BTAR Fix for Chefs (Updated 18 Jan 10)

Guest ock

Since the time when I started to cook some roms for the i900, I have been very interested in two issues on the Omnia i900 - Fingermouse in WM6.5, and BTAR.

Liads, Stevenh and KhuanChai have pioneered a solution for BTAR, but it seems not many roms include the fix. I have made several attempts at cooking it in, but there were a few outstanding issues (users of my first few roms would know these bugs :) ). I felt that it would be a waste that their research ends here (liads cooked 30+ roms just to test out the fix :) ), and thus decided to cook a few roms to test and iron out the remaining issues.

After a few dozen rom tests, here are my findings on top of the original solution. You can read the tedious process these pioneers went through to get a better idea. These are the minimum drivers required for an almost bug-free solution.

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem possible to implement the solution as a cab. I've zipped the entire package for fellow chefs to test and cook in their roms. Hope we can see more BTAR-fixed roms here on Modaco. Do post any bugs here if you find them.

Additional files required (from ZHIB firmware):

- hex-edited nk.exe - to fix crash when recording video

- accsensor.dll - enable lock on wakeup feature

- accsensor_app.exe - needed for autorotation

- zylonite_lcd.dll - fix crash when autorotation is enabled

- 80e90a40-8c29-4441-8860-3981f45792ce.rgu - includes some mysterious registry entry that enables lock on wakeup. Can't figure out which though - it's a big file.

Additional Registry tweak:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ControlPanel\Power]

"Redirect"="Power.exe"

- to fix bug with battery tray icon not launching power settings

EDIT: Updated zip file to include eboot.nb0 Use this when building the final exe in Pakko's i900EXEcutor.

Known issue:

- Samsung Volume Control will not work. Installing it via cab will disable autorotation.

ock

BTARfix_v2.zip

Edited by ock

thanks brother amazing working :) , Btarfix_2.zip include XIP folder , how ı use it when ı cooking rom

I'm Using Vistang's Visual Kitchen. If you are using it too, just replace the XIP folder in the ROM folder with the one in the zip file. I recommend reading Ryrzy's short guide in the Visual Kitchen thread.

Guest sametakti
I'm Using Vistang's Visual Kitchen. If you are using it too, just replace the XIP folder in the ROM folder with the one in the zip file. I recommend reading Ryrzy's short guide in the Visual Kitchen thread.

ok thanks a lot , really good working :)

and if i use wozzer kitchen?

for xip folder is the same step?

sorry for my english

I haven't taken a look at Wozzer's package, so can't answer you right now. I'll post more instructions for those using other kitchens once I have time :) .

the fix is working good for me , but when i flash myrom , the customer.csc part not load , why?

It could be due to the different eboot. Which stuff in customer.csc do you need?

I dont understand, why do I need a new eboot?

The fix requires different drivers, and a different nk.exe. It seems that the eboot and nk.exe are closely linked, that's why a new one is needed.

Guest sinancetinkaya

Why is this huge changing needed just for fixing the bluetooth issue ?

zylonite_wavedev2.dll, patching nk.exe and some registry settings are a bit comprehensible

But the rest of them is too much

you haven't taken whole files and registry settings instead of the certain solution, have you?

Your job sounds amazing but I need more explanation

Why is this huge changing needed just for fixing the bluetooth issue ?

zylonite_wavedev2.dll, patching nk.exe and some registry settings are a bit comprehensible

But the rest of them is too much

you haven't taken whole files and registry settings instead of the certain solution, have you?

Your job sounds amazing but I need more explanation

zylonite_wavedev2.dll is the key file, but this driver is closely linked to other drivers, thus the need to include the other files as well.

Guest dannych99

Does anyone confirm that this fix work?

I use Cyberon Voice Speed Dial. I can press BT handset to control my phone on KC or PDhee's roms.

It does not work on my own rom applying this fix( WM's Voice Command as well). :D

I use DXID1 and Ock's fix.

Any idea? ;)

Guest Zpecter

I use Cyberon Voice Speed Dial. I can press BT handset to control my phone on KC or PDhee's roms.

It does not work on my own rom applying this fix( WM's Voice Command as well). :D

Any idea? ;)

I'd like to know it too. How can we test it??

