Mobile Phone Insurance

Guest Jonnyw2k

Guest awarner (MVP)

A lot of people usually have insurance as part of their contract with their network, normally it's around £5 a month.

Service quality depends on the network but most are fairly good.

Other option is to contact your home insurance supplier and see if you are already covered. Only downside is unlike the network's system where they can normally give you a replacement swap home insurance will not offer this so you will have a wait between devices or money to buy a new device etc.

Guest Jonnyw2k

OK, Well my current handset is with phonesafe (T-Mobile's insurance people). I wasn't sure if I was able to take out a policy as I didn't take out the phone with T-Mobile, as it was bought SIM free.

I know my mums house insurance covers my phone, as my sister had hers stolen from an unlocked staff room but at the time o2 wouldn't accept the claim due to the room being unlocked, so she had it replaced under the house insurance. Its just I don't think mummy would be to happy if I put her premium up by losing/breaking my phone.

Guest awarner (MVP)

as you did not buy the phone directly from your network they may not give you insurance, worth giving them a call as they may be able to point you in the right direction.