wes58

wes58

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • Devices:I900

Now i used the imgfs.bin with xidump.
But i don't have the folders OEM and SYS.
The files are all in the imgfs folder. But i don't know what to do now.

It all depends on which bat file you drag your imgfs.bin. If you drag it on Dump_PKG__IMGFS.bat you will get sys and oem folders in IMGFS folder of xidump.
If you drag it on Dump_FILES__IMGFS.bat you will only get files/modules not split into oem and sys.

One other thing, if the rom was built having "All packages to one" option checked, you won't be able to convert to sys and oem folders because there are no dsm files in the dumped rom!

If you find this Application useful, you can buy me a glass of wine

Posted Image

Samsung Omnia II GT-I8000

Lancez

Lancez

Hardcore

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,093 posts
  • Interests:My Devices:
    Galaxy Nexus
    Samsung I9100
    Samsung S8600 Bada
    Samsung I8000
    Samsung I900
    Sony Ericsson X10a
hi, wes58

i have been using your tool with twu's script for a while now and have made some lite ROMs, great tool, thank you.

i need a little help here, if its not too much to ask.

since this morning, i was trying to build a ROM for my own use and when i start buildpda, the buildOS wont work anymore. i dont know what i did wrong, but it seems ok yesterday. now i'm getting the error messege showing that buildOS is having problems and need to be closed. i have tried several times already. can't get it to work anymore. i'm using XP btw.

thanks in advance.

wes58

wes58

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts

hi, wes58

i have been using your tool with twu's script for a while now and have made some lite ROMs, great tool, thank you.

i need a little help here, if its not too much to ask.

since this morning, i was trying to build a ROM for my own use and when i start buildpda, the buildOS wont work anymore. i dont know what i did wrong, but it seems ok yesterday. now i'm getting the error messege showing that buildOS is having problems and need to be closed. i have tried several times already. can't get it to work anymore. i'm using XP btw.

thanks in advance.

I am not sure what can be wrong. The only time I got the message 'buildos.exe has stopped working' when I tried to run (double click) buildos.exe directly from the Tools folder (not through romTool) - and it doesn't work because it doesn't have paths set properly.

The only suggestion that I would make is start from the beginning:
1. Create a copy of a _template folder.
2. Rename this new folder to what ever you want.
3. Put any rom.bin file in this new folder.
4. Start romTool and select your new folder in 'ROM:' list box.
5. Dump the rom.bin file.
6. If the 'SYS' list box is empty you have to change to a different folder in 'ROM' and then go back to the folder that you were using - you should have [sys] shown in 'SYS' list box. Then try to build the new rom and see if buildOs starts.

Posted Image

Lancez

Lancez

Hardcore

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,093 posts
  • Interests:My Devices:
    Galaxy Nexus
    Samsung I9100
    Samsung S8600 Bada
    Samsung I8000
    Samsung I900
    Sony Ericsson X10a

I am not sure what can be wrong. The only time I got the message 'buildos.exe has stopped working' when I tried to run (double click) buildos.exe directly from the Tools folder (not through romTool) - and it doesn't work because it doesn't have paths set properly.

The only suggestion that I would make is start from the beginning:
1. Create a copy of a _template folder.
2. Rename this new folder to what ever you want.
3. Put any rom.bin file in this new folder.
4. Start romTool and select your new folder in 'ROM:' list box.
5. Dump the rom.bin file.
6. If the 'SYS' list box is empty you have to change to a different folder in 'ROM' and then go back to the folder that you were using - you should have [sys] shown in 'SYS' list box. Then try to build the new rom and see if buildOs starts.

ok, i will try that. thanks a lot for your help :(

IanOsborn

IanOsborn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia I8000

ok, i will try that. thanks a lot for your help :(

I've got the same problem too. Doesn't matter what I do, no success. Very frustrating. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

wes58

wes58

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts

I've got the same problem too. Doesn't matter what I do, no success. Very frustrating. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

It is hard to help you if you don't provide any information what you are doing?
What is your folder structure? Where do you have all the files? What rom are you building?

If you have a look in a guide for version 2.0, first two pictures show an example of the kitchen folder structure (first picture) and how the paths are set (top part of the second picture).
I have attached this file again here.

Attached Files

Posted Image

IanOsborn

IanOsborn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

It is hard to help you if you don't provide any information what you are doing?
What is your folder structure? Where do you have all the files? What rom are you building?

If you have a look in a guide for version 2.0, first two pictures show an example of the kitchen folder structure (first picture) and how the paths are set (top part of the second picture).
I have attached this file again here.

I've attached a pdf describing where I'm at and the problem encountered. What do you think?

Thanks in advance

Attached File  RomToolProblem.pdf   410.59KB   85 downloads

wes58

wes58

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts

I've attached a pdf describing where I'm at and the problem encountered. What do you think?

Thanks in advance

The warning message that you get during dump is not important. It just tells you, that because you are dumping a .bin fine it doesn't have a header which .nb0 file has.

I think that you may have a problem with the version of Microsoft.NET framework on your computer. I am not sure which version is used by BuildOs - I think it is 2.

Maybe you can try and google "Microsoft.net buildos" and see if you can find any information.

Posted Image

shadowangel

shadowangel

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S II GT-I9100

The warning message that you get during dump is not important. It just tells you, that because you are dumping a .bin fine it doesn't have a header which .nb0 file has.

I think that you may have a problem with the version of Microsoft.NET framework on your computer. I am not sure which version is used by BuildOs - I think it is 2.

Maybe you can try and google "Microsoft.net buildos" and see if you can find any information.

Wes58... good day!

