With this application you can do the following:
1. Dump (or as some other people prefer to call it Decompile, Extract files from) the rom file. The rom file can be in the format of '.bin' (rom_dump.bin - dump from the phone with Sorg's application), '.nb' or '.nb0' files.
2. Dump (Extract files from) a selected CSC from the multi-CSC file.
3. Re-build a CSC file based on the previously extracted CSC file
4. Modify dumped rom. Delete files from OEM or SYS folders and save a log of deleted files which can be reused for next rom versions.
- Edit registry, provxml and other files with external applications (text, hex editor, registry editor etc) that can be launched from this application.
- Add your own packages to the OEM folder (you have to do it manually) but they will be included in BuildOS.
5. Build new rom based on a current sys version or ported any other version of WM.
In the build you can:
- use LZX compression of IMGFS
- provide some protection to your rom against dumping it, by converting all packages to one
- port new version of WM
- change the Page Pool
- can disable check for Certificate and File Signing so the applications that you add to the rom can start without any notifications
6. Rom Beta expiry date (Timebomb) patch
I have attached to this post also steps needed for Reallocation of modules manually, just in case there are problems with automatic reallocation.
If you find any problems please post some details (or PM me) not just saying "it's not working" I will try to fix it.
And the last note as usual - USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK!
- Added an option to change PDA version in nb0 file.
- 20/01/10 Version 1.2Beta added - fixed some bugs, changed messages. Now, when there is an error during building it should stop building and have a message that build failed. There are some functions disabled (for porting new OS xip) until I have a chance to fully tested. Replace romTool.exe with the one from the archive.
27/02/10 Version 1.8 Replace the file romTool.exe
- added an option to change Page Pool value. Some information about Page Pool can be found here: http://msdn.microsof...y/aa915315.aspx
or here http://blogs.msdn.co.../17/494177.aspx
6/03/10 Version 2.0 Full kitchen in the archive, but you can only replace romTool.exe if you wish.
This will be the last version that I release unless I find some major bugs.
- changed the layout of dump and build tabs. I reduced number of options to select.
- added an option to Disable for checking for signed files and certificates so you can load unsigned files even during boot - thanks to information from cmonex from xda-developers website.
7/03/10 Version 2.0.1 - bug fixed. Replace romTool.exe
- fixed the problem when "Patch - Disable File Signing/Certificate checking" is selected and "Change Page Pool" was not selected, it came with an error "Invalid new page pool value".
- added, displaying messages when page pool value is changed and path for disabling file signing is applied.
7/03/10 Version 2.0.2 - a small bug fixed
- I found a small bug with 'Patch - Disable File Signing/Certificate checking' checkbox. If you selected it and then de-selected it the program still thought that the checkbox was selected.
8/03/10 Version 2.0.3 - bug fixed
- Fixed a bug where new xip.bin was not inserted into the new PDA if only 'Page Pool change' was selected and not porting new OS xip.
- Change the number of characters that can be used for PDA version. Before it was fixed at 11 characters.
- One more note, not a software bug, but settings in EXTReloc. To fix the problem with running Samsung Kies (and maybe some other issues that we haven't found yet) when using EXTReloc you have to change some settings:
1. When EXTReloc starts go to Tab "Options"
2. Select "Use packages.cif for reloc of IMGFS"
3. Select "Use flag L for IMGFS"
4. Press "Save". Settings will be saved.
5. Do reallocation of XIP/IMGFS as usual
27/03/10 Version 2.1.0 - replace romTool.exe with the one from the archive, copy All_packages_to_one.exe to Tools folders.
- At a request from sinancetinkaya I added an option to convert All Packages to One when building rom. It gives some protection to the rom from dumping.
- Changed naming of xip folders. XipOrg should be renamed to XIP, and xipNewOS_xxxx should be renamed to XIP_xxxx, where xxxx is the number/text used in corresponding SYS_xxxx folder.
*** Rename XipOrg folder to XIP folder (in _Template\XipTools\ and in any rom XipTools\ folder)
*** Rename any XipNewOs_xxxx folders to XIP_xxxx folders (in _Template\XipTools\ and in any rom XipTools\ folder)
- Added an option to delete one more module from xip - mencfilt.dll (used for encryption of SD card).
31/03/10 Version 2.2.0. Copy the files to correct folders in your kitchen
- At a request from sinancetinkaya I added an option to use LZX compression of Imgfs.bin when building rom. He tested it, so if there are any problems please direct any questions to him.
To use this option:
--- copy contents of \ROM folder to the \ROM folder in _Template folder and any other rom folders that you have. The files that are in this folder will be created when you dump the rom but if you are using already dumped rom you need to have a file imgfsLZX.src in \ROM folder.
--- copy (backup existing) cecompr_nt.dll from \TOOLS folder into all your \TOOLS folders. It is used for LZX compression by imgfsFromDump.exe.
