminate, and I mean destroy, any remnant of the ugly looking Main Menu, I hate how it's an "application" when you hit the windows button. It pops up in some other places as well.

5. ALSO, this is probably my most wanted idea. Like in SPB Mobile Shell, perhaps you could pin programs to the homescreen list. I would like to have camera, task manager, settings and some other stuff to be a swipe and click away.

Thanks. I am really loving the homescreen.

1. It's a WMP thing. I'll look into it
2. Yes will do for next version
3. Yes I have tweaked it in my BASE version, same will apply in the next version
4. Not sure I follow you- which one are we talking about?
5. This is stock version, you can use titanium/ whatever and pin them to the list. But why not just move them in main menu? just move them to the top? I have an Idea though. We'll see next version

Oh and perhaps make Touch Player the default player instead of WMP?

Yes next version

what happened to V3 with omnia lite skin and not old omnia i910. It would be nice if you could.
thanks,

I never said anything about omnia lite skin version. It won't be STOCK if I did that :P
With that being said since this is a public service project, is there a demand for omnia lite skins?

ok i don't know if it's this rom or something else, but this is the second time i have powered on my phone and had my storage wiped out almost completely. has this happened to anyone else? i've lost a lot of family pictures and stuff everytime this happens, so if it's the rom i'm gonna go back to the stock. but if not, i'd really like to find out why this is happening. any help is appreciated, thanks in advance

Not a ROM issue. Sorry

What happend to this project? and where are the links to the roms?

This project is on hold as I have no time to play with it- As well as my Model T ROM :( Only my base ROM is active right now (not as much as I'd like it to be). I hope I can get a new version out sometime soon. As for Q#2-
Images and Download- click on the image to download (taken from post 1)

I would like to apologize to everyone that waits for V3. I honestly have no time right now. I will try to find some time for V3.
Notes I have for V3 so far

wlanautoloader- This will stabilize WiFi engine
old themes out- They are WM 6.1, I'll add stock and lioryte's WM 6.5 themes
file explorer ext in- Better file explorer
map opera as default browser
make touchplayer default player

And maybe change original Omnia to Omnia lite (all apps can be seen HERE) if there is enough demand for it

Android Stuff

Posted Image

Lioryte ROM+Kernel (α)

WM Stuff (Retired)

Posted Image

More titanium weather icons HERE|||WQVGA only themes HERE||| CTheme Changer HERE|||

If you like my stuff you can Donate

iandy1

iandy1

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Interests:Computers, PPC's, music, games
  • Devices:wiza200, Omnia i910
Will like to try a ROM with Omnia Lite apps.

Thanks Lioryte.

Rom: Lioryte's 23414 V4

Levi H.

Levi H.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:The Omnia
Thanks Lioryte for the responses. I think V3 will probably be the best ROM release for the Omnia evar! Eager to see what your new idea for the homescreen tabs is =)

hartv427

hartv427

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  • Devices:Samsung i910 Omnia
Nice work being done here !!!!

thanks to all that have contributed

If you would like to buy me a cup of coffee feel free to Donate

skinneejoe

skinneejoe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:Omnia
This version of Windows Mobile will expire on 5/1/2010.

I just got this message last night on my phone and my wifes phone. We're both running your V1 ROM. Is the beta "time-bomb" still active for this ROM? Or will 5/1/2010 come and go without a problem? Not sure what to do here... any advice would be great!

Yo Mama

Yo Mama

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia i910
Ditto what skinneejoe stated. Too bad it's not just an April fool's joke. I am running V2. The exact error message is:

This copy of Windows Mobile expires within 30 days on 05/01/2010.

Looking around the forum, it appears either the registry key [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Device Beta] is the culprit or maybe we need a patched shell32.exe?

This key exists in my registry but most of the values are blank.

About
Expiry
Reminder 1 (0X000001)
Today

I also see the same problem exists with Lioryte Base 23551+mortscript 4.3β Free:~170MB 16MB PagePool, WM 6.5 CF03 BASE 23551

Edited by Yo Mama, 01 April 2010 - 04:44 PM.

robertjm

robertjm

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
Happened to me last night promptly at 1am PAC. Phone let out an alarm I'd never heard of, nor set, and so I immediately looked at it.

