706 replies to this topic

wes58

wes58

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • Devices:I900

pkgtool stopped working here also. Using Windows XP, net framework 2.0, 3.0, 3.5 installed, Visual C++ redist 2005 and 2008 installed too.
I do some experiments. If you make imgfs dump to modules, then run pkgtool manually, its working fine. What is the problem?

The only reason I can think of is, if the path is not set correctly (by my application) to the dump folder where imgfs.bin was dumped.

The strange thing is that I tried today a few time on Windows 7 and XP and I didn't have a problem. I flashed to different roms on the phone modified latest from Secany and ported 6.5.5 and they both work. I will have to do more testing, but I am not sure how because it works for me. 

Can you try attached file it should display some messages before it starts pkgTool.exe. You should see something like this "1. Path >>", "2. Par >>" and "3. Exe >> ". If you could write down what text was in those lines.

Attached Files

If you find this Application useful, you can buy me a glass of wine

Posted Image

Samsung Omnia II GT-I8000

pmomq

pmomq

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

The only reason I can think of is, if the path is not set correctly (by my application) to the dump folder where imgfs.bin was dumped.

The strange thing is that I tried today a few time on Windows 7 and XP and I didn't have a problem. I flashed to different roms on the phone modified latest from Secany and ported 6.5.5 and they both work. I will have to do more testing, but I am not sure how because it works for me.

Can you try attached file it should display some messages before it starts pkgTool.exe. You should see something like this "1. Path >>", "2. Par >>" and "3. Exe >> ". If you could write down what text was in those lines.

I found this is the main problem:
When the Dump ROM is progressing, there is an errer notify windows (pkgtool.exe meeting an error to exit. We are sorry to ...) .
I close the errer windows ,
After Dump ROM is finished,
I found there is a dump folder where a folder(name: .ROM) and a file(name:88f892ce-7f79-4718-bfc0-388c86c721a7.dsm) existed.
Only the .ROM folder and .DSM file not moved to the SYS folder.
After I moved the .ROM foler and the .DSM file to the SYS folder manually,Then run Build Rom again,everything is OK.

Attached File  1.jpg   194.24KB   78 downloads

If I make imgfs dump to modules, then run pkgtool manually. There is the runing log: (PKGTool.exe doesn't work fine)

[Core OS]
Windows Mobile-based Pocket PCs

[Versions]
SYS: 5.2.21883.5073
SYS: 5.2.0.5073
OEM: 5.2.0.5073
NET: 2.0.7045.0

[Language]
0804 - Chinese (People's Republic of China)

[DPI]

[Certificates]
CN=Microsoft Windows Mobile PCA, O=Microsoft Corporation, L=Redmond, S=Washington, C=US
CN=Samsung Electronics Co. CA - Samsung Root

[Missing Manifests]
45116509-e364-4775-9098-c25f0b1fbac2.dsm
d92a4f0a-378a-4482-8fd3-bd127a05e4de.dsm
73b84140-9d9d-3ed2-f5a5-3ddae45a1c85.dsm
723fb954-d931-4348-b672-82a188e587b5.dsm
3c0e4a75-7ea3-49cf-84e6-57285dc2a07f.dsm
f924d38b-0419-deaa-f151-ed8f0d511a07.dsm

Edited by pmomq, 21 January 2010 - 01:54 PM.

kaplex

kaplex

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Wes, did you try to connect activesync on ur win7 after flashing? i did use your latest tool 1.2beta on another machine(winXP). just try dump and rebuild without making changes and give no error. but the same simdrom happen again...

Anyway your csc tool works like a charm. i'm using it to insert samsung today and dont need to reinstall it after flashing. congratz wes58..

Edited by kaplex, 21 January 2010 - 02:03 PM.

bmarko82

bmarko82

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Devices:Samsung i900 Omnia

Here is the results:

1. Path >> K:\i8000kitchen
2. Par >> dump
3. Exe >> tools\pkgtool.exe

wes58

wes58

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Wes, did you try to connect activesync on ur win7 after flashing? i did use your latest tool 1.2beta on another machine(winXP). just try dump and rebuild without making changes and give no error. but the same simdrom happen again...

Anyway your csc tool works like a charm. i'm using it to insert samsung today and dont need to reinstall it after flashing. congratz wes58..

Yes I did use active sync and it works fine. That's what is strange, because to dump or build the rom, most of the work is done using the standard tools that are used to dump/build manually. I just move files in the correct places and split/combine files to get the final result. 

So in your case, just dumping and building the rom I use, osnbtool, imfstodumpxxx, pkgtool and then to build buildos, (extreloc), imgfsfromdump then combine the files and correct checksum and size and that's it. I don't change anything in the files except for imageinfo.bin in sys\.rom folder. Maybe this file is the problem? Just another question for you. Do you have the same problem with pkgtool where it comes with an error (windows message)?

