Confirmed - Huawei planning update to Android 2.0 for Pulse

Guest le_lutin

Got a mail from T-Mobile UK, does not say it won't happen at least

Thanks for your email ****, asking me when will the particular ROM software be updated. I'll certainly advise you.

I'm sorry to tell you that it is not possible to give any accurate time frame as to when the software you're looking will be updated.

However, once this software is available with us it will be updated through online.

For any further queries please reply with your alternate contact number and the best time to call you

Got a mail from T-Mobile UK, does not say it won't happen at least

true, but it look like a generic software related response. the guy might not have ven checked on the status of pulse updates. so really its not saying anything. no time frame or any reference on what state of production/validation it is. a kind of: "it will be available if and when it ever gets done. and when it is done, go and check our site.

Guest rob_turner_uk

Just got this email:

dear customer thank you for your appreciation to our u8220,but  i am sorry the upgrade software for android 2.0 has not been released,our researching members are still working on it ,and i ill give a feedback to them,may be after a few months,the software will be available. sorry about it,

cross-post:

According to T-mobile in Holland the 2.0 update for the Pulse is coming at the end of march :)

[q]Harvey woensdag, 13 januari 2010 10:42MODERATOR

G1 update: eind januari

G2 update: eind maart

T-Mobile Pulse update: eind maart

Dit alles onder voorbehoud uiteraard![/q]

This is posted on the closed (members only) Tmobile forum, and the moderator says this date is provisional

Guest Richard_Arkless

one thing which I dont understand, why do they need approvel from tmobile to be allowed to release 2.0, its stupid, huawei made the phone so they should choose when and if they release firmware 2.0 for it or not

Edited by Richard_Arkless

one thing which I dont understand, why do they need approvel from tmobile to be allowed to release 2.0, its stupid, huawei made the phone so they should choose when and if they release firmware 2.0 for it or not

Well they'll be able to do the 2.0 update, but just not release it specifically for the T-Mobile Pulse.

Guest Richard_Arkless
Well they'll be able to do the 2.0 update, but just not release it specifically for the T-Mobile Pulse.

so will it work on the pulse and if not how much difference is there between the u8220 to the pulse, aint they the same phone with the same hardware

also if they dont release it for the pulse, cant they release it to the u8230 and have paul do his work on it

so will it work on the pulse and if not how much difference is there between the u8220 to the pulse, aint they the same phone with the same hardware

also if they dont release it for the pulse, cant they release it to the u8230 and have paul do his work on it

Possibly, I imagine if they do release it, even if T-Mob don't go for it there'll be something, at the minimum the kernel source that could be worked into a ROM.

Just got this email, seems a little more definite than some answers, and the fact it's from the Euro team bodes well:

We have not plan to update the rom 1.6 and we will direct update the rom to 2.0 and 2.1.

The ROM 2.0 will be released before April on actual schedule.

But at the same time the version need also get T-Mobile's approved. So we think you will can get the information from T-Mobile website when the new firmware released. Many thanks.

Best regards!

Huawei Terminal Service - European Service Team

Can't wait!

Guest robot1000
Just got this email, seems a little more definite than some answers, and the fact it's from the Euro team bodes well:

Can't wait!

So it look like it's definitely happening then!

April feels so far away!

Edited by robot1000

Guest Richard_Arkless
So it look like it's definitely happening then!

April feels so far away!

lol be grateful lol its better than no update lol

Guest robot1000
Will 2.0 have video calling? Seems a shame to let the front camera go to waste

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but that 'front camera' is in fact a light sensor :)

Edited by robot1000

Guest meinnit
I'm sorry to disappoint you, but that 'front camera' is in fact a light sensor :)

It's a camera. I have managed to switch it on through the camera app I think