[ROM] WM 6.5.3 i8000_28205 Ultra-Lite ROM (Eng)

Guest KSTAN

Version 2 updated in 1st post,

Kept - Chome, auto-sim settings, sip language input.

Changed - enabled large indicator.

removed - Adobe reader, smart memo, smart convertor.

Guest Apolousm

Eyyy... good ROM, really there's a lot of ROM to choose. I flashed it on my OMNIA, your's and SONBLACK's ROMs goes by the hands, really good ROMS. The only problem I see in your's (Kstan) is the way how Windows handles pictures for wallpapers, it would be better if you keep the samsung's photos handler, can it be done? thanks in advance. Great job bro.

Edited by Apolousm

great rom! that's what i've been looking for long time ! than u very much KSTAN :)

edit: i noticed there is the issue with overlapping of resco explorer buttom bar :) i hope we will see more and more of your great work! :)

Edited by dzynio

Excellent - the best custom ROM so far, version #1 was lacking, this one especcialy with Tachhan skins is excellent!

Guest tacchan23
great rom! that's what i've been looking for long time ! than u very much KSTAN :)

edit: i noticed there is the issue with overlapping of resco explorer buttom bar :) i hope we will see more and more of your great work! :)

Install Showcase to fix the resco explorer position

Install Showcase to fix the resco explorer position

i have installed showcase from the beginning and still i have this problem, but this isnt big trouble for me :)

It's perfect combination of what is the best from Windows and Samsung apps.

Plese DO NOT include Showcase task manager, it sucks.

Anyone who likes it can install it on his own - that's why we all love lite roms (not naked) - freedom of choice.

i have installed showcase from the beginning and still i have this problem, but this isnt big trouble for me :)

i have try it sometime back, didn't like it :)

It's perfect combination of what is the best from Windows and Samsung apps.

Plese DO NOT include Showcase task manager, it sucks.

Anyone who likes it can install it on his own - that's why we all love lite roms (not naked) - freedom of choice.

thanks

Guest alexisk

While tapping on titanium clock, i got "The file 'tclock' cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with trusted certificate, or.......

anyone know how to resolve this?

Thanks

While tapping on titanium clock, i got "The file 'tclock' cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with trusted certificate, or.......

anyone know how to resolve this?

Thanks

Hi, tclock has been removed from this ROM. i have post the cab in 2nd post.

Guest tacchan23

do you have the old showcase version or the updated version for wm 6.5.x with position fix?

Hi, tclock has been removed from this ROM. i have post the cab in 2nd post.

You can modify Windows Default home screen to restore CClock instead of SClock to go to standard WinMo clock & alarm settings

do you have the old showcase version or the updated version for wm 6.5.x with position fix?

the new showcase taskmanager v.1.1.0 causes the phone crash on booting when WM lock is enabled, it happens on every single 6.5.x ROMs that i tried. dont know if its just me.

Guest tacchan23
the new showcase taskmanager v.1.1.0 causes the phone crash on booting when WM lock is enabled, it happens on every single 6.5.x ROMs that i tried. dont know if its just me.

On Khuanchai rom too? I don't know couse I've never used the WM lock^^

On Khuanchai rom too? I don't know couse I've never used the WM lock^^

yes, on KC's ROMs too. thought was something else that i installed, but it is the showcase taskmanager. maybe its just me. any feed backs?

Guest AndrewTan
yes, on KC's ROMs too. thought was something else that i installed, but it is the showcase taskmanager. maybe its just me. any feed backs?

KC ROM (recent one) already pre-install Showcase Taskmanager, what the point to re-install?

KC ROM (recent one) already pre-install Showcase Taskmanager, what the point to re-install?

i knew that. FYI, the point is the showcase causes phone crash. have u tried to enable WM lock then reboot ur phone? plz post result back. thanks

Guest lucienium

Hi!

I think this is an excellent ROM. I agree with the applications you have removed, especially those we barely use anyway (I think it's silly for us to have Windows Live AND MyPhone when those who will use either won't be needing both, hahaha!).

