Manila (sense 2.1/2.5) in test...

Guest *LeiTo*

Guest arunbabu
Can you let us know,supersonic, how much memory (both system and program) left on your tg01 after you install booth the manila 2.1 and 2.5?

thx!!

50mb memory nd 30 ram was free after installation nd working with opera mobile. its almost overloaded to the processor which becomes slw. animation is really good. calculator nd other few programs like recorder taskmn dont work especially if u click audio or music tab then had it, got to hard reset no other go. Instead of all these things toshiba strips are far better in looks n performance.

Guest coolkat

clock on sense is slowing down the phone. disable the flips using the cab on xda- devs and it should be smooth. also if you are using orange supplied device, remove the orange applications, homescreen and stuff. i have 68mb free ram and 100mb storage space. i have other apps installed too.

Guest tra33372
clock on sense is slowing down the phone. disable the flips using the cab on xda- devs and it should be smooth. also if you are using orange supplied device, remove the orange applications, homescreen and stuff. i have 68mb free ram and 100mb storage space. i have other apps installed too.

How can I remove Toshiba app such as Stripe Theme in T-01A (Jap version). Most of programs are pre-installed and those aren't on the Remove Program list.

Because the memory left after the Manila installation is pretty low, it's hard to run multiple program and hang frequently (out of memory).

Guest Guachiflai

Hey, someone has put this link in XDA. I don't know really how does it work but I'm sure you guys can deal with it:

http://adryan.evonet.ro/pocket%20pc/Toshib...%20Sense%202.1/

Is like an ftp site with several files to install Sense 2.1 in our TG01, and maybe some of them can also fix some bug on it and on the 2.5. Take a look on them.

Hope it works for you!

"The file is "04 sense 2.1 for WM6.1" but it work on 6.5.

Install netFramework3.5 before and make you sure it's enable in registry

Maybe install HTC Framework from ftp and audiomanager (whithout sense can't launch)

Soft reset then run sense.2.1.cab and soft reset again.

It launch automaticly after boot."

Hey this is my firsttime to user smartphone

I had install HTC fram and Net3.5&3.7

But i'm still can't use sense2.1....

anybody can tell me why? :D

post-661909-1266758607_thumb.jpgpost-661909-1266758636_thumb.jpgpost-661909-1266758646_thumb.jpgpost-661909-1266758721_thumb.jpg

Guest Laziepig
not working. stuck @ tap here to launch

here's an easier way..

install as follow after a hard reset

1. OpenGLESv1.cab

2. TF3DUpdater.exe

3. AudioManager.cab

4. OemDiamAudioMgr.cab

5. sense 2.5

6. restart

no restart & no sdkcerts.cab required during the whole process..

Guest coolkat

i used to get the tap here to launch too so i followed this method:

hardreset tg01, while it is caliberating, use ceregeditor to delete unwanted entries from HKLM\Software\Toshiba\AutoCabInstall and HKLM\Software\Toshiba\CommSetup. I left coreplayer and delted rest of the entries.

restart using the phones power button (long press)

now install NETCFv35.wm.armv4i.cab then netcfcfg.cab. both can be found at the following link:

http://www.modaco.com/content/windows-mobi...ading-your-rom/

now open startmenu on your phone, you should see a new link names ".net configuration". open it and go to the tab: "device policy" and change the value from the drop down to 3.5.7283 and tap apply. now before restarting, using the ceregeditor, goto HKLM\software\microsoft\.NETCompactFramework

double click on 3.5.xxxx and chd change the value to 1 and double click on 2.0.xxxx to 0

restart the phone.

now install sdkcerts.cab

then only install AudioManager.cab. DONOT INSTALL OemDiamAudioMgr.cab

restart the device

now install the sense 2.5.2012 cab from here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=108707

it should take about 15 minutes to complete. once its done, it should ask you to reboot. once you are done rebooting, follow the following steps carefully!

donot fiddle with the phone. dont access any tabs yet. just press start menu and install OemDiamAudioMgr.cab. copy the AlbumSearcher.exe to windows folder.

now restart the phone again

now download the 2.5 wvga zip version of following to your desktop: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=583161

download the file attached to this post. its called options.zip. unzip this folder and copy the "options" folder to yourphone\windows\startmenu

now open startmenu and goto file explorer and goto windows\startmenu\options\ and click on today. this should bringup today settings screen. goto items tab and uncheck "htc sense" and tap ok to apply settings. now copy the "5fa4d4b7_manila" file from 01:02 disable manila zip folder to windows folder of your device.

now enable "HTC sense" in today settings screen.

finally, again restart the phone and enjoy sense.

there are few options which donot work but most of them do. i have about 101MB free space after installing opera beta 3, google maps., youtube application. and phone is much much faster. Also i disabled the swipe to unlock feature as toshiba keys are not very easy to be pressed accidentally.

hope this guide works for you.

