Liads, Stevenh and KhuanChai have pioneered a solution for BTAR, but it seems not many roms include the fix. I have made several attempts at cooking it in, but there were a few outstanding issues (users of my first few roms would know these bugs ). I felt that it would be a waste that their research ends here (liads cooked 30+ roms just to test out the fix ), and thus decided to cook a few roms to test and iron out the remaining issues.
After a few dozen rom tests, here are my findings on top of the original solution. You can read the tedious process these pioneers went through to get a better idea. These are the minimum drivers required for an almost bug-free solution.
Unfortunately, it doesn't seem possible to implement the solution as a cab. I've zipped the entire package for fellow chefs to test and cook in their roms. Hope we can see more BTAR-fixed roms here on Modaco. Do post any bugs here if you find them.
Additional files required (from ZHIB firmware):
- hex-edited nk.exe - to fix crash when recording video
- accsensor.dll - enable lock on wakeup feature
- accsensor_app.exe - needed for autorotation
- zylonite_lcd.dll - fix crash when autorotation is enabled
- 80e90a40-8c29-4441-8860-3981f45792ce.rgu - includes some mysterious registry entry that enables lock on wakeup. Can't figure out which though - it's a big file.
Additional Registry tweak:
- to fix bug with battery tray icon not launching power settings
EDIT: Updated zip file to include eboot.nb0 Use this when building the final exe in Pakko's i900EXEcutor.
- Samsung Volume Control will not work. Installing it via cab will disable autorotation.
Edited by ock, 06 March 2010 - 06:07 AM.