I did it... I bought one

Guest Jonnyw2k

Guest Jonnyw2k

He just ordered mine so should be with me "soon" was a bit of a scary leap, as I'm still using my nokia n95 (after I couldn't get on with my omnia). So I was just wondering where i should get started with the whole android thing :)

Guest Mantisen
He just ordered mine so should be with me "soon" was a bit of a scary leap, as I'm still using my nokia n95 (after I couldn't get on with my omnia). So I was just wondering where i should get started with the whole android thing :)

Well this forum is a good start (I would say), but other than that I would recommend http://www.youtube.com/googlenexusone and to get a kick start you could perhaps sift through the Nexus One User Guide (link posted by TonyL in an earlier post).

But really, android is simple (as seen here: http://blogs.sonyericsson.com/products/201...avorite-phone/), it's all about learning by doing imo. Won't take you long and when you want to dive in deeper with rooting etc. there's an ocean or two of information on these forums, xda-devs forums and loads of other sites. :)

And if you do run into problem with the phone there's so many helpful users on these forums that it'll probably be solved in a matter of minutes :)

Edited by Mantisen

Guest LadFromWales

Ordered today also at 00:17!

Card was declined by my card issuer because they thought the transaction was fraud. Updated card details after ringing them, now stuck on the dreaded "Credit card declined - Retry in progress" state, which apparently doesn't change until it's been shipped! Payment was authorised in the early hours of this morning, hoping it'll be show as being shipped later tonight :)

Guest Jonnyw2k

Yeh I heard so much about the whole Credit Cards getting stuck I decided to use my debit card to speed things along abit, still not shipped but its about midday in America. So hoping it gets picked up today.

Guest squirreleater
Ordered today also at 00:17!

Card was declined by my card issuer because they thought the transaction was fraud. Updated card details after ringing them, now stuck on the dreaded "Credit card declined - Retry in progress" state, which apparently doesn't change until it's been shipped! Payment was authorised in the early hours of this morning, hoping it'll be show as being shipped later tonight :)

Mine sat for over 24 hours before actually flagging up as shipping, apparently it is having a 6 hour breather at Indianapolis at the moment.....

Guest Jonnyw2k
Mine sat for over 24 hours before actually flagging up as shipping, apparently it is having a 6 hour breather at Indianapolis at the moment.....

Mines been 22hours 36mins

Guest Jonnyw2k
Google Phone Webstore shipped your order. !

/me hopes that Jonnyw2k chimes in with a similar comment :)

NOOO!!! i just checked an nooo :)

where is the justice lol

Its probably sat at the back of a crate (first on, last off) as they're scanning the boxes into the van(lets hope lol)

PS btw i now hate you lol

PPS much love

Edited by Jonnyw2k

Guest LadFromWales

After you used a debit card n all!

Was the same on launch day with engraved handsets shipping earlier than plain ones!

It's not even 4pm there yet, so maybe it'll be out today :) Checked on Google Checkout?

Having checked DHL again just now, I can see that they picked it up at 18:30, Plainfield, IN.

Now that you hate me that's not so much of a burden :)

Though I hope yours has been picked up too! :)

Guest squirreleater

Well at this rate your two phones will overtake mine! It hasn't moved for nearly 12 hours, basically was taken to indianapolis and that seems to be it, hasn't budged since 2.00pm today.......Boo

You can bet I'm out of the office for two hours first thing tomorrow- it'll turn up! sent via concorde specially!

Guest LadFromWales
Where is yours according to the tracking?

It's not clear that it's gone anywhere yet, though it has been picked up.

6:30 pm Departing origin. Northeast Indianapolis, IN

Picked Up by DHL.

I notice that some people were even checking flights?!

Guest squirreleater
It's not clear that it's gone anywhere yet, though it has been picked up.

6:30 pm Departing origin. Northeast Indianapolis, IN

Picked Up by DHL.

I notice that some people were even checking flights?!

Same as mine, only mine was a few hours earlier ( 2.00pm)

Guest LadFromWales

So they have to travel from Plainfield, IN to Cincinnati, CA before flying? CA is two hours behind IN!

It's doubtful my phone will be on that plane surely...

Guest Jonnyw2k

Hmm true, I dont care much about american geography lol i thought america was only 6/7/8 hours behind (making my assumption put google's -0800 on the west coast)

Guest Jonnyw2k

I officially hate that linux website that just sent me an email! I think im gonna surrender and go to bed its 5pm now in America, lets just hope they are just being lazy on the admin side but logistically they are sound! :)

I also hate youtube for emailing me whislt writing this lol.

Guest LadFromWales

1/21/2010 8:46 am Depart Facility Cincinnati Hub, OH, too :)

2:24 am Processed at DHL Location. Cincinnati Hub, OH, processed earlier than yours, near as makes no difference...our phones left at the same time! :)

Hope they are on that flight and out for delivery tomorrow! 11:58 That plane should touch down...

Edited by LadFromWales