mugen batteries tg01 1300mah/2600/3900!!!!!!!

Guest serialkillazzs

Guest David Strange

Morning all,

I'm still in the process of going through recommended 4-5 charge/discharge cycles (these are very important but never let the battery go totally flat) with my new Mugen 2600mAh battery. I cannot say the resultant bulge on my TG01 as a consequence of using a larger, more powerful battery is beautifully bulbous, it looks a bit silly really, but the battery longevity my phone has displayed these past few days has been totally brilliant. I don't have to worry if I've listened to music over my bluetooth headset for too long, this battery powers them for much longer than I want to listen to music when trekking around London. Similarly, WiFi and 3/3.5G connections don't suck the batteries dry in the embarrassingly short space of time the TG01's standard battery lasted when connected. With this battery it is possible to do serious interwebbing, gaming or video-action without having to keep a close eye on the battery meter.

A 2600mAh battery makes the TG01 a truly 'active all day' convergent device, and as a consequence of that I would not hesitate to recommend them.

Cheers,

David.

God Morning to all,

I'm using a 2600mAh mugen batterie since one week and the device has now past the 2 loading process. The 1st days was so nice. Handset working from saturday morning till wednesday evening without extra charging. Right now I'm in holydays so only 3 or 4 calls a day, some minuts internet, loooing for mails and a lot ebook reading and listen to music. Total using time nearby 24 hours. This looks great and I looking forward to 1st working days with this bat.

Also Mugen in HongKong has a great service, fast delievery and tracking of the part. They sended me the cover in wrong colour. 1 mail to them and they already shipped a new one.

Anybody knows a cover that will fit with the new thickness of TG01 with the bigger batt? The silicon one still covering the device but looking **it.

regards

gerd ;)

post a few pictures guys in real time not mugen battery or youtube video, just to see what these babies are like in the wild

Newby to this forum stuff, have photos of the TG01 with 2600mA setup and tried to upload the images to this forum site, don't know yet if the images are uploaded?

My comments on fitting the Mugen 2600 are:

1) Battery life now 3 to 4 days - this makes the phone a usable device for email, browsing, general windows document work, music and video; same about the fact that the device is useless as a phone.

2) The larger size actually improves the feel of the device and being thicke is easier to pick up from a flat surface without dropping it. The slimline original was too thin, in my view. The thicker version is easier to handle and hold.

3) The overall weigh of the device is now 163g

4) Service from Mugen Hong Kong was extremely efficient and fast, I would recommend them.

I hope this info is of use to someone out there.

post-645369-1265440344_thumb.jpg

post-645369-1265440381_thumb.jpg

Guest mkultr4
Morning all,

I'm still in the process of going through recommended 4-5 charge/discharge cycles (these are very important but never let the battery go totally flat) with my new Mugen 2600mAh battery. I cannot say the resultant bulge on my TG01 as a consequence of using a larger, more powerful battery is beautifully bulbous, it looks a bit silly really, but the battery longevity my phone has displayed these past few days has been totally brilliant. I don't have to worry if I've listened to music over my bluetooth headset for too long, this battery powers them for much longer than I want to listen to music when trekking around London. Similarly, WiFi and 3/3.5G connections don't suck the batteries dry in the embarrassingly short space of time the TG01's standard battery lasted when connected. With this battery it is possible to do serious interwebbing, gaming or video-action without having to keep a close eye on the battery meter.

A 2600mAh battery makes the TG01 a truly 'active all day' convergent device, and as a consequence of that I would not hesitate to recommend them.

Cheers,

David.

Hello David,

I have just purchased a mugen battery and read the info sheet. I was always under the impression lithium ion batteries had no memory and did not need prepairing for for full use. Can you shed any light on why this is necessary. I have numerous li-ion power tools and never charged them for long periods of time as the manufacturer claimed it is not needed.

thanks,

mkultr4

Guest pcmarcel

1) Battery life now 3 to 4 days - this makes the phone a usable device for email, browsing, general windows document work, music and video; same about the fact that the device is useless as a phone.

2) The larger size actually improves the feel of the device and being thicke is easier to pick up from a flat surface without dropping it. The slimline original was too thin, in my view. The thicker version is easier to handle and hold.

4) Service from Mugen Hong Kong was extremely efficient and fast, I would recommend them.

Hear, hear.

I can only confirm almost everything you said.

#1. I use it also as a phone and have no complaints.

#2. is exactly what I thought after installing battery and new cover.

#4. amen

Hear, hear.

I can only confirm almost everything you said.

#1. I use it also as a phone and have no complaints.

#2. is exactly what I thought after installing battery and new cover.

#4. amen

Batteries, even LiIon need a calibration once in a while and especially during the first charge. The instructions from Mugen to cycle them 4 or 5 times is a little extreme but I am going to do it anyway.

I have LiIon power tools and various portable analysis equipment for work and I always charge them for at least twice the recommended time on first charge and almost fully discharge them in normal use the first time, to calibrate the range for charging and find this method with occasional repeats during their usage will extend their normal time to hold a charge and overall lifespan. The most recent portable device I have purchased automatically runs this calibration cycle every few charges, i.e. automatically discharges the device in the charging dock before fully charging it. Pretty much agrees with my common practice.

I hope this helps you get the most out of your portable devices.

Guest serialkillazzs
Newby to this forum stuff, have photos of the TG01 with 2600mA setup and tried to upload the images to this forum site, don't know yet if the images are uploaded?

that's the 2600mm thought it looked like the 3900mah one

anyone got a real life picture of 3900