• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

03civicsi

03civicsi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Devices:HTC Incredible (ADR6300)

It does look like an awesome phone. I just need to see if it will sync and play nicely with Outlook (contacts, appointments, tasks) on my computers.

the incredible has HTC sync which is part or HTC sense so it does play nice with any mail client as far as I know... I synced my contacts to google server just in case, so when I get my incredible all I need to do is log in and let it do the rest... my omnia is now my music/ video player...
I will miss the battery life I got with it... 3 days per charge after I upgraded to a custom rom

tom999

tom999

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:Surfing, Swimming
  • Devices:Omnia i910
Looking for a decent "starter" Android phone, any thoughts?

With all the new android phones out there, or soon to be, I'm interested in picking up a cheap used android phone that I can mess with, flash upgrade, etc. to start into the Android. Change is inevitable but I don't want to lock in to a 2-year plan with Verizon right now. So any thoughts on which 2009 or early 2010 android might be best?

Thanks. tom

Lisbian08

Lisbian08

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia i910

Looking for a decent "starter" Android phone, any thoughts?

With all the new android phones out there, or soon to be, I'm interested in picking up a cheap used android phone that I can mess with, flash upgrade, etc. to start into the Android. Change is inevitable but I don't want to lock in to a 2-year plan with Verizon right now. So any thoughts on which 2009 or early 2010 android might be best?

Thanks. tom

Try the original Droid. It still has by far the most ROMs available. The newer android phones are most "locked down" and not as configurable. You should be able to find one for a decent price these days.

arirang

arirang

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Devices:Motorola Droid

Try the original Droid. It still has by far the most ROMs available. The newer android phones are most "locked down" and not as configurable. You should be able to find one for a decent price these days.

i agree with lisbian but not because i have the droid1...it's your criteria, "cheap used android phone that I can mess with, flash upgrade."

AFAIK, D1 and the N1 are the only STOCK android out of the box--no GUI overlay, no bootlock, etc. this makes them accessible and ideal for the modding community. moreover, because D1 has a 'slower' processor than N1, it will be the cheapest. however, like the omnia, it has a strong mod community that will easily be around for as long as the omnia.

heck, if $$$ was no issue, i'd likely stick with my D1 until battery/charging tech improves--it's the final barrier. higher processor speed and bigger display is meaningless if it makes you anal about battery-drain and OCD for the newest battery tweak/hack.

my 2 cents.

Geek by Trade, Deviant by Nature
Motorola Droid [current]
Samsung Omnia i910 [prior]

tom999

tom999

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:Surfing, Swimming
  • Devices:Omnia i910
Great input! Thanks.

urphonesux

urphonesux

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • Devices:AMDZERO'D out i920!!!!!!!!
i cant even remember how to use the omnia 1 and its the exact same thing as my o2.........well not really
when i change my omnia 1 around for my girl it takes me a second to get used to it again.
She and all of her co workers are completely in love with my old Omnia 1
the last rom i put on it was lyorites lite rom and its been on there ever since then

No problems at all
.................................and my O2 blows the O1 out of the water, and a couple of droids too but thats a different thread

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users