Photo

mugen batteries tg01 1300mah/2600/3900!!!!!!!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

serialkillazzs

serialkillazzs

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts
im quite interested in 2600 version

if anyone can post me charge times and batery life for this one once cycled much appreciated

GabbaGabbaHey

GabbaGabbaHey

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Devices:Sony Xperia Z Ultra
I know that it's the other end of the spectrum, but has anybody had any experience with this replacement battery? At £8.99 delivered for an 1100mAh battery, it looks like a cheap way to deal with the standard 1000mAh going flat.

1100mAh battery on eBay for £8.99

The Mugen batteries are nice, but very expensive accessories for a £150 phone.

--
Philip

David Strange

David Strange

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Interests:Wine and food.
  • Devices:Xperia X1, Toshiba TG01
  • Twitter:@elitistreview
I received a 2600mAh Mugen battery on Saturday. I am now on the second of the recommended 4-5 charge/discharge cycles to prepare the battery for general use. Certainly the 'pregnancy bulge' back cover that comes with it does ruin the good looks of the TG01, but the incredible battery life, even on my first full charge, was very satisfying. This will serve me well, I feel.

Cheers,
David.

adzman808

adzman808

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Devices:Dell Streak TG01 HD2 CBR600RR7
  • Twitter:@adzman808
i bought the 1300 version - so my tosh still looks slim...

witth the oem battery i couldn't quite get a typical day out of it...

my typical day =

- music 30-45min
- wifi 30-45min
- calls <10mins
- sms <15

i've now finished the 5 full charges* & am running the 1300 & (based on the above usage) it now lasts slightly longer than my whole day.

TBH i should of bought the 2600......... i'm happy that my phone is still slim, but the moment that i have a heavy usage day, my battery wont last & i'll be back in the same boat as the std battery.... (although at least i have the std one as a spare)

in short =

my 1300 takes around 3 hrs to charge from 'recharge batt' warning msg to fully fuelled

the 1300 is 30% lager than the std battery - i'd say it lasts 30% longer ;-)

i once killed the std batt in <4 hrs, so i could easily kill the 1300 in 5.... ie its still not really enough juice...

in my final analysis,

the 1300 is a tangible improvement over std & keeps the oem looks & std case/cover fitments BUT the 1300 wont change your life in terms of power longevity & you'll still gonna need to take a charger with you if you're out & about longer than a day or like to chat** & surf a lot....

cheers

*i might have fuct this up a bit because i had to hard reset my phone (nothing to do with batt - was fcukin about with changing the defaut SIP) halfway thru the second full charge & the net result of the resulting rebuild was that the phone was on USB long enough for batt to charge from 1/2 full when i was suppsoed to let it completely run down... perhaps its doesn't matter... i really should have swapped back to the oem batt for the rebuild.... c0ck !!!

**much like yorkie the TG01 isn't for girls :) B) :D B)

===============================================================================

Cheers

- Toshiba TG01
- HTC HD2
- Dell Streak
- CBR600RR7

such a noob, i'm greener than the android icon!!

adzman808

adzman808

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Devices:Dell Streak TG01 HD2 CBR600RR7
  • Twitter:@adzman808

I know that it's the other end of the spectrum, but has anybody had any experience with this replacement battery? At £8.99 delivered for an 1100mAh battery, it looks like a cheap way to deal with the standard 1000mAh going flat.

1100mAh battery on eBay for £8.99

The Mugen batteries are nice, but very expensive accessories for a £150 phone.

nope no experience at all.

But

I have the mugen 1300 & based on my experiences of the 1300 you really wont notice any diff between std & the 1100 (unless ur std batt is very naff...)

i mean if the std batt lasts 4hrs 0mins hrs of hard usage - then the 1100 will last approx 4hrs 24mins

the 1300 mugen is under £20 delivered to the UK, & offers 3 times the upgrade of the 1100 for twice as much cost... you pays ya money... you takes ya choice...

Cheers
A

===============================================================================

Cheers

- Toshiba TG01
- HTC HD2
- Dell Streak
- CBR600RR7

such a noob, i'm greener than the android icon!!

David Strange

David Strange

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Interests:Wine and food.
  • Devices:Xperia X1, Toshiba TG01
  • Twitter:@elitistreview
Morning all,

I'm still in the process of going through recommended 4-5 charge/discharge cycles (these are very important but never let the battery go totally flat) with my new Mugen 2600mAh battery. I cannot say the resultant bulge on my TG01 as a consequence of using a larger, more powerful battery is beautifully bulbous, it looks a bit silly really, but the battery longevity my phone has displayed these past few days has been totally brilliant. I don't have to worry if I've listened to music over my bluetooth headset for too long, this battery powers them for much longer than I want to listen to music when trekking around London. Similarly, WiFi and 3/3.5G connections don't suck the batteries dry in the embarrassingly short space of time the TG01's standard battery lasted when connected. With this battery it is possible to do serious interwebbing, gaming or video-action without having to keep a close eye on the battery meter.

