Hard Resetting

Guest Kriplex

Guest Kriplex

Hi,

i know this prob has been discussed before.. i have been looking for methods..

i cant seem to get hard resetting to work.

following scenarios i have tried

Volume up + Lock + Hole

Softreset release + Call + End

Wal + Lock + Softreset

and bunch

pls help me out here.. none of the above methods work..

thanks

Guest Kriplex

after i used your registry file.. to remove junk..

i got an error with cereg then.. nothing work.. no softreset, no hardreset, even in pc my pda doesnt get recognized.. cause i wanted to revert the settinigs with backup.. even i cannot do that

Guest b7610_fan

could you more describe your problem.

if you boot your pda.. what happens? do you get into windows mobile ? can you access menu start ?

did you tried closing cereg? sometimes it's connection with activesync doesn't get closed properly and prevent to activesync to get a new connection to the (re)-connected phone.

try close cereg with taskmanager, and reconnect your device.

Guest Kriplex

windows tells me.. one of the usb device has been malfunctioned..

what is soo bad in your reg keys that can be soo destructive, which i cannot explain myself.. these keys are harmless

Guest Kriplex

okay..

when i open my pda ..

it shows samsung logo .. then the blue samsung logo.. after this its all blank screen..

beside hardreset i cannot do much.. which aint even working.

and when i plug my cable or psu.. it shows battery meter.. which works too.. that it is loading etc.

Guest b7610_fan

try connecting on an other usb port?

none, they are harmless. It could be you misspelled something. like, if you misspell htmlnote.dll you will be unable to load your sms / email.

and so on. but none of these regs would disable or harm the booting procedure.

Guest b7610_fan

if it shows battery loader, you can reflash? ( octans )

about the usb port , try reboting, maybe the usb port driver on XP crash? ( cable wasn't connected properly or something ? )

Guest Kriplex

it still says unknown device, driver installation failed, even though it did work half hour ago.. so whenever i reinstall mobile device center .. it wont install driver.. when i plug.. unknown device.. it says if it doesnt work.. replace the device

ok.. im using windows 7 btw.

Guest Kriplex
if it shows battery loader, you can reflash? ( octans )

about the usb port , try reboting, maybe the usb port driver on XP crash? ( cable wasn't connected properly or something ? )

yes it shows battery loader,

i tried reboot.. didnt fixed the problem.. i even reinstalled mobile device center.. didnt even work.. it still says unknown device.. device malfunctioned etc..

i havent tried octans.. if i cannot even get the pda recognized.. reflashing wont work..

Guest b7610_fan

I think you are using windows 7 x64.

when your phone is off and you connect your device, and it shows the battery loader icon.. at that moment your device is in a special mode 'ready to get flashed'

windows 7 x64 doens't have a driver for it. (for this special mode)

try with octans, on windows XP

step 0 is the special 'mode' ready for flash. the OS needs another driver for it. and that driver doesn't work on wndows x64.

so you must use XP 32bit.

from: http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...g-rom-on-i8000/

Flashing Procedure

The following steps are as suggested by Sorg, there are other procedures which may differ a little (such as not turning the phone off) that still works but this one I've been using and tested myself and always fine:

0) Make sure to install (or to have installed already) the Samsung_CDMA_modem_4_1_.34.zip driver.

1) Make sure your phone is not connected to your PC; if it is, disconnect it.

2) Make sure to Turn off your phone.

3) Start OCTANS and fill required fields/checkboxes (MORE DETAILS BELOW on How to use Octans Downloader)

4) Press "Detect" button.

5) Connect Phone to computer (make sure phone was turned off before connecting) IMPORTANT: don't connect trough USB hub.

6) As OCTANS detect phone, press the "Start" button.

7) Wait till whole operation end; the phone will restart itself once or twice to update everything then its ready to set up again.

Edited by b7610_fan

Guest Kriplex

Since i'm planning to move to Windows 7, i've tried OCTANS on one of my notebooks (Sony Vaio P90HS) with Win7.

It didn't take long time to figure out working method.

You have to follow guide precisely, otherwise it may not work!

1) download Windows XP x32 driver attached in this post.

2) Turn off your Omnia II

3) connect Omnia II to computer.

4) Go to device management console and update Samsung MITs driver with one you downloaded in (1). Make sure you didn't get error while updating driver.

5) Disconnect Omnia II from computer.

6) Grab any version of OCTANS (newer - better) and using right click menu open properties of OCTANS executable and set compatibility mode to Windows XP Service Pack 3

7) Start OCTANS and follow usual guide to flash your Omnia II.

I've tried it by myself and it's 100% working.

If it's not working for you then you did something wrong. Check my guide again more precisely and correct your mistakes.

For x64 perverts, there is X64 driver attached. Guide is exactly the same, but i didn't test it because i hate to deal with MS signature checks. Only real perverters love Windows x64 and its signature hell :)

X64 driver is not signed, so have a nice sex with WinX64. I know you like it :)

-----------------------------------------------------

the problem here is ..

4) Go to device management console and update Samsung MITs driver with one you downloaded in (1). Make sure you didn't get error while updating driver.

so the reflashing wont work.. because of this issue.. how can driver get changed if that samsung with driver isnt even recognized anymore?? .. damn why was i soo hurried to play with registry. the problem is registry is the core of pda.. so even if that has modified.. even hard reset wont solve this issue.. but honestly.. i havent changed a single s***.. took it and imported it.. so simple...

Guest Kriplex

when i put the charger cable to my pda it shows battery meter and it shows charging

when i put the usb cable and it shows battery meter without charging.. so the battery meter is only white.. no bars at all.. and it looks like its frozen.. any hints to this? or is my pda really defective?

Guest b7610_fan

the registry has nothing to do with the bootloader.

the registry has everything to do with windows mobile settings and booting of windows mobile.

but definitely not with the bootloader for flashing.

You tried it on another pc ?

your problem has nothing to do with the registry editing annymore. this is a malfunction.

did you flashed your device before?

what rom & csc & eboot did you use?

Edited by b7610_fan

Guest Kriplex

i havent tried on another pc before..

and never reflashed this pda.. wont do even.. its brand new.. received today.

i guess i will send this pda back for exchange .. i will not risk for reflashing .. to ruin it even more.

Guest b7610_fan

I have found a hard reset method on my phone.

device is off:

start it up by pressing "phone call end" long time..

if you see something on the screen, press the reset button and immediately:

w&l + lock button + phone call start + phone call end

keep them pressed in until it asks are you sure you want to format.

Guest b7610_fan

If it is brand new, I also would bring it back instead of trying to flash it.

If the hard reset isn't working & your device isn't recognised on a XP machine, I'm sure your device has a hardware malfunction.

I've edited the registry with those settings for allmost all my costumers.

Never had a single problem.

As mentioned before, the registry has nothing to do with the bootloader.

Edited by b7610_fan

Guest account2002
I have found a hard reset method on my phone.

device is off:

keep them pressed in until it asks are you sure you want to format.

It was decribed in post:

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?amp;showto...t&p=1140829

and next one below.

You have two similiar methods:

1. softreset with this keys pressed and held: w&l + lock button + phone call start + phone call end

or

2 simply turn off your phone, press "w&l + lock button + phone call start + phone call end" combination and hold it. Your phