SPB Mobile Shell v.3.5.3

Guest force of nature 1985

Guest .:stn:.
how was it? does it lags?

lags? and what lag is? :) with spb the only issue is you need to wait a half of sec for icons to appear when you switch form panels to ading shortcuts. Generally fast as hell. Recommend theĀ  PRO view, standard looks a bit.. i don't even know how to call it cheap maybe. Nevertheless try, really good performance.

waahh. sounds good. =)

so i just need to download the cab and install? what is the recommend place to install it? in the storage card, storage or device?

any special procedures i need to take care of? im kinda new to this.

also i have seen this

MSkip ProPlus UltimateV2 for Spb Mobile Shell 3.5.3

MSkip ProPlus Elegance for Spb Mobile Shell 3.5.3

MSkip ProPlus UltimateElegance for Spb Mobile Shell 3.5.3

what are the difference? all looks the same to me.

Guest .:stn:.
waahh. sounds good. =)

so i just need to download the cab and install? what is the recommend place to install it? in the storage card, storage or device?

MSkip ProPlus UltimateV2 for Spb Mobile Shell 3.5.3

MSkip ProPlus Elegance for Spb Mobile Shell 3.5.3

MSkip ProPlus UltimateElegance for Spb Mobile Shell 3.5.3

what are the difference? all looks the same to me.

yep, download, install (no matter where I guess) and pay for the licence [; 'cause it's 30 day trial

the files you enumerated AFAIK are diffrent "skins" to the shell

Guest darknessviking

I uninstalled spb pretty quick,it slowed down the mobile too much,and the phone kept saying it ran out of memory all the time .. so..

bah.

in my opinion mostly eyecandy without any substance...correct me if im wrong

I uninstalled spb pretty quick,it slowed down the mobile too much,and the phone kept saying it ran out of memory all the time .. so..

bah.

in my opinion mostly eyecandy without any substance...correct me if im wrong

to save some RAM

open your regeditor

go to HKLM/software/microsoft/today and give "enabled" value "1"

your startup will increase if im correct cus instead of loading today screen it will load SPB but the main advantage is it will give you about 5-10MB of RAM :)

Guest sadhaka
to save some RAM

open your regeditor

go to HKLM/software/microsoft/today and give "enabled" value "1"

your startup will increase if im correct cus instead of loading today screen it will load SPB but the main advantage is it will give you about 5-10MB of RAM :)

Just a wee correction, you have to set the value to "0"

Hope this helps

Guest anshkhanna

Hope this helps

SPB MS IMO is the best option available for Omnia Pro. The only word of caution is to use version 3.0.1 and not 3.5...3.5 is lagging while 3.0.1 is instantaneous. I upgraded to 3.5 then went back to 3.0.1.

Some people in Spb forums (http://www.spbclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30543) are saying 3.5 is slow for people who have lots of appointments etc. in their calendar. Don't know...but I guess SPB will fix it soon. In the mean time load version 3.0.1 and enjoy. Its way better than Titanium or Samsung UI.

thanks everyone for replying.

hmm. im interested in the 3.5. maybe i try the 3.5 1st and if cant then i downgrade to 3.01.

im also interested in the OpenGL ES 3D drivers, v1 compatibility layer by chainfire and GinKage. does it affect 3.01?

Edited by force of nature 1985

thanks everyone for replying.

hmm. im interested in the 3.5. maybe i try the 3.5 1st and if cant then i downgrade to 3.01.

im also interested in the OpenGL ES 3D drivers, v1 compatibility layer by chainfire and GinKage. does it affect 3.01?

it does indeed, it makes the carousel slower :) ..very laggy

but even if you install the openGL v1 you'd first have to enable it...

(hklm/software/spb house 2/GL/ enable GL "1"... sumtin liek that it was)

oh btw im talkin about 3.5.3 but i guess it applies for 3.01, some one who can verify this?

it does indeed, it makes the carousel slower :) ..very laggy

but even if you install the openGL v1 you'd first have to enable it...