Options.zip

Guest Laziepig
donot fiddle with the phone. dont access any tabs yet. just press start menu and install OemDiamAudioMgr.cab. copy the AlbumSearcher.exe to windows folder.

now restart the phone again<--audio tab work with this method??

now download the 2.5 wvga zip version of following to your desktop<--what's this for?

download the file attached to this post. its called options.zip. unzip this folder and copy the "options" folder to yourphone\windows\startmenu<--this is for?

now open startmenu and goto file explorer and goto windows\startmenu\options\ and click on today. this should bringup today settings screen. goto items tab and uncheck "htc sense" and tap ok to apply settings. now copy the "5fa4d4b7_manila" file from 01:02 disable manila zip folder to windows folder of your device.<--and this?

hope this guide works for you.

Guest coolkat

yes, audio tab works.

the 2.5 wvga zip file contains 5fa4d4b7_manila file. this disables the clock flip. On my tg01, i discovered that when im not in sense main screen for about 2-3 minutes and comeback, the clock flips back 1 hr 2 min back and comes to current time. this is just eye candy from HTC but while this is happening, if you access something else, the phone almost goes into unresponsive state. replacing the file disables the flip.

when you install this version of sense, settings menu in the startmenu disappeared for me so i made a folder with all the shortcuts. i didnt see a way to access today settings screen after installing sense.

Guest Laziepig
when you install this version of sense, settings menu in the startmenu disappeared for me so i made a folder with all the shortcuts. i didnt see a way to access today settings screen after installing sense.

thanks i'll try the audio trick later..

for the settings menu, u just need to move the shortcut to startmenu first before installing..

any luck on the sms? my omnia sms is not working after the installation..

Guest coolkat
thanks i'll try the audio trick later..

for the settings menu, u just need to move the shortcut to startmenu first before installing..

any luck on the sms? my omnia sms is not working after the installation..

SMS worked without any modifications on tg01.

update on installation: once you are done with previous steps, install htc comm manager. download it from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...mp;postcount=39

i tried the wifi registry editing but it didnt work but rest of the options work.

Guest coolkat
Go to key in registy "HKLM\Software\Drivers\WLAN" and copy the value from 'AdapterName" string. Now go to key in registry "HKLM\Software\HTC\CommManager\WLAN" and edit "DeviceName" string. You see there value like this: "{98C5250D-C29A-4985-AE5F-AFE5367E5006}\TNETW12511". Delete the last part of this value ("TNETW12511") and past the value "AdapterName" which you copy at end. Make soft reset and that is all. Now Wifi button on your device should work properly

it didnt work initially but seems to work now after 2-3 resets.

i have a problem with camera.. my default camera app shows blank image with controls!! i dont know if its hardware or software. can anyone confirm? i dont want to hardreset to check!!

Guest coolkat

update: camera fix

copy tcamera.exe from windows folder of your phone to desktop, rename it to camera.exe and copy it back to phone.

i have a problem with camera.. my default camera app shows blank image with controls!! i dont know if its hardware or software. can anyone confirm? i dont want to hardreset to check!!

nevermind.. i think i have installed acab which i shouldnot have. performed yet another hardreset/install and everything is fine now :(

Guest yr6666

after seeing all thread before, in fact how the correct way to install on omnia 2

to work properly on omnia 2.. because I am still confused, thanks for the advice

sori for my bad english

Guest coolkat
after seeing all thread before, in fact how the correct way to install on omnia 2

to work properly on omnia 2.. because I am still confused, thanks for the advice

sori for my bad english

the best way to have sense on omnia is via a new ROM. i think there are loads of ROMs available with sense cooked in. why bother installing these cabs?

Guest rkuczma

hi

can someone post a working cab of the 2.5 version -non beta

the file n the links above has change and you loose the storage card after installing it

thanks

Guest coolkat
hi

can someone post a working cab of the 2.5 version -non beta

the file n the links above has change and you loose the storage card after installing it

thanks

use the cab from ppc geeks http://www.4shared.com/file/239166725/c760...5_20121225.html

to fix the memory card issue, after install, use the cab from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...p;postcount=122

this version is much faster for me and takes very low space and installation is fast too!!

Guest supersonix
this version is much faster for me and takes very low space and installation is fast too!!

Much faster than old 2.5.2012 or 2.5.2011?

Edited by supersonix

Guest coolkat
Much faster than old 2.5.2012 or 2.5.2011?

all previous builds. it could be my phone as i got replacement from orange on wednesday and this one looks very responsive. i havent tried previous builds on this one. im quite happy with the latest one.

Guest Joe Hawkins
use the cab from ppc geeks http://www.4shared.com/file/239166725/c760...5_20121225.html

to fix the memory card issue, after install, use the cab from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...p;postcount=122

its 23mb <_< this is tiny compared to the other 2 cab's avaliable which are 85mb & 69mb, how can this be right?

Edited by Joe Hawkins