Any idea? ;)

Try this registry tweak:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\OEM\VoiceCommand]

"Path"="\\Program Files\\Voice Command\\voicecmd.exe"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest maczen

Hi

I'm using OsKitchen an try to fix bt but I have no succed. I have replace the all files with the files from first post. The phone boot just normal but I can't recive any files.

if anyone can help me I will be happy:)

Thanks

Hi

I'm using OsKitchen an try to fix bt but I have no succed. I have replace the all files with the files from first post. The phone boot just normal but I can't recive any files.

if anyone can help me I will be happy:)

Thanks

Actually this fixed Bluetooth Audio Routing, not receiving of files via BT. You can try obex inbox to fix BT file transfer issues. <_<

• 1 month later...
Guest lorenzawer

Hello everybody and thank you very much to those who are working hard for the benefit of users (Liads, Stevenh, KhuanChai, Ock...).

I know nothing about roms or flashing, but I must now learn since hands free functionality is REALY important to me. For what I have read I assume BTARv2.zip is the newest file in this regard so far (04-25-10). However I don't know if that file is a rom itself or it is something you have posted for programmers to test and try to find possible bugs.

In case it is a rom, I assume that it will let me push the microphone button on my car hands-free, say the name of the contact I want to call and let me talk through the car mic. Carkit (alpine 103bt -parrot KC5000-) phone (omnia i900 -WM 6.1 with CVoiceSpeedDial).

If I am correct so far, I finally found what I was looking for. In case it is not a rom yet, is there a good stable rom that carries this functionality? or else, could you enlight me with a simpler solution that doesn't involve mobile flashing (I intend to have my cellphone lost in a pocket and still not needing to crash my car trying to get it out to push buttons or speak close to it- yes, I am picky).

And last thing, please let me know, if there's a link you are familiar with, that could help rookies flash their cells from a know-nothing basis :huh: (OS Vista Home 32 with WM Device Center).

Thank you indeed for your help.

I am Spanish, if you are wondering about my weird writting :P

Hello everybody and thank you very much to those who are working hard for the benefit of users (Liads, Stevenh, KhuanChai, Ock...).

I know nothing about roms or flashing, but I must now learn since hands free functionality is REALY important to me. For what I have read I assume BTARv2.zip is the newest file in this regard so far (04-25-10). However I don't know if that file is a rom itself or it is something you have posted for programmers to test and try to find possible bugs.

In case it is a rom, I assume that it will let me push the microphone button on my car hands-free, say the name of the contact I want to call and let me talk through the car mic. Carkit (alpine 103bt -parrot KC5000-) phone (omnia i900 -WM 6.1 with CVoiceSpeedDial).

If I am correct so far, I finally found what I was looking for. In case it is not a rom yet, is there a good stable rom that carries this functionality? or else, could you enlight me with a simpler solution that doesn't involve mobile flashing (I intend to have my cellphone lost in a pocket and still not needing to crash my car trying to get it out to push buttons or speak close to it- yes, I am picky).

And last thing, please let me know, if there's a link you are familiar with, that could help rookies flash their cells from a know-nothing basis :huh: (OS Vista Home 32 with WM Device Center).

Thank you indeed for your help.

I am Spanish, if you are wondering about my weird writting :P

Khuanchai's and P_Dhee's roms all include the BTAR fix.

Or you can try the alternative solution found by dannych99 that may work on any rom.

Sector's guide and angel's thread are two resources on how to flash a rom.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest DiNiko

Given the chance, I'd like to congratulate you first of all for your great work and efforts.

Have been testing your ROM's in the past, went away for a little change and since 23118 lite I'm back once again.

I'm just wondering... if 23118 lite is BTAR fixed or not because since I flashed few days ago I have been trying to manage activating voice speed dialing through bluetooth headset voicebutton wit no luck.

Using:

- clip II V-mini (bluetooth headset)

- Cyberon Voice Speed Dial (1.2 build 061226)

Only managed to make it work by assigning it to device's MainMenu Hardware Button, and sound input through device mic (unable to send commands, contact names etc. via bluetooth headset, the latest can only be used for listenning to and speaking while in a call session as well as accepting or terminating a call using the other button which is attached to the earphone - NOT the voicebutton). When headset is connected to the phone and voicebutton is pressed continuously, I can hear an instant tone through the earphone but there is no response on the device.

Any solution please :rolleyes: ?

(Later I'm going to try both the "JETware" solution as well as the "JetBTHFExt_1.40.CAB")