I posted a thread about it but as I'm not completely convinced of that, Ill ask the source! :(

What's the difference between platformrebuilder and BuildOS and why do you prefer BuildOS on your kitchen?

I've done some search and found that platformrebuilder is newer than BuildOS but I'm not certain of it...

thanks!

wes58

wes58

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Wes58... good day!

I posted a thread about it but as I'm not completely convinced of that, Ill ask the source! :(

What's the difference between platformrebuilder and BuildOS and why do you prefer BuildOS on your kitchen?

I've done some search and found that platformrebuilder is newer than BuildOS but I'm not certain of it...

thanks!

I used buildOS in romTool because that was the only application that worked without any problems when we started with building roms for Omnia2.
What else I like in BuildOS is that if something is wrong with the rom that you are building it gives you some information of an error. Other applications that romTool is using (xipPort, extReloc) also have some settings that you can modify for you rom build.

I tried platformrebuilder a few times in the past but it always failed without giving you a any information about cause of an error. Then I found out that someone found that the problem was with Samsung xip (or nk.exe module). There were also some solutions to it, as you already now. But because I have already had romTool working I didn't see a reason for spending any more time trying to get it working with platformrebuilder and re-write it all. It's not something that you can do in a couple of hours.

Posted Image

shadowangel

shadowangel

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts

I used buildOS in romTool because that was the only application that worked without any problems when we started with building roms for Omnia2.
What else I like in BuildOS is that if something is wrong with the rom that you are building it gives you some information of an error. Other applications that romTool is using (xipPort, extReloc) also have some settings that you can modify for you rom build.

I tried platformrebuilder a few times in the past but it always failed without giving you a any information about cause of an error. Then I found out that someone found that the problem was with Samsung xip (or nk.exe module). There were also some solutions to it, as you already now. But because I have already had romTool working I didn't see a reason for spending any more time trying to get it working with platformrebuilder and re-write it all. It's not something that you can do in a couple of hours.

I understand :(

Thank you for your reply... I knew about the nk.exe problem but it seems to have other problems as well... No need to waste time with time with that :(

Still, your kitchen is fantastic as is, thank you for that :P

IanOsborn

IanOsborn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

I did as you suggested but couldn't find any info that made much sense. So, I switched to another machine running Win7 Pro 32bit with all updates. Surprise, surprise! No more problems. Everything worked. Great! Now for the fun part.

The other machine is running Win XP SP3 Home Ed. Your suggestion regarding the .NET framework is probably correct.

Thank you so much for your help

wes58

wes58

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts

I did as you suggested but couldn't find any info that made much sense. So, I switched to another machine running Win7 Pro 32bit with all updates. Surprise, surprise! No more problems. Everything worked. Great! Now for the fun part.

The other machine is running Win XP SP3 Home Ed. Your suggestion regarding the .NET framework is probably correct.

Thank you so much for your help

I'm glad to hear that it is working.
You could check in Control Panel-Add Remove Programs which versions of .NET framework you have on both computers and install the one that is missing.

Posted Image

shadowangel

shadowangel

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts
Wes58

Hello again!

Did some search on your thread but didn't find anything about this...

What's the use of "Adjust size of XIP"?

Thanks! :)

wes58

wes58

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Wes58

Hello again!

Did some search on your thread but didn't find anything about this...

What's the use of "Adjust size of XIP"?

Thanks! :)

When you port XIP from different version of OS, sometimes we get XIP partition smaller in size. Although it is smaller in size, but because of the insertion addresses of XIP and IMGFS (which are defined in the partition table), there is a gap between end of XIP & start of IMGFS which is filled with FF. By reducing this gap you can gain some storage space.
I haven't tested it well so I can't tell you if you gain much and whether you won't have any problems. If you want to try it, go ahead, I think the worst thing that can happen is that the phone won't boot after flashing - than you just flash it again with different rom.
I am not sure if it is really worth it, it was something I read about and wanted to try it. I don't think anybody has a problem with not sufficient storage space on the phone?

By the way, I have moved to Galaxy S now so won't be checking this thread too often.

Posted Image

shadowangel

shadowangel

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts

When you port XIP from different version of OS, sometimes we get XIP partition smaller in size. Although it is smaller in size, but because of the insertion addresses of XIP and IMGFS (which are defined in the partition table), there is a gap between end of XIP & start of IMGFS which is filled with FF. By reducing this gap you can gain some storage space.
I haven't tested it well so I can't tell you if you gain much and whether you won't have any problems. If you want to try it, go ahead, I think the worst thing that can happen is that the phone won't boot after flashing - than you just flash it again with different rom.
I am not sure if it is really worth it, it was something I read about and wanted to try it. I don't think anybody has a problem with not sufficient storage space on the phone?

By the way, I have moved to Galaxy S now so won't be checking this thread too often.

No worries man... I wanted to ask because I didn't find anything here on your thread about it :)

Indeed... the space gain would be too little to fight for :D

lwe690

lwe690

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:I8000 OMINA II
Hi, I tried with 3.01 version, but I met problem I can not build new nb0. Here attached is the log file. Can you please help me to say what's wrong? Thank you!

Attached Files

alejandro250

alejandro250

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
kitchen know whether this can change the sys and xip to update the rom?? and if anyone has been able to can tell me how thanks

Devil1978

Devil1978

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
I have three PC's and one laptop.
But on all these the buildos.exe shows an windows error message.

TripleH

TripleH

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
I have a question: I wont to use OEMizer tool but it`s starts very slow, or it doesn`t start at all. I`m using MS Vista. I always have Oemizer in processes but it doesn`t apear. Sorry for my English :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users