I was wondering when the next iteration will be cooked and whether or not it will be based on Windows Mobile 6.5.5 or whatever the latest base ROM is at that time? I think there's a way to patch the timebombed Office 2010. If that's not the case, however, maybe we can instead base the rom on whatever the latest Windows Mobile 6.5 ROM is (instead of Windows Mobile 6.5.x)

I have a few requests requests, by the way. I hope I'm not asking for too much.

1.) I know you provided the CAB for TClock but I was still wondering if it's possible to keep TCalendar and TClock as they are the default applications the default home panels point to? I think it's great that Samsung was able to improve the default calendar and clock applications and what's even better is how Samsung has integrated their Touch Calendar with Windows Mobile's default calendar database allowing ActiveSync to interact with it. I doubt they are costing us a lot of ROM space anyway and I don't think they are RAM hungry either.

2.) Since we are experiencing problems with the Samsung dialer when using Windows Mobile 6.5.x, maybe it's more appropriate for your next masterpiece to just have the WM dialer by default and just provide a CAB for the dialer for those who want to keep it. I'm sure a lot of us would prefer to use third party dialers though. Or if you'd consider the standard Windows Mobile 6.5, how 'bout keeping the Samsung Audio Recorder, which I think is what the Samsung Dialer's record button uses (I'm probably wrong about this, hahaha!)

3.) No third part task managers please, even the Samsung one. I think the default Windows Mobile task manager is fine and it pops up in a snap.

Thanks again and I'm looking forward to your next creation. :-D

Guest AndrewTan

:)

i knew that. FYI, the point is the showcase causes phone crash. have u tried to enable WM lock then reboot ur phone? plz post result back. thanks

WM lock is default on, no issue on reboot the phone.

If you are using 6.5.5, stop using the outlook email and using Samsung SMS-MMS will solving unknown hanging issue.

Also remember remove the poutlook.exe from startup folder to prevent it auto load.

Guest AndrewTan
Hi!

I think this is an excellent ROM. I agree with the applications you have removed, especially those we barely use anyway (I think it's silly for us to have Windows Live AND MyPhone when those who will use either won't be needing both, hahaha!).

I was wondering when the next iteration will be cooked and whether or not it will be based on Windows Mobile 6.5.5 or whatever the latest base ROM is at that time? I think there's a way to patch the timebombed Office 2010. If that's not the case, however, maybe we can instead base the rom on whatever the latest Windows Mobile 6.5 ROM is (instead of Windows Mobile 6.5.x)

I have a few requests requests, by the way. I hope I'm not asking for too much.

1.) I know you provided the CAB for TClock but I was still wondering if it's possible to keep TCalendar and TClock as they are the default applications the default home panels point to? I think it's great that Samsung was able to improve the default calendar and clock applications and what's even better is how Samsung has integrated their Touch Calendar with Windows Mobile's default calendar database allowing ActiveSync to interact with it. I doubt they are costing us a lot of ROM space anyway and I don't think they are RAM hungry either.

2.) Since we are experiencing problems with the Samsung dialer when using Windows Mobile 6.5.x, maybe it's more appropriate for your next masterpiece to just have the WM dialer by default and just provide a CAB for the dialer for those who want to keep it. I'm sure a lot of us would prefer to use third party dialers though. Or if you'd consider the standard Windows Mobile 6.5, how 'bout keeping the Samsung Audio Recorder, which I think is what the Samsung Dialer's record button uses (I'm probably wrong about this, hahaha!)

3.) No third part task managers please, even the Samsung one. I think the default Windows Mobile task manager is fine and it pops up in a snap.

Thanks again and I'm looking forward to your next creation. :-D

- Samsund Dialer temp solution - disable (hide) the scroll bar. Highly recommended remain as original WM dialer is crap, not responsive and no video call. If possible, I like the HTC HD2 Dialer & Message apps, it is cool.

- Showcase is the best task manager so far.

** Above is just my opinion, no offense in any term.

:)

WM lock is default on, no issue on reboot the phone.

If you are using 6.5.5, stop using the outlook email and using Samsung SMS-MMS will solving unknown hanging issue.

Also remember remove the poutlook.exe from startup folder to prevent it auto load.

have u enabled passward as well? i know it'll lock up even without setting passward. can u try that and let me know? thanks