Phone Number Format

Guest Tweedledum

Guest Tweedledum

Hi everybody,

Sorry if this is covered in a different thread, I had a search and couldn't find it. My Liquid always displays phone numbers in American format (xxx-xxx-xxx) which I'm finding realy annoying! Does anyone know of a way to make it display either unformatted (xxxxxxxxxxx) or in UK format ((00000)000000) and save my sanity?

Cheers!

T

Hi everybody,

Sorry if this is covered in a different thread, I had a search and couldn't find it. My Liquid always displays phone numbers in American format (xxx-xxx-xxx) which I'm finding realy annoying! Does anyone know of a way to make it display either unformatted (xxxxxxxxxxx) or in UK format ((00000)000000) and save my sanity?

Cheers!

T

this has been answered by myself today, change locale

Guest Tweedledum

Thanks for the help goa200, but if I change the locale then it changes the interface language. I still need the interface in english, but I want actual english phone numbers not American.

Thanks for the help goa200, but if I change the locale then it changes the interface language. I still need the interface in english, but I want actual english phone numbers not American.

like i said change locale, language en and country uk and problem solved.

American aint the only country in the world that speaks english =)

Guest Tweedledum

Hi goa2000, sorry I think I must be being stupid! I got to Settings -> Locale and Text -> Select Locale -> English. There aren't any English variants listed under Select Locale and I can't find separate Language and Country settings! The other locale options I have are Android Keyboard, Linpus Russian Keyboard and User Dictionary.

Sorry again if I'm being a total moron!

Cheers!

T

Guest pete.major
Hi goa2000, sorry I think I must be being stupid! I got to Settings -> Locale and Text -> Select Locale -> English. There aren't any English variants listed under Select Locale and I can't find separate Language and Country settings! The other locale options I have are Android Keyboard, Linpus Russian Keyboard and User Dictionary.

Sorry again if I'm being a total moron!

Cheers!

T

I have the same problem... I downloaded an app from the market that allows you to set the locale manually - it's called "MoreLocale 2" i think

It then shows the phone number without any brackers

Guest Andy__P
Hi everybody,

Cheers!

T

I'm from Austria, but set my phone to english so i noticed that too.

So i always save my contacts with the country code included ie: +4366000000. That way it doesn't show the dashes.

Guest scrap2434

No Australia in there by default.

So just an FYI to the Aussies.....

Start up the app, hit menu and go to custom locale and put in

en for ISO639

AU for ISO3166

Guest pete.major

en for ISO639

AU for ISO3166

Yep, and if you're in the UK its:

en

GB

Guest Joshuah

en for ISO639

AU for ISO3166

Perfect, thank you !!

my question is, how would you set it up so it does spaces between digits, i.e. xx xxxx xxxx (land lines) or XXXX XXX XXX (mobiles)

Guest Uberadri

Thank you! More Locale 2 fixed the number formatting instantly!

But does anybody know if it will stick after i uninstall the app (its work is done) and reboot? Running low on storage, keeping apps at a minimum. :) maybe I'll just try.

Guest Joshuah
Thank you! More Locale 2 fixed the number formatting instantly!

But does anybody know if it will stick after i uninstall the app (its work is done) and reboot? Running low on storage, keeping apps at a minimum. :) maybe I'll just try.

Let everyone know the outcome :)

Guest Uberadri

Figured out if you don't want random apps (Youtube app and others) to display some menus in your locale language (want all in English), but still want right number format, you can set ISO639 to "en" and ISO3166 to your locale.

does the accer weather app crash every time now after changing to costume local??

I just wanna get rid of those dashes, i tried en / pt or en / gb and crashes every time..

It looks that the application only acepts preset locales :s ..

Edited by disc0

Bump on my question!!

does the accer weather app crash every time now after changing to costume local??

I just wanna get rid of those dashes, i tried en / pt or en / gb and crashes every time..

It looks that the application only acepts preset locales :s ..

Guest Mythrix

Thanks to pete.major from me too! MoreLocale 2 also fixed the first day of the week in the calendar, now Monday is finally the first day of week instead of Sunday! :)

And Market actually switched to my language too. Although neither the GUI or any of the other apps I've tried yet did. I guess some apps have one version which includes all language, while other apps need language-specific versions. *shrugs*

Edit: Hmm, some app (more specifically, Useful Switchers) seemed to stop working after I changed the locale, even after I tried removing it and reinstalling it. Too bad. B) I guess I'll just have to look for another similar app...

Edited by Mythrix

Guest dawabz94
en/fr? what locale is that? it looks like english/french LOL

YYyyyess !

I'm ouest-african,french nationality,live in france and set all my devices to english,use english in my everyday work life

and "speak" english most of the time in my "web-life"

so , english/french is fine form me :), only needed to get rid of the "-" that were automatically added while dialing a number

thanks all for this forum !