(hklm/software/spb house 2/GL/ enable GL "1"... sumtin liek that it was)

oh btw im talkin about 3.5.3 but i guess it applies for 3.01, some one who can verify this?

ok i installed 3.5.3 and then teh elegance pro plus. works great. i find no lag at all.

but one think i do notice is that after all my customization, i onli left with 20 over mb. if i remember correctly i had 50 plus before install spb... it really too up alot of ram i guess..

anyone know how to free up rams?

ok i installed 3.5.3 and then teh elegance pro plus. works great. i find no lag at all.

but one think i do notice is that after all my customization, i onli left with 20 over mb. if i remember correctly i had 50 plus before install spb... it really too up alot of ram i guess..

anyone know how to free up rams?

remove elegance. ms doesn't use too much memory itself but all the skins do it.

remove elegance. ms doesn't use too much memory itself but all the skins do it.

awwnn. but i like elegance. it upgrade the ms to a whole new level. =)

i checked the task manager.

spb mobile uses around 10mb. and i think it need more ram to work with all the custom settings. of course elegance takes up more than the original. so maybe around 15mb for me..

[for your information] -> i found out that the weather widgets in the elegance causes some memory leakage... over prolong time i onli left with 8mb. so i decide to remove all the weather widgets. and now i i stay at ard 35~40 mb.

in the end i download cleanRAM and do a lvl 2 clean up and it saves onli 0.16mb... anyone know of other cleaner that can do a better job? thanks

there is no such thing as "ram cleaner" or "ram defragger".

it's impossible, it doens't exist. nor on pocket pc, nor on PC

oh ok... so u mean all those stuff on the market are useless ar?

Edited by force of nature 1985

I use SPB MS 3.5.3, and I rarely get any warnings on low memory. I have the performance settings on High ( always ), and use FreeRam en AutoClean from SKtools on a regular basis. I recommend installing SKtools ( freeware, google and find it :) ) and use it now and then. It cleans up your ram just enough to keep the warnings away.

Didn't try with OpenGL drivers, since the last time I tested ( on WinMo 6.1 with SPB MS 3.5.1 ) it didn't improve the performance. Maybe it does now, but I rather doubt it B).

I use SPB MS 3.5.3, and I rarely get any warnings on low memory. I have the performance settings on High ( always ), and use FreeRam en AutoClean from SKtools on a regular basis. I recommend installing SKtools ( freeware, google and find it :) ) and use it now and then. It cleans up your ram just enough to keep the warnings away.

Didn't try with OpenGL drivers, since the last time I tested ( on WinMo 6.1 with SPB MS 3.5.1 ) it didn't improve the performance. Maybe it does now, but I rather doubt it B).

alrighty. thanks alot. will try sktools.

did u get the 3d carousel working without the open gl drivers?

alrighty. thanks alot. will try sktools.

did u get the 3d carousel working without the open gl drivers?

it works but youll have to enable it yourself..[hklm/software/spb house 2/gl/ opengl] sumtin like that it was...

the problem is the fps...VERY laggy...almost unusable....

it works but youll have to enable it yourself..[hklm/software/spb house 2/gl/ opengl] sumtin like that it was...

roger. guess i shd leave it off then. thanks.

• 3 months later...
Guest Trekman168

Hope this helps

i also use spb mobile shell3.5.3 and it ate up a big chunk of my ram. so thanks for this tweak! :huh:

Guest drwakey

Yeah, it's realy quite laggy, but for me it's not unusable.

Guest qquixx

Hi guys,

I'm a newbie and I just got my first WinMobile phone (B7610). I installed SPB Mobile Shell v.3.5.3, and I like the faster response time compared to the Samsung UI. However, I lost the SMS threaded feature when accessing the SMS from SPB Shell. Is there any available workaround for this? Thanks.

Hi guys,

I'm a newbie and I just got my first WinMobile phone (B7610). I installed SPB Mobile Shell v.3.5.3, and I like the faster response time compared to the Samsung UI. However, I lost the SMS threaded feature when accessing the SMS from SPB Shell. Is there any available workaround for this? Thanks.

you can set a shortcut icon to access the threaded sms.

if u are talking abt the 3d viewer then i dun think there is a workaround for this.

Guest qquixx
you can set a shortcut icon to access the threaded sms.

if u are talking abt the 3d viewer then i dun think there is a workaround for this.

how do you edit the link to change for the shortcut icon? The default action only allows me to choose between: open 3D viewer and open messaging client.

Edited by qquixx