Really Struggling to Root :(

Guest mat.

Guest mrfriedhoff
What did you do to get that?

well i was starting over making a gold card with the soa's lame hex page and as I was listening to unlockrs movie and i realized he says goldcard.img... when you download it, its in zip but you can still pull it up in hxd... anyways i extracted it this time even though it doesn't say to just for the hell of it... then i tried ruu 1.7xxxx got the 140 code then figured i'd just try the ruu 2.7xxxx since it didnt say ID error and now im rooted.... so I guess I was supposed to just know to extract it ... either that or soa's lame hex page did me right...?

Thank you so much pulser and everyone who helped - I truely appreciate it

well i was starting over making a gold card with the soa's lame hex page and as I was listening to unlockrs movie and i realized he says goldcard.img... when you download it, its in zip but you can still pull it up in hxd... anyways i extracted it this time even though it doesn't say to just for the hell of it... then i tried ruu 1.7xxxx got the 140 code then figured i'd just try the ruu 2.7xxxx since it didnt say ID error and now im rooted.... so I guess I was supposed to just know to extract it ... either that or soa's lame hex page did me right...?

Thank you so much pulser and everyone who helped - I truely appreciate it

No bother :)

So, to recap for future searching purposes:

If your goldcard is not working, be sure to unzip the resultant goldcard.zip to get a file 'goldcard.img'. Do not try to write the file goldcard.zip into the HxD window, as this will cause CID Error.

If you have difficulty reversing the CID string, try http://hexrev.soaa.me/, which will also add the zeroes to it, then use the link to generate the goldcard.img file.

Guest mrfriedhoff

also, in the cmd prompt people can use the right click, mark, then highlight their cid number and paste into notepad if they are afraid they copied it wrong

• 2 weeks later...
Guest David Aitken

I'm having the same problem as matt, there.

My htc Hero on 3uk contract won't allow me to use flashrec or downgrade with goldcard.

With the gold card it appears that after writing the goldcard.img info to the card that it becomes unrecognisable and demands to be formatted. I have used SanDisk, Kingston and Transcend disks but all with the same results. I have also checked and double checked the numbers at each stage :-(

here's the cid of my Kingston 2gb Card:

413432534432474220000003c14000c6

After reversing I have:

000040c1030000204247324453323441

and here's my goldcard image:

Could it be a card reader issue?

Really stumped and Android 1.5 is proving really unstable for me just now :-(

David

goldcard2.img

• 1 month later...
Guest David Aitken

Got it sorted ... feel really stupid for missing the Physical Drive bit in HxD

Edited by David Aitken

Guest boscha99

Hey guys,

I finally transform my T-Mobile G2 Touch (1.5 cupcake) in real HTC HERO and I am realy happy for this, with method in this topic. I write steps in short notes that works for CROATIA n G2 Touch.

Golden card method - get cid from CMD, reverse string, replace first two digits with 00 (NEW CID), generate goldencard.img with NEW CID (LINK),

put memory card into card reader, format memory card in FAT32 and open in HxD editor (LINK) as PHISICAL DISC (not LOGICAL), open goldencard.img in HxD, coppy all txt from goldcard.img -> CTRL+A and CTRL+C, go to your memory card and select sectors from 0 to 170 and put CTRL+B to replace selecting. You have goldcard!

And then your card is ready for THIS Post #28 in this topic. Tnx pulser to simply notes.

I hope someone help this notes. Cheers :mellow: <_<

Edited by boscha99