--- copy \LZX folder in XipTools to all your XipTools folders. In this folder there is a cecompr.dll module that replaces original ones in your xip
- Added an option to automatically run reallocation of modules. Extreloc screen still opens so you can see the progress but there is no need for pressing any buttons (pressing any can cause some problems with the application "lock up")
- Added in Setting tab, an option to set default status for "Manual/Auto Reallocation" and "All Packages to One" options. Also, added a button to Start ExtReloc.exe to review/change settings.
- Added correct header to built CSC file so it displays correct information when loaded to Octans.
1/04/10 Version 2.2.1 Replace romTool.exe
- Fixed the problem that can occur during Reallocation in a certain conditions - ExtReloc could close while still reallocating imgfs modules.
2/04/10 Version 2.2.2 Replace romTool.exe
As requested by Sonblack I added:
- 'Delete Temp' button in Build tab to delete temp folder with all the files created by BuilOs. Normally this folder is deleted prior to building new rom, but if you want to 'clean' you folders you can delete it after your rom is built.
- Added patch of 'Timebomb' (rom Beta expiry date in some roms) in shell32.exe. Thanks, Ryrzy for information.
- To make rom Beta patching complete I also delete registry keys with 'Beta' in shell folder.
All this is done automatically.
- Also added some information that is displayed when you change to the Build Tab, change the Rom or Sys version. It displays the current information about "Timebomb", Page Pool and Certificate Patch. It looks like this:
*** TIMEBOMB already Patched in \shell\shell32.exe
*** BETA keys not Found in 1f1aca24-d942-464a-9281-10567741499c.rgu
*** Certificate, File Signing Security check already Patched
*** Page Pool change Lock already Patched
*** Page Pool Current Value = 8
Test Csc Backup application, (modified Samsung application to backup csc on your phone) added.
I did some more modifications since this morning and currently the whole csc file can be extracted as one file with correct header. The files can then be extracted from this CSC using my application.
I will have to modify my application to build the file with the proper 'footer' (end of csc file which has to be added). I am not sure how many people are there who still have original csc file on the phone and want to back it up, but I thought I try to make it work.
If anybody would like to try/test it and let me know if it works it would be good.
How to do it:
1. Extract the archive on you PC and copy the folder csc_bak on your Main Storage (don't put on SD or "My Storage"!).
2. Run cscGetFiles.exe from you file exporer on the phone. It doesn't give you any information that is has completed but you can check the content of the csc_bak folder and BACKUP.CSC file should be there.
The csc file, BACKUP.CSC will be created in the csc_bak folder on your Main Storage. The CSC_bak folder has to be created on main Storage.
3. After that you can extract files using my application and you will see if all the files are there.
11/04/10 Version 2.2.3. Fixed build of csc files.
- fixed bug with build of CSC files - loosing csc binaries (images for charging, rom download...)
- added an option to change csc version (update in csc file and in CSCConfig.reg in the csc file), and csc pda version.
18/04/10 Version 2.2.4. Added an option to use imgfsFromDump TURBO. NOTE: Version 2.0 has all necessary files/folders for application to work. Extract this first than overwrite with new files.
- In Settings tab set 'Use imgfsFromDump Turbo' if you want to have it as deafult.
- You can still use previous version of ImgfsFromDump.exe (if you have problems with the rom) if you leave 'Use ImgfsFromDump Turbo' not checked.
- Copy imgfsFromDumpTurbo.exe to your Tools folders.
- If you find newer version on xda-developers, rename it to imgfsFromDumpTurbo.exe and copy to your Tools folder
Edit: 19/07/10 Fixed a bug that enrico988 found. Attached fixed version romTool2.2.4 fixed.rar
9/05/10 Version 3.0 Archive with all files and folders need attached.
- Dump tab added an option to modify PDA file (.nb0, .bin or .nb) without dumping the file. Page pool value and security patch can be changed.
- Build tab added an option to change PDA version of the rom
- 'EXT_OEM packages' tab added. You can place your own OEM packages in the EXT_OEM folder and select which ones you want to use with your current build.
- Xip.bin can be build when porting new OS, and when xip.bin for new OS is not available but only having MSXIPKernel folders with xip files.
NOTE: copy buildxip.exe into your 'xipTools' folders for this option to work.
11/05/10 Version 3.0.1 Small bug fixed. Download first version 3.0 and then eplace romTool.exe from the archive.
- A bug fixed in 'Dump' tab (thanks twu2 for finding it). Page Pool value was not changed when changing page pool of existing .nb0 file that had page pool already patched.
NOTE: File CABARC.EXE is missing from the Tools folder in version 3.0 archive. Download it here, and extract the file to Tools folders.
I should thank the authors of the tools that made cooking of roms possible. Authors of osnbtool, buildOs, imgfsFromDump, pkgTool, dump, XIPport, EXTReloc.
Edited by wes58, 16 May 2010 - 12:47 AM.