I will do more testing on the weekend, but not sure what else I can try. Thanks for having patience and trying. 

Posted Image

wes58

wes58

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Here is the results:

1. Path >> K:\i8000kitchen
2. Par >> dump
3. Exe >> tools\pkgtool.exe

Thanks, but that's is strange because everything looks like it should be. As I wrote in the post above I will do some more testing.

Posted Image

keduo

keduo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:SAMSUNG Omnia 2
  • Twitter:@keduo
Thanks wes58, you are great.

kaplex

kaplex

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Yes I did use active sync and it works fine. That's what is strange, because to dump or build the rom, most of the work is done using the standard tools that are used to dump/build manually. I just move files in the correct places and split/combine files to get the final result. 
So in your case, just dumping and building the rom I use, osnbtool, imfstodumpxxx, pkgtool and then to build buildos, (extreloc), imgfsfromdump then combine the files and correct checksum and size and that's it. I don't change anything in the files except for imageinfo.bin in sys\.rom folder. Maybe this file is the problem? Just another question for you. Do you have the same problem with pkgtool where it comes with an error (windows message)?

I will do more testing on the weekend, but not sure what else I can try. Thanks for having patience and trying. 

no, i dont have that window warning message on both machine - winxp & vista. The process works smoothly without interruption from window message...
hope to see improvement in this tool. for sure i will test it..

keduo

keduo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
The pkgtool.exe found a virus(Worm/Hteibook.a).

kaplex

kaplex

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

The pkgtool.exe found a virus(Worm/Hteibook.a).

i think that false alarm. which av did you use? i used eset and it detect no virus...

keduo

keduo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

i think that false alarm. which av did you use? i used eset and it detect no virus...

i used KV2009. It automatically removed the virus and the file(pkgtool.exe). :)

mediacell

mediacell

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Devices:Omnia II, E71, N95
wes58,
any guide how to remove unwanted program from SYS and OEM folder?
or just delete the folder and application ??

bmarko82

bmarko82

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Devices:Samsung i900 Omnia
Very strange! I used original JA1 rom, with i900 executor (converting mst->mli->bin), also tried RFD's util for conversion, pkgtool crashed. (i forget to rename the bin file to pda.nb, maybee that was the problem. I will try it at home) If i use Sorg's application to dump the rom, pkgtool is working fine with romtool. Maybe lang pack causes the problem? I use Hungarian rom.

Edited by bmarko82, 22 January 2010 - 08:44 AM.

kaplex

kaplex

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

wes58,
any guide how to remove unwanted program from SYS and OEM folder?
or just delete the folder and application ??

Yes, just delete the necessary file, but remind you about the entries in registry.. for more information follow this link:
http://www.modaco.co...o...t&p=1142516

sx1000

sx1000

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Cool in version 1.2b packaging process went pdaNew.nb0 created now will try.

Only if you do under Windows 7 it is necessary to choose a compatibility mode with Windows XP SP3 otherwise uncreated file imgfs-new.bin

wes58 Thank you so much! is doing the right thing!

Edited by sx1000, 22 January 2010 - 12:33 PM.

mediacell

mediacell

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Yes, just delete the necessary file, but remind you about the entries in registry.. for more information follow this link:
http://www.modaco.co...o...t&p=1142516

ok thanks bro :)

wes58

wes58

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts
Added version 1.3 to the first post.

Posted Image

wes58

wes58

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Very strange! I used original JA1 rom, with i900 executor (converting mst->mli->bin), also tried RFD's util for conversion, pkgtool crashed. (i forget to rename the bin file to pda.nb, maybee that was the problem. I will try it at home) If i use Sorg's application to dump the rom, pkgtool is working fine with romtool. Maybe lang pack causes the problem? I use Hungarian rom.

If you want to modify rom, don't use mst file. This file has language packs even after converting from mst to nb/nb0. In the language pack are files needed to build it with buildOs. If you remove language pack the phone won't boot when you flash it.
Just dump your rom from the phone with Sorg's application and rename rom_dump.bin to rom_dump.nb.

If you are not modifying the rom you can convert it with I900 executor or RFD's utility and flash nb0 file.

Posted Image

wes58

wes58

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Cool in version 1.2b packaging process went pdaNew.nb0 created now will try.

Only if you do under Windows 7 it is necessary to choose a compatibility mode with Windows XP SP3 otherwise uncreated file imgfs-new.bin

wes58 Thank you so much! is doing the right thing!

I run it on Windows 7 and I don't have to change it to compatibility mode with XP. I am not sure why you have a problem.

Posted Image

mediacell

mediacell

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

16. Opem imageinfo.bin located in \sys\.rom\ folder in hexeditor. Delete 8 bytes from the offset 18(hex) otherwise ExtReloc will not recognize it as a WM6.5 rom.

how to edit this file, i just delete offset 18h~1Fh, but extreloc still not recgnize this file.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users