A 2600mAh battery makes the TG01 a truly 'active all day' convergent device, and as a consequence of that I would not hesitate to recommend them.

Cheers,
David.

gds

gds

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:Toshiba TG01
God Morning to all,

I'm using a 2600mAh mugen batterie since one week and the device has now past the 2 loading process. The 1st days was so nice. Handset working from saturday morning till wednesday evening without extra charging. Right now I'm in holydays so only 3 or 4 calls a day, some minuts internet, loooing for mails and a lot ebook reading and listen to music. Total using time nearby 24 hours. This looks great and I looking forward to 1st working days with this bat.

Also Mugen in HongKong has a great service, fast delievery and tracking of the part. They sended me the cover in wrong colour. 1 mail to them and they already shipped a new one.

Anybody knows a cover that will fit with the new thickness of TG01 with the bigger batt? The silicon one still covering the device but looking **it.

regards

gerd ;)

serialkillazzs

serialkillazzs

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts
post a few pictures guys in real time not mugen battery or youtube video, just to see what these babies are like in the wild

Mickh

Mickh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

post a few pictures guys in real time not mugen battery or youtube video, just to see what these babies are like in the wild

Newby to this forum stuff, have photos of the TG01 with 2600mA setup and tried to upload the images to this forum site, don't know yet if the images are uploaded?
My comments on fitting the Mugen 2600 are:
1) Battery life now 3 to 4 days - this makes the phone a usable device for email, browsing, general windows document work, music and video; same about the fact that the device is useless as a phone.
2) The larger size actually improves the feel of the device and being thicke is easier to pick up from a flat surface without dropping it. The slimline original was too thin, in my view. The thicker version is easier to handle and hold.
3) The overall weigh of the device is now 163g
4) Service from Mugen Hong Kong was extremely efficient and fast, I would recommend them.

I hope this info is of use to someone out there.

Attached Files

mkultr4

mkultr4

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Morning all,

I'm still in the process of going through recommended 4-5 charge/discharge cycles (these are very important but never let the battery go totally flat) with my new Mugen 2600mAh battery. I cannot say the resultant bulge on my TG01 as a consequence of using a larger, more powerful battery is beautifully bulbous, it looks a bit silly really, but the battery longevity my phone has displayed these past few days has been totally brilliant. I don't have to worry if I've listened to music over my bluetooth headset for too long, this battery powers them for much longer than I want to listen to music when trekking around London. Similarly, WiFi and 3/3.5G connections don't suck the batteries dry in the embarrassingly short space of time the TG01's standard battery lasted when connected. With this battery it is possible to do serious interwebbing, gaming or video-action without having to keep a close eye on the battery meter.

A 2600mAh battery makes the TG01 a truly 'active all day' convergent device, and as a consequence of that I would not hesitate to recommend them.

Cheers,
David.

Hello David,

I have just purchased a mugen battery and read the info sheet. I was always under the impression lithium ion batteries had no memory and did not need prepairing for for full use. Can you shed any light on why this is necessary. I have numerous li-ion power tools and never charged them for long periods of time as the manufacturer claimed it is not needed.

thanks,
mkultr4

pcmarcel

pcmarcel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

1) Battery life now 3 to 4 days - this makes the phone a usable device for email, browsing, general windows document work, music and video; same about the fact that the device is useless as a phone.
2) The larger size actually improves the feel of the device and being thicke is easier to pick up from a flat surface without dropping it. The slimline original was too thin, in my view. The thicker version is easier to handle and hold.
4) Service from Mugen Hong Kong was extremely efficient and fast, I would recommend them.

Hear, hear.
I can only confirm almost everything you said.
#1. I use it also as a phone and have no complaints.
#2. is exactly what I thought after installing battery and new cover.
#4. amen

Mickh

Mickh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Hear, hear.
I can only confirm almost everything you said.
#1. I use it also as a phone and have no complaints.
#2. is exactly what I thought after installing battery and new cover.
#4. amen

Batteries, even LiIon need a calibration once in a while and especially during the first charge. The instructions from Mugen to cycle them 4 or 5 times is a little extreme but I am going to do it anyway.
I have LiIon power tools and various portable analysis equipment for work and I always charge them for at least twice the recommended time on first charge and almost fully discharge them in normal use the first time, to calibrate the range for charging and find this method with occasional repeats during their usage will extend their normal time to hold a charge and overall lifespan. The most recent portable device I have purchased automatically runs this calibration cycle every few charges, i.e. automatically discharges the device in the charging dock before fully charging it. Pretty much agrees with my common practice.
I hope this helps you get the most out of your portable devices.

serialkillazzs

serialkillazzs

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Newby to this forum stuff, have photos of the TG01 with 2600mA setup and tried to upload the images to this forum site, don't know yet if the images are uploaded?

that's the 2600mm thought it looked like the 3900mah one

anyone got a real life picture of 3900

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users