Photo

21/Oct Stock ROMs - ERD79 -> FRG83 images / zip / online kitchen (optional root / insecure)

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
423 replies to this topic

Dayzee

Dayzee

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Interests:I'm a published Author, Stand Up Comedian (occasionally), Improvisor, and teacher - But most of all, I love my Gadgets :) Especially Android!!<br /><br />Here's my Amazon Author Profile - Over 18's tho <br />http://www.amazon.com/Edie-Bingham/e/B002BLV6FY/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_1
  • Devices:Hero, Nexus One
  • Twitter:@daized
Thanks Paul, all done - returning to HTC monday

zap_ingo

zap_ingo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello,
Does the images work in the emulator?
Mine get stuck at boot.

Thanks!

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,227 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien
Kitchen moved to new dedicated server. MoDaCo Plus / Ad Free members, you make this possible. Thank you! :)

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

Jibreil

Jibreil

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Devices:Google Nexus One
  • Twitter:@jibreil

Kitchen moved to new dedicated server. MoDaCo Plus / Ad Free members, you make this possible. Thank you! :)

P

Hi Paul, can you include the APN List from the 1.4 Beta 2 ROM to the Stock Online Kitchen. It's very very handy.

This is a blazing fast ROM - seems to have allot of improvements and stability compared to the ROM I got on my N1. Must recommended ROM to everyone.

P.S. Hacked Google Maps works beautiful on this.

Edited by Jibreil, 27 January 2010 - 10:36 AM.

dobreviche

dobreviche

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi Paul,

I'd like to replace some font files on my Nexus1 with minimal changes to the system. I don't want root access or custom recovery images...Just to replace some fonts on the file system. What I'm planning to do is:
1. Unlock bootloader (unfortunately cannot be skipped, correct me if I'm wrong...)
2. Flash superboot / insecure boot
3. Replace font files in /system/fonts/ with ADB remount and ADB push
4. Restore original boot image by using the secure signed zip you included in this post and running "fastboot flash boot boot.img"

Will this work? Is flashing the boot partition twice (first with superboot and then with original image) safe?

Thanks in advance!!

Edited by dobreviche, 31 January 2010 - 04:32 PM.

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,227 posts
Well here it is people, Google's ERE27 update, repacked by yours truly to apply just how you like. :D

If you are on a completely stock device

1. Google's own update

If you are on a completely stock device (including stock recovery image), you can use the official update. Just download it, put it on the SD card named update.zip, launch recovery (power on with volume down held), press power and volume up when the warning triangle icon appears then select 'apply update.zip'. Sorted.

DOWNLOAD UPDATE ZIP FOR STOCK DEVICES

If you are on a non-stock device

Simply work through the steps below. Steps 1 and 2 are highly recommended. Use step 3 OR 4 OR 5 as desired. Step 6 just makes it all super easy. :D

1. The main update itself

I've downloaded the main update and repurposed it to a conventional update zip, to apply via the modified recovery. This is non wipe, and can be flashed over the top of just about anything. It is completely stock, secure and unrooted... see below for more on that.

MAIN UPDATE ZIP

2. The radio update

The update includes a new Radio ROM, which I have packaged seperately, again as an update zip. It carries version number 32.24.00.22U_4.03.00.21_2.

RADIO UPDATE ZIP

3. Insecure boot image

If you don't want to have full root but you'd like ADB remount permissions, you need to flash an insecure boot image. Because i'm nice, I made one for you. Simply download it, put your device in bootloader and run 'fastboot flash boot boot.ERE27.insecure.img'.

INSECURE BOOT IMAGE

4. Superboot boot image.

You don't just want insecure boot, you want root (su and superuser)? I don't blame you... and again, because i'm nice, i've made you a superboot. Simply download it, put your device in bootloader and run 'fastboot flash boot boot.ERE27.superboot.img'.

SUPERBOOT BOOT IMAGE

5. Superboot boot image with himem

If you'd like to make use of the full RAM on your device, you can use the Superboot himem boot image. It includes everything in the superboot image above, plus an updated kernel and wireless driver. Simply download it, put your device in bootloader and run 'fastboot flash boot boot.ERE27.superboot.himem.img'.

SUPERBOOT BOOT IMAGE

6. Another way - the MoDaCo Online Kitchen

The online kitchen below allows you to create a custom update ZIP with the components you require. The image is still stock, you just have the option of leaving out the bits you don't want. For expert users, the option to include either an insecure boot image or the superboot root boot image is included. The radio image can also be included.

Note: the online kitchen is currently only available to my MoDaCo premium members (those who have signed up to MoDaCo Ad Free or MoDaCo Plus) as it is not yet running on an infrastructure that can support a huge number of users. This will be the case for the foreseeable future as the kitchen system is developed.

