Lisbian taskbar for i910 ROMS

Guest Lisbian08

Guest Lisbian08

It has been a while, but I have generated a new taskbar for 6.5.X ROMs

Instructions for installing

1. Remove/Uninstall all taskbars.

2. If eventbroker is installed (either in ROM or by Cab), go to \windows\startup folder and delete eventbroker.lnk then perform a soft reset. If eventbroker is running the taskbar will not install and you will receive an error stating you do not have the required permission to install.

2. Install newsdkcerts.cab. (This is different from previous sdkcerts.cab.) (Must be install only once.)

3. Install new taskbar cab to MY DEVICE.

This is for WM 6.5.X Roms (Builds 23000 and higher)

WM 6.1 Taskbars on post #2.

WM 6.5 (not 6.5.X) post #3.

NewSDKCerts.cab

post-488008-1263326262_thumb.png

Lisbian_Black_6.5.X_1.0.cab

Notes:

Registry Key [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\security\ResOver] and all subkeys should be deleted. If you do not have this key in your registry, then this is N/A. This key is used in previous versions and other taskbars, but is not needed for this taskbar.

Files phcanoverbmp.dll, cdma_rssi_PPC.dll, and overrideicon.dll are not used in this taskbar. All icons from these files have been incorporated into other files.

Source .dll files were extracted from Lioryte's Base 23517 ROM.

Eventbroker is also included with matching icons placed in the exe file.

Chefs feel free to cook in ROMs if you wish, and to others, feel free to modify and use at your leisure.

Special Thanks to:

BGA7x/Evidence, Blazingwolf, Waremike, Rob Storm and Lioryte: Without your support with great ROMs, my omnia would be crap.

Nikosxri, Krazy Radd, and TSOwens (XDA). Your taskbars are great in their own right, and I have borrowed and learned from each of them.

To the Omnia community here at Modaco, I have gotten so much from you, and tried to give a little something back.

I do this because I enjoy it and the people in this community, but if you would like to DONATE small sum it would be appreciated.

Edited by Lisbian08

Guest Lisbian08

Taskbars for Windows Mobile 6.1 ROMs

Directions

1. Remove any taskbars installed.

2. Install sdkcerts.cab (if not done already) (and yes this is the standard old one you have seen many times)

3. Install Eventbroker.cab

4. Install the taskbar of your choice to MY DEVICE.

SdkCerts.cab

BluetoothIconBrokerV3.CAB

Lisbian_orb_Taskbar_v2.2_Omnia_start_icon.cab

post-488008-1263348825_thumb.png post-488008-1263348833_thumb.png

Lisbian_orb_Taskbar_v2.2_Windows_start_icon.cab

post-488008-1263348842_thumb.png post-488008-1263348848_thumb.png

Lisbian_Cubic_Taskbar_v1.1_wm61.cab

post-488008-1263350313_thumb.png post-488008-1263350386_thumb.png

Lisbian_Cubic_Red_v1.01_wm61.cab

post-488008-1263350221_thumb.png post-488008-1263350228_thumb.png

Lisbian_Cubic_Blue_v1.31_wm61.cab

post-488008-1263350453_thumb.png post-488008-1263350462_thumb.png

Edited by Lisbian08

Guest Lisbian08

Taskbars for WM6.5 not 6.5.x (builds ~ 21000 - 22000)

Directions

1. Remove any taskbars installed.

2. Install sdkcerts.cab (if not done already) (and yes this is the standard old one you have seen many times)

3. Install Eventbroker.cab

4. Install the taskbar of your choice to MY DEVICE.

SdkCerts.cab

BluetoothIconBrokerV3.CAB

Lisbian_Cubic_Taskbar_v1.1.cab

post-488008-1263396208_thumb.png post-488008-1263396217_thumb.png post-488008-1263396222_thumb.png

post-488008-1263396233_thumb.png post-488008-1263396238_thumb.png post-488008-1263396245_thumb.png

Lisbian_Cubic_Blue_v1.31.cab

post-488008-1263396309_thumb.png post-488008-1263396315_thumb.png post-488008-1263396323_thumb.png

Lisbian_Cubic_Red_v1.01.cab

post-488008-1263396379_thumb.png post-488008-1263396384_thumb.png

Edited by Lisbian08

Guest Lisbian08

Useful Utilities and Links for taskbar manipulation

NewsdkCerts.zip Needed for signing dlls. The one I previously used has expired.

