Google Earth Missing??!!

Guest cezent

Hi guys, just realized that Google Earth is not there on my N1, does anybody else have the same issue? I only actually realize that after seeing a google demo video on youtube and realize the app is not there in my phone and cant be found on market either...

Guest Mantisen
Hi guys, just realized that Google Earth is not there on my N1, does anybody else have the same issue? I only actually realize that after seeing a google demo video on youtube and realize the app is not there in my phone and cant be found on market either...

Haha, now that you mention it I can't find it either (and I know I saw a vid of it somewhere). Have you rooted and installed MCR (perhaps it's removed in MCR)?

Haha, now that you mention it I can't find it either (and I know I saw a vid of it somewhere). Have you rooted and installed MCR (perhaps it's removed in MCR)?

Nope, I m still playing with the unrooted stock ROM, its definitely not there, neither is Google Voice, cant be found anywhere among the apps.

Google made it very clear at launch that the Google Earth App was a demo and wont be a round for a while to come.... Google Voice and Nav are stateside only and Picasa sync just fails on my device full stop! :-)

Guest Chris Jenx
Google made it very clear at launch that the Google Earth App was a demo and wont be a round for a while to come.... Google Voice and Nav are stateside only and Picasa sync just fails on my device full stop! :-)

I thought there was nav enabler for the UK. whether it works on the Nexus yet i dont know, Google Earth was a demo, but I will probably be released for the Nexus first as thats probably what there developing it on...

Guest Mantisen

Totally missed that it was a demo :) but picasa sync works great for me and I can use Google maps to give me descriptions of the best route (albeit not turn by turn :)).

Totally missed that it was a demo :) but picasa sync works great for me and I can use Google maps to give me descriptions of the best route (albeit not turn by turn :)).

Yeah Google maps has given directions for quite a while now, and they added public transport to it last year if I remember rightly, hopefully Navigation will become available worldwide soon enough, Voice sounds pretty interesting too.

I'm wondering if I have trouble syncing with Picasa as I have 17GB of photos stored with it? but there doesn't seem to be an answer to it at the mo.

Guest Amdathlonuk
I thought there was nav enabler for the UK. whether it works on the Nexus yet i dont know, Google Earth was a demo, but I will probably be released for the Nexus first as thats probably what there developing it on...

Yep, Google Nav works for me, I've got it working fine....

arh yes, realized now that google earth is not released yet.

I can see google voice in the list of app installed, but cannot launch it. I wonder when google voice becomes available in UK, will the app automatically show up? so is google nav....

arh yes, realized now that google earth is not released yet.

I can see google voice in the list of app installed, but cannot launch it. I wonder when google voice becomes available in UK, will the app automatically show up? so is google nav....

you can initiate Google Nav through the shortcuts on the home screen, and adding directions, this will then create a shortcut on your home screen, pressing that will launch Google Nav, but it will be unable to give you the directions....

I wonder when any of these services do made available in UK, will those icons automatically appear in launcher...

and also, when they release the European version with multitouch, if we upgrade the current phone with the OTA updates, will we actually be changed to European version of N1? lots of unanswered questions, only because N1 is a great phone :)