HTC HD2 SMS Update 2

Guest vinaymanro

Guest vinaymanro
thumb_08-Jan-2010_hd2.jpg

HTC have just released another update for the HD2, which addresses SMS issues.

This update for HTC HD2 messaging lets you reach out to your friends and family with instant notifications. Keeping in touch has always been very important, and this update delivers just that: fast and reliable SMS messaging.

Note: This update is only applicable to ROM version is equal to 1.66.XXX.X, or lower.

I have just applied this update to my HD2 and notice messages load alot quicker. If you apply the update what differences do you notice?

Guest mattyfiend

I noticed there is a bug where all the old messages have a "GSM" at the end of them. Sometimes this text over runs date/time of the message.

Also it now says, "Limited to 10 recipients" in the To: field.

If it's loading up a conversation and you start typing that's ok but once it's finished loading the conversation you stop being able to see what you're typing without moving up and down a bit which makes the keyboard disappear. Hmm? Improvement?

Hopefully they've at least fixed the most basic functionality flaw since mobiles were invented. Actually being able to send SMS's reliably.

I have some news....I have looked to HTC support site now and the mentioned update was pulled out! Maybe there are more serious bugs in it...so I propably advise everyone not to install it...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.