Updating ROM via Samsung Site

Guest kersey

Having previously owned an Omnia I900 I am curious as to whether you can use service codes to trick the O2 into thinking it’s from Singapore instead of the UK as you could with the Omnia and therefore update the official roms via the Samsung website.

Does anyone know if this is possible??

Having previously owned an Omnia I900 I am curious as to whether you can use service codes to trick the O2 into thinking it’s from Singapore instead of the UK as you could with the Omnia and therefore update the official roms via the Samsung website.

Does anyone know if this is possible??

No problem guys, found another this on another thread:

1 ) On your keypad input *#1546792*#

2 ) Select [Preconfiguration]

3 ) Enter code *#81230*# and select [OK]

4 ) Select [What ever your location]

5 ) Choose accept for device to Hard-Reset

6 ) Flash to the official ROM.

So I assume after changing the region I can update from the official site as per the original Omnia.

Guest Miguel Singson
No problem guys, found another this on another thread:

1 ) On your keypad input *#1546792*#

2 ) Select [Preconfiguration]

3 ) Enter code *#81230*# and select [OK]

4 ) Select [What ever your location]

5 ) Choose accept for device to Hard-Reset

6 ) Flash to the official ROM.

So I assume after changing the region I can update from the official site as per the original Omnia.

kersey just curious, did this work for you? want to give it a try but want to see you results first before hard resetting my phone again for the nth time :)

• 1 year later...
Guest Scott in Miami

Hello Kersey,

Did you ever have success with this? Were you able to connect with NPS and upgrade your ROM with Singapore Site? I would like to know since my phone's Rom was changed by repair man to HongKong Rom and now NPS says that no upgrade is available. I would like to try this before I try to flash Rom by myself if it has low risk of damaging my Omnia II.

Thanks

Scott