T-mobile UK stores; worst customer service EVER

Guest glossywhite

Guest glossywhite

I found out that my Pulse had a faulty handsfree headset, and so I took it into the Kettering T-mobile store (having been as good as verbally abused down the phone to them on Weds, when I reminded them that statutory rights are never compromised, having had the "manager" tell me that T-mob's "7 day policy" overrides British law!) and I was faced with the most predictable line of BS I have ever had to encounter from these brainwashed individuals.

I had only bought the Pulse on the 19th Dec 2009, and T-mob seem to deem 7 days a satisfactory period within which to return a phone, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER OR NOT IT IS FAULTY. I was given so much crap by the guy and woman in there, even though I kept my head (hard to do in this scenario), where the guy kept aping the same tired old "7 day policy" BS to me until I was at screaming point!. I even had a folder full of consumer rights and trading standards documents with me, but they REALLY did not want to know; I have never been so angry but also full of utter contempt, in my entire life.

I was told, in not so many words, that the fault was not an issue for them to deal with, and i have to send it back to Huawei to have it repaired, EVEN THOUGH IT IS LESS THAN 28 DAYS OLD, and the headset has a fault. They were basically telling me there was no contract between T-mobile and myself, even thought any sale in ANY shop is a contract between buyer and seller - man, they must be stupid as *_*_*!.

Lesson learned here - regardless of the priceplan, handset, amazing "deal" you're offered, or any other shallow lure to entice you into their sh*tty, unethical customer base, DO NOT GO NEAR T-MOBILE - THEY ARE COMPLETE AND UTTER MORONIC CHIMPS, and woe betide anyone who has, as I did, a genuine complaint - faulty goods, they stonewall you and I can assure you that these people assume they're above the law of the land, and that consumer rights are null and void when it comes to the writing of their "policies".

Keep away - SCUM - you've been warned (Google for more horror stories) or look at this FB page:

facebook morons

Edited by glossywhite

I found out that my Pulse had a faulty handsfree headset, and so I took it into the Kettering T-mobile store (having been as good as verbally abused down the phone to them on Weds, when I reminded them that statutory rights are never compromised, having had the "manager" tell me that T-mob's "7 day policy" overrides British law!) and I was faced with the most predictable line of BS I have ever had to encounter from these brainwashed individuals.

I had only bought the Pulse on the 19th Dec 2009, and T-mob seem to deem 7 days a satisfactory period within which to return a phone, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER OR NOT IT IS FAULTY. I was given so much crap by the guy and woman in there, even though I kept my head (hard to do in this scenario), where the guy kept aping the same tired old "7 day policy" BS to me until I was at screaming point!. I even had a folder full of consumer rights and trading standards documents with me, but they REALLY did not want to know; I have never been so angry but also full of utter contempt, in my entire life.

I was told, in not so many words, that the fault was not an issue for them to deal with, and i have to send it back to Huawei to have it repaired, EVEN THOUGH IT IS LESS THAN 28 DAYS OLD, and the headset has a fault. They were basically telling me there was no contract between T-mobile and myself, even thought any sale in ANY shop is a contract between buyer and seller - man, they must be stupid as *_*_*!.

Lesson learned here - regardless of the priceplan, handset, amazing "deal" you're offered, or any other shallow lure to entice you into their sh*tty, unethical customer base, DO NOT GO NEAR T-MOBILE - THEY ARE COMPLETE AND UTTER MORONIC CHIMPS, and woe betide anyone who has, as I did, a genuine complaint - faulty goods, they stonewall you and I can assure you that these people assume they're above the law of the land, and that consumer rights are null and void when it comes to the writing of their "policies".

Keep away - SCUM - you've been warned (Google for more horror stories) or look at this FB page:

facebook morons

Ask for a formal complaints form and address of Central offices ... but it is maddening, I concur.

I agree that it is maddening, but I can assure you that they're not all like that.

I have had very few problems with T in the 6 years I've been with them now, and any that I do have are quickly resolved with the utmost professionalism from the support.

For the last year, I will admit I've found everything much easier. Started working in a shopping centre with a T shop in it, and got to know the guys who work there, inc the manager, so any problems I just go bug them about it.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Nitro Fan
I agree that it is maddening, but I can assure you that they're not all like that.

I have had very few problems with T in the 6 years I've been with them now, and any that I do have are quickly resolved with the utmost professionalism from the support.

For the last year, I will admit I've found everything much easier. Started working in a shopping centre with a T shop in it, and got to know the guys who work there, inc the manager, so any problems I just go bug them about it.

I concur get a complaints form.

I joined T-Mobile 4 years ago after I got fed up with Vodafone's evasive customer service and in my opinion, down right misleading pricing policy at that time.

All has been fine with T-Mobile and I have always found their customer services some of the best I had ever encountered helpful and well informed (I have been using mobile telephones since 1989 so I have been a customer of most of them in my time!).....................

Until about 8 months ago, when the lovely helpful UK ladies and gents on their help desk were replaced with some dodgy off shore call center, where the recruiting policy insists upon English being only a third or fourth language at best and they put their international charges UP rather than down like Vodafraud.

But the worst part is I am sick of spelling out the words of my name in a phonetic manner just to ask a simple question like "Will T-Mobile be stocking the Nexus one in the UK and when" I got so frustrated with the inability of the operator to do anything except say all our phones are on the website I actually put the phone down on them something I think is the height of rudeness but shows how frustrated I had become, anything more complicated is not worth attempting so I don't bother anymore.

I don,t know what has gone wrong at T-Mo but is is not good.

Given that Vodafraud seem to be taking the Nexus I have to bite the bullet and rejoin them in June perhaps they have got a bit more honest about what is actually included in your plan and will now include Vat in the prices they quote you etc etc or buy one outright and just get a good SIM only deal

Guest Jonnyw2k
I concur get a complaints form.

I joined T-Mobile 4 years ago after I got fed up with Vodafone's evasive customer service and in my opinion, down right misleading pricing policy at that time.

All has been fine with T-Mobile and I have always found their customer services some of the best I had ever encountered helpful and well informed (I have been using mobile telephones since 1989 so I have been a customer of most of them in my time!).....................

Until about 8 months ago, when the lovely helpful UK ladies and gents on their help desk were replaced with some dodgy off shore call center, where the recruiting policy insists upon English being only a third or fourth language at best and they put their international charges UP rather than down like Vodafraud.

But the worst part is I am sick of spelling out the words of my name in a phonetic manner just to ask a simple question like "Will T-Mobile be stocking the Nexus one in the UK and when" I got so frustrated with the inability of the operator to do anything except say all our phones are on the website I actually put the phone down on them something I think is the height of rudeness but shows how frustrated I had become, anything more complicated is not worth attempting so I don't bother anymore.

I don,t know what has gone wrong at T-Mo but is is not good.

Given that Vodafraud seem to be taking the Nexus I have to bite the bullet and rejoin them in June perhaps they have got a bit more honest about what is actually included in your plan and will now include Vat in the prices they quote you etc etc or buy one outright and just get a good SIM only deal

Never had a problem with T-Mobile, although they did cold call me the other week (due for upgrade next month) and the person that rang me sounded english, so I might wait for them to ring me again when the HTC Bravo is out and see if i can haggle with him(Already owning a Nexus One should be a nice starting point for the haggle)