I sure hope this is fixed in the next 30 days so I don't have to hunt for a new ROM to flash. :P

Robert

HTC Thunderbolt with SynergyROM Nighties
Samsung Omnia i910 with thekevster's M2D WM 6.5 ROM v3 DC22/23563 (retired)
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit Fujitsu AH531 laptop (home)
Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin 64bit desktop (home)
rooted Barnes & Noble Nook Color

Corki2

Corki2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia II i920, LG Ally
I had the same expiration message this morning also. I have tried several ROMS and finanlly decided this is the one I will stick with. Now this... I was reading another post somewhere about about the same issue. I can't recall which ROM, or where I read it, but it seems someone bricked their phone trying to get around it. I guess the warning is not to be taken lightly.

skinneejoe

skinneejoe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

This key exists in my registry but most of the values are blank.

About
Expiry
Reminder 1 (0X000001)
Today

I read somewhere that the notifications may still be in place, but that the "time-bomb" has actually been removed. According to the registry values above, one could GUESS, and I emphasize guess, that maybe that's the case here because the Expiry is blank, yet the reminder is 1. If there is a person brave enough to try it, you could set your date forward past the expiration and see if it locks up. If it doesn't, then we are all probably safe (assuming the different ROM versions are the same in this regard). If it DOES lock up I believe you can still "un-brick" it from what I've read, by putting your phone into boot loader mode and re-flashing it. But don't take my word for it! And if nobody is brave enough to try (I'm not since I have a convention this weekend and need my phone) I don't blame you! Hopefully the ROM chef will respond soon...

Corki2

Corki2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
What the heck. I'll do it. I have 2 i910's. If I brick one, I still have another. Wish me luck.... I'll post back in a few..

Corki2

Corki2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
It says" This concludes the beta test.. bla bla bla... Soft reset takes it back to this screen from which there is no escape. Gonna go switch to my other phone now...

:P

I just reflashed to a different ROM successfully, so no real harm done.

Edited by Corki2, 02 April 2010 - 02:28 AM.

lioryte

lioryte

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
Looks like I forgot to patch the timebomb in 23518...

I'll be posting a cab file with the patch on Sunday.

Android Stuff

Posted Image

Lioryte ROM+Kernel (α)

WM Stuff (Retired)

Posted Image

More titanium weather icons HERE|||WQVGA only themes HERE||| CTheme Changer HERE|||

robertjm

robertjm

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
EXCELLENT!! We all appreciate it!

Robert

HTC Thunderbolt with SynergyROM Nighties
Samsung Omnia i910 with thekevster's M2D WM 6.5 ROM v3 DC22/23563 (retired)
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit Fujitsu AH531 laptop (home)
Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin 64bit desktop (home)
rooted Barnes & Noble Nook Color

skinneejoe

skinneejoe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

What the heck. I'll do it. I have 2 i910's. If I brick one, I still have another. Wish me luck.... I'll post back in a few..

Corki2 - Thanks for taking one for the team! Sorry it didn't work out and that I lead you astray, but we all appreciate that you had the gumption to try it for us!

lioryte - thank you so much for patching this ROM! it's the best one available as far as I'm concerned and I was soooo bummed when I got that message! I'm assuming the patch will work for any ROM version?

lioryte

lioryte

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
OK here goes...

I don't have my original 23518 file but I did manage to get one. Looks like this should work. (A patched Shell32.exe) Attached is a .zip file with the shell32.exe file and a .cab file.

Instructions:

Extract file. Install cab file to device memory and soft reset OR copy shell32.exe to /windows directory using Resco/TC and soft reset.

Please let me know if this fixes the time bomb issue. Sorry abot all the trouble 23518 was a very popular release...

Attached Files

Android Stuff

Posted Image

Lioryte ROM+Kernel (α)

WM Stuff (Retired)

Posted Image

clange50

clange50

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Devices:Omnia i910
Loving this so far, thanks. Anyone else having a problem with getting rid of the Getting Started section on the today screen though?

Edited by clange50, 06 April 2010 - 03:10 AM.

lookinforinfo

lookinforinfo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Mine says the following when I try to install the patch from the cab file.

Installation was unsuccessful. The program or setting cannot be installed because it does not have sufficient system permissions.

Where can I get Resco and some instructions on using it?

lioryte

lioryte

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts

Mine says the following when I try to install the patch from the cab file.

Installation was unsuccessful. The program or setting cannot be installed because it does not have sufficient system permissions.

Where can I get Resco and some instructions on using it?

So just install the cab file do your device memory

Android Stuff

Posted Image

Lioryte ROM+Kernel (α)

WM Stuff (Retired)

Posted Image

lookinforinfo

lookinforinfo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
I thought that is what I was trying to do. I tried to install it to device and also to my storage but I get the same error message both times

Edited by lookinforinfo, 06 April 2010 - 04:48 AM.

thekevster

thekevster

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts
lioryte, if you dont mind me asking, what tweak did you use to allow send and recieve of large MMS files?

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones that are worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users