Enjoy! ;)

P

Stock ROM ERE27 for Nexus One online kitchen
This kitchen has already generated [kitchenstatisticsnew]ERE27-update-nexusone-stock-kitchen[/kitchenstatisticsnew]

Click the options below to select what you would like in your ROM, then click the 'Bake' button at the bottom of the list. Yes, it really is that simple. :D

Required Options

Core
  • These are the files that form the core of the ROM and you must have!
Google Applications
Posted Image

Car Home installed to /system partition
  • This option includes the Car Home application.
Posted Image

Live Wallpapers installed to /system partition
  • This option includes the Live Wallpapers.
Posted Image

Maps installed to /system partition
  • This option includes the Maps application.
Posted Image

News and Weather installed to /system partition
  • This option includes the News and Weather application and associated widget.
Posted Image

Google Voice installed to /system partition
  • This option includes the Google Voice application.
Posted Image

Voice Dialer installed to /data partition
  • This option includes the Voice Dialer application.
Posted Image

Voice Search installed to /system partition
  • This option includes the Voice Search application.
Posted Image

YouTube installed to /system partition
  • This option includes the YouTube application.
Third Party Applications
Posted Image

Amazon MP3 installed to /system partition
  • This option includes the Amazon MP3 application.
Posted Image

Facebook installed to /system partition
  • This option includes the Facebook application (but not the embedded Facebook sync support).
Expert Options

Include Radio Image
  • This option includes the new 32.24.00.22U_4.03.00.21_2 radio image as part of the update zip.

Stock Boot Image
  • This option installs the stock boot image, which is secured and has no root files.

Insecure Boot Image
  • This option installs an insecure boot image providing 'adb remount' permissions.

Superboot Boot Image
  • This option installs a Superboot boot image that installs the SU and Superuser binaries for root access. This boot image is also insecure and therefore also provides 'adb remount' permissions.

Superboot Boot Image with himem
  • This option installs a Superboot boot image that installs the SU and Superuser binaries for root access. This boot image is also insecure and therefore also provides 'adb remount' permissions. This boot image also includes himem support!

Click the image below to a ROM update zip tailored to your choices..

The online kitchen implements a queueing system which means your cooking time varies depending on the sever load. Please be patient! :(

<% BAKEBUTTON %>

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Posted Image

Nesousx

Nesousx

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Interests:Computers<br />New technologies<br />Video Games
  • Devices:Nexus One
  • Twitter:@Nesousx
Thanks.

Edited by Nesousx, 04 February 2010 - 12:38 PM.

Chris Jenx

Chris Jenx

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy Nexus, iPad 3
  • Twitter:@chrisjenx
Sweet thanks Paul.

Cant wait for the other updates. Official MT for Gallery, Browser and Maps they have finaly listened must of been pressure from consumers, or finaly thought F apple lol.

Cheers,
Chris

bobtentpeg

bobtentpeg

That One Guy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Devices:Nexus One
  • Twitter:@bobtentpeg
Jesus, that gave me a small scare at first, sat on the updating screen for a long time

Posted Image

Jer Barton

Jer Barton

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:Nexus One, G1
  • Twitter:@chickenfudge
Can this be flashed on cm5b4? Don't wanna bork my phone ;)

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,227 posts
First post updated. A lot. ;)

P

Posted Image

Chris Jenx

Chris Jenx

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

Can this be flashed on cm5b4? Don't wanna bork my phone ;)

Yeah I was thinking that...

Wrake

update radio works with cm beta 4 here. no problems.

Chris Jenx

Chris Jenx

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

update radio works with cm beta 4 here. no problems.

I've allready done the Radio was referring to the full rom... tis ok i'll wait till Paul or cyanogen has pushed it into there code trees

Nanu*1

Nanu*1

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Devices:HTC Nexus One MCR 1.2.2
  • Twitter:@_nanu_
Both of the boot.img links point to the superboot image??

Edit:scrap that a quick refresh and it is sorted, so you haven't gone to bed yet!! LoL

Edit 2: I'm getting boot image failures again, with no wipe, I wonder if it just specific devices suffering this problem?

Edited by Nanu*1, 03 February 2010 - 12:19 AM.

janjan2

janjan2

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Devices:Nexus one
How to update the new rom(Stock ROM ERE27)? Current Iam using CM beta 4 without any problem and with SUPERBOOT BOOT IMAGE. If I wanna try the new rom with multitouch etc.(MAIN UPDATE ZIP), then I have to root my N1 again right? I mean can I flash the new Stock ROM ERE27 over CM beta 4 ?

Edited by janjan2, 03 February 2010 - 12:19 AM.

tris l

tris l

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Devices:Nexus One CM5b3 highmem
  • Twitter:@trisdroid
On the kitchen already - fast work. Mine's the second ROM baked on the new update exactly as I like it - nice. You make this way too easy man! ;)

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,227 posts
Added an online kitchen!

[edit: beaten to it on my own post, lol!]

P

Posted Image

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,227 posts
I'm off for the night people, if you have any issues I need to sort i'll check them out in the morning! :D

Just to confirm i've tested all the images above and they all worked for me, so you should be set. Have good clean flashing fun! ;)

P

Posted Image

Mantisen

Mantisen

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Devices:Nexus One - CM Nightly
  • Twitter:@Mantisen

I'm off for the night people, if you have any issues I need to sort i'll check them out in the morning! :(

Just to confirm i've tested all the images above and they all worked for me, so you should be set. Have good clean flashing fun! :D

P

You are truly, as the title under your picture implies, The Main Man! Thank you for the kitchen! ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users