touch alignment problem

Guest jdxx76

Anybody notice that when touching the bottom quarter of the screen, it is not properly aligned?

When I'm browsing the forum topics or even reading the feeds on greader... I notice that when I try to click a link near the bottom quarter of the screen, my touch registers below the area I'm actually touching, thus opening the link below the one I actually touched.

I double checked by looking at the screen sideways to make sure of the point of contact.

Guest lapcchan
<br />Anybody notice that when touching the bottom quarter of the screen, it is not properly aligned?<br /><br />When I'm browsing the forum topics or even reading the feeds on greader... I notice that when I try to click a link near the bottom quarter of the screen, my touch registers below the area I'm actually touching, thus opening the link below the one I actually touched.<br /><br />I double checked by looking at the screen sideways to make sure of the point of contact.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

yes i have the exact problem and was wondering if it's related to hardware or just software problem.

<br /><br /><br />

yes i have the exact problem and was wondering if it's related to hardware or just software problem.

Same here :-(

Usually happens when I restart the phone but once the phone has realised it's running in portrait mode it usually fixes itself. Quite annoying when I revert rom images back and want to setup from a factory restore state.

Guest lapcchan
Same here :-(

Usually happens when I restart the phone but once the phone has realised it's running in portrait mode it usually fixes itself. Quite annoying when I revert rom images back and want to setup from a factory restore state.

are u sure the reset fix your problem? try to download "multi touch paint" from the market.

then draw a line near the bottom of the screen. you'll find it always below where u touch, compare to a line draw across the top of the screen

Guest bobtentpeg

There doesn't seem to be any misalignment on my device -- every touch seems to fall within 2px or so of where it was "dropped". Which, I'm assuming, is well within tolerances for the display

Guest metatron
To be honest I don't see what the problem is, it seems fine to me.

Same here, works exactly as I would expect, lines along all sides, through the middle exactly where I am touching.

Guest necosino
Hey everyone,

Sorry to keep you waiting, but we're still definitely looking this issue. We want everyone to know that if this issue can be solved by a software fix it will be addressed with an over-the-air systems update. If we find this is the result of a hardware issue, it'll be covered by the Nexus One Warranty found here:

http://www.google.com/support/android/bin/...y?answer=166519

Thanks for your patience.

-Ry Guy

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/andr...4258e&hl=en

Guest Shuflie

Got one nice thing out of that link you posted, the warranty information linked in the second official reply. Didn't actually realise that in the EU we have a 2 year warranty :)

EDIT: Can't find anything about 2 Year Warranty offered in the EU from the paperwork supplied by HTC with the phone, I wonder if this will only apply to phones bought under contract with an EU carrier? Or perhaps Google themselves are providing the extra year cover?

Edited by Shuflie

Guest Mantisen
Got one nice thing out of that link you posted, the warranty information linked in the second official reply. Didn't actually realise that in the EU we have a 2 year warranty :)

EDIT: Can't find anything about 2 Year Warranty offered in the EU from the paperwork supplied by HTC with the phone, I wonder if this will only apply to phones bought under contract with an EU carrier? Or perhaps Google themselves are providing the extra year cover?

Well Im not sure about how the laws are in the rest of Europe but Id figure they are about the same as in Sweden, and here we have a 2 year product warranty by law. I haven't checked if this is applicable to imported goods (from outside the EU) but can check with a lawyer friend to see what she says and get back with an answer. :)

Guest Shuflie
Well Im not sure about how the laws are in the rest of Europe but Id figure they are about the same as in Sweden, and here we have a 2 year product warranty by law. I haven't checked if this is applicable to imported goods (from outside the EU) but can check with a lawyer friend to see what she says and get back with an answer. :)

I don't think we have the same laws in the UK, at least I haven't heard of anything like that unless there is some sort of general EU ruling that I've not heard off. If its the case that we don't actually have the same protection then I'd imagine that anyone buying through the UK and getting a friend to send the phone to them then UK law would apply as that was the point of entry into the EU as far as Google are concerned. Something to bear in mind for early adopters.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been considering buying an N1 but this issue is what's putting me off.

Whilst it obviously doesn't affect everyone, for those it does affect it appears to be highly frustrating, rendering the phone almost unusable in some cases.

Some people have said that the issue has disappeared after the OTA update too, while others say it has made no difference.

As I can't tell how many people on this forum own an N1, can everyone who does please share their experiences (good or bad) with this?

Guest metatron
As I can't tell how many people on this forum own an N1, can everyone who does please share their experiences (good or bad) with this?

I have had no issues with the phone whatsoever pre and post update no matter what ROM I have put on it. I couldn't recommend the phone enough. YMMV.

Guest surfsmurf

I have this too. It's not a huge issue though.

But I'm wondering if those of you without the problem still have to press the softtouch buttons in their top half like I do?

I wanted to say I have this issue, and it is real annoying. Doesn't happen too often, but still a bummer.

No idea if the ERE27 will fix it. I hope so.

No, it didn't fix the problem to me. I always have some time this problem. By simply putting it in stand by with power button and resuming it, solves the problem...for a while.

i only notice it when i go into a text in portrait mode i click in the space to type and it doesnt work always

i have updated to ere27

Idd have the same, you just have to tap a little higher.

No big deal but it shouldn't be.