Lancez, on Jul 22 2010, 17:19, said:
i have been using your tool with twu's script for a while now and have made some lite ROMs, great tool, thank you.
i need a little help here, if its not too much to ask.
since this morning, i was trying to build a ROM for my own use and when i start buildpda, the buildOS wont work anymore. i dont know what i did wrong, but it seems ok yesterday. now i'm getting the error messege showing that buildOS is having problems and need to be closed. i have tried several times already. can't get it to work anymore. i'm using XP btw.
thanks in advance.
I am not sure what can be wrong. The only time I got the message 'buildos.exe has stopped working' when I tried to run (double click) buildos.exe directly from the Tools folder (not through romTool) - and it doesn't work because it doesn't have paths set properly.
The only suggestion that I would make is start from the beginning:
1. Create a copy of a _template folder.
2. Rename this new folder to what ever you want.
3. Put any rom.bin file in this new folder.
4. Start romTool and select your new folder in 'ROM:' list box.
5. Dump the rom.bin file.
6. If the 'SYS' list box is empty you have to change to a different folder in 'ROM' and then go back to the folder that you were using - you should have [sys] shown in 'SYS' list box. Then try to build the new rom and see if buildOs starts.
If you find this Application useful, you can buy me a glass of wine
Samsung Omnia II GT-I8000