I did it... I bought one

Guest Jonnyw2k

Guest LadFromWales

Mines waiting for m at home. Came at 1225 :)

Either of you got yours?

Itching to get home!

Typing from my Magic...

EDIT: Home now, had a look, took some pics to make a mate jealous, got it on charge using a 1A USB adaptor. While I'm waiting for green, I'm copying all my stuff from the card in my Magic so I can use it's card...it's my only 8GB class 6 :)

Prob be another 30 mins before I hit the POWER!

Edited by LadFromWales

Guest LadFromWales

Mines DOA! :)

Charged until green, powered up, did initial config, looked in settings, played with live wallpapers...froze. Soft resetting with power+voldown+ball does nothing.

Pull battery, battery back, not powering up, phone gets really warm.

Left it a few mins with battery off, it powered up, then locked up when entering PIN.

Sucks :)

Guest LadFromWales

About an hour n a half or so mine took. And then less than 5 mins of joy while whizzing around in aww over how fast it was compared to the Magic.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Stea1thmode
all goign well you should have it by friday

Thanks for the reassurance :D , all of a sudden my Hero dont seem so precious anymore ;)

Edited by Stea1thmode

Guest Stea1thmode
all goign well you should have it by friday

WTH!!! Just contacted DHL, they informed me that it still needs to be cleard through customs.

just my luck, Jonnyw2k we were so right.

Guest Evil Kaz

Ordered mine this morning, and i've already checked the order status page about 10 times :D . Why the hell hasn't anyone invented replicators yet?? ;)

So about 4-5 working days for delivery then?

Guest Stea1thmode
Ordered mine this morning, and i've already checked the order status page about 10 times :D . Why the hell hasn't anyone invented replicators yet?? ;)

So about 4-5 working days for delivery then?

well, i ordered mine sunday evening and since this morning its been sitting in East Midlands waiting to be cleared by customs. :D What a bummer, i'm starting to accept that i may not even receive it by the end of tomorrow.

Hope your shipment is plain sailing :(

Guest Chicaned

Well I've just bought one. Had me Hero for 6-7 months and bought one of these. I feel sordid. My Hero was a great little phone, did I really need this? Couldn't help myself. 1 GHz processor yanks my crank ;)

Please be here soon!

Guest slyydrr
Well I've just bought one. Had me Hero for 6-7 months and bought one of these. I feel sordid. My Hero was a great little phone, did I really need this? Couldn't help myself. 1 GHz processor yanks my crank :D

Please be here soon!

I did the EXACT same thing. I bought my hero in the beginning of August and just now replaced it w/ my Nexus. If you're anything like me, once you have the device, your regrets will melt away ;)

Guest squirreleater
I did the EXACT same thing. I bought my hero in the beginning of August and just now replaced it w/ my Nexus. If you're anything like me, once you have the device, your regrets will melt away ;)

Same here, the N1 is worth the move IMO.

That said, they are now running 2.1 on the Hero and is very nice- my mate has my old phone and is loving it, stopped using his much loved jesus phone- well done that Hero!

Guest Chicaned

Day 2 of still feeling ashamed of buying this.

Is it easy enough to transfer my apps and games to the new phone? Is it just the case of entering my Google account info and redownloading everything?

Guest surfsmurf
Well I've just bought one. Had me Hero for 6-7 months and bought one of these. I feel sordid. My Hero was a great little phone, did I really need this? Couldn't help myself. 1 GHz processor yanks my crank ;)

Please be here soon!

I know how you feel, I went through the same thing. But when I finally held the N1 in my hand all my doubts evaporated. It's a fantastic device, really in a different league (not knocking the Hero which my wife now loves to bits).

Guest masterpfa

Slightly off topic, what is the general opinion on the NX1 in use, I think the VAT etc is small price to pay for such a phone especially at the price Google are selling SIM Free

Guest Evil Kaz
Slightly off topic, what is the general opinion on the NX1 in use, I think the VAT etc is small price to pay for such a phone especially at the price Google are selling SIM Free

I agree, the total cost is still less than an iPhone 3GS which is 8 months old and even if you compare it to other Android handsets like the Milestone, there not much difference in sim-free price.

My N1 is in the UK now, so i hope have it by Mon/Tues i just had a few questions if anyone could help:

1. I havn't ordered a UK charger, can i one of those shaver converter plugs?

2. I've read the sticky about unlocking the bootloader, but wasn't clear on the warranty thing. If i unlock the bootloader will my phone be void from the 2 year warranty? Or is it like jailbreaking an iphone and you can revert to stock before sending it back for repair?

3. Whats the quality of the included headphones?

Thanks

Guest DistortedLoop
2. I've read the sticky about unlocking the bootloader, but wasn't clear on the warranty thing. If i unlock the bootloader will my phone be void from the 2 year warranty? Or is it like jailbreaking an iphone and you can revert to stock before sending it back for repair?

Everything I've read indicates there is currently no known method of re-locking your bootloader, so it's not like an iPhone where you always have the option of flashing an Apple ROM from itunes and going back to "virgin". You can reflash a Google stock ROM, but the bootloader remains unlocked, and displays the unlock icon on bootup.

As for the included headphones, I forgot it even comes with them! I've been using my Apple in-ears and Etymotics HF5s.