Reshacker_editor.zip Resource editor (freeware) Newsdkcerts and batch files for signing are included.

ROM_Extractor.zip Rom Extractor will allow you to extract ROM files to My Storage or Storage Card. This is the program I use to get source dlls.

ICOFX (freeware) is the icon editor I use and can be downloaded at the following link ICOFX.

I also use PE Explorer and Win CE Cab Manager but these are not free.

Edited by Lisbian08

Guest Lisbian08
looking good been wanting a good task bar like the one evidence has been using...

Sweet, Thanks!!

Nice, looks great

Thanks guys, If there is any suggestions you have no matter how trivial, feel free to mention them. I did take a lot from the Evidence taskbar. I just cleaned the icons up a bit to make them a little sharper.

Guest Lisbian08
When i try to install to MY DEVICE it errors and says it does not have system permission to install. Any ideas? Thanks

I haven't seen that one. Did you install the NewSDKcerts.cab first? What ROM are you using?

Guest waremike32

Just a heads up,

If the rom you're using already has a bluetooth broker (like mine), you must either kill this process or delete the lnk in startup and soft reset before installing.

Lisbian, great work!

Guest Lisbian08
Just a heads up,

If the rom you're using already has a bluetooth broker (like mine), you must either kill this process or delete the lnk in startup and soft reset before installing.

Lisbian, great work!

That must be it. I had forgotten about this issue. Liorytes's ROM doesn't have the eventbroker in it, so that is why i didn't see this issue when I tested.

@Reaver76, delete the eventbroker.lnk in the \windows\startup folder, then soft reset and install the taskbar. I would really like to know if the works.

Guest reaver76
That must be it. I had forgotten about this issue. Liorytes's ROM doesn't have the eventbroker in it, so that is why i didn't see this issue when I tested.

@Reaver76, delete the eventbroker.lnk in the \windows\startup folder, then soft reset and install the taskbar. I would really like to know if the works.

That was it! I knew there was something that I did before and couldn't remember. Lisbian, As usual, the taskbar looks great. FYI. I am running Storms 23518 Rom.

Thanks again

Guest Lisbian08
Lisbian Whats up bro how u been bro long time!!!! I see u got the working going again with the taskbar i got to try this out =)

I have been good thanks. Let me know what you think!!!

Guest Lisbian08
That was it! I knew there was something that I did before and couldn't remember. Lisbian, As usual, the taskbar looks great. FYI. I am running Storms 23518 Rom.

Thanks again

Great I am glad that worked. I am going to amend the first post with those instructions.

Thanks for the added install tip waremike32...

Working great after minor suggested registry fix.

I'm using Storm's md2 23517 rom.

Thanks for the nice taskbar :)

B) ;)

Guest Lisbian08
Thanks for the added install tip waremike32...

Working great after minor suggested registry fix.

I'm using Storm's md2 23517 rom.

Thanks for the nice taskbar :)

:) :)

I am glad it worked for you. Thanks for the info on the reg entries and ROM.

Guest Lisbian08

I am getting pretty steady downloads, with minimal comments. I will take that as a good thing...lol. Does anyone have any constructive comments, suggestions or requests as far as the taskbar goes?

Guest lioryte

Yea, that's why I don't customize. (That and being a lazy baste***) :)

I use GIMP to edit/make all of my images, another freebe one.

Lisbian, I normally ain't using any taskbar, but was curios as to testing yours, and so I did test it all day, working great!

Thanks bro

Guest rfarrah
I am getting pretty steady downloads, with minimal comments. I will take that as a good thing...lol. Does anyone have any constructive comments, suggestions or requests as far as the taskbar goes?

I'm running Waremike's 28011 M2D2 (at least for another few hours :) ). Does that mean I can only use the latest one you have posted? I liked some of the others a little better - sorry - so I was just curious. Sorry if this is a stupid question - never modded the task bar before.

Guest Lisbian08
I'm running Waremike's 28011 M2D2 (at least for another few hours :) ). Does that mean I can only use the latest one you have posted? I liked some of the others a little better - sorry - so I was just curious. Sorry if this is a stupid question - never modded the task bar before.

Yes, you should use the taskbar on Post #1. Just make sure you delete the eventbroker.lnk and soft reset as the instructions state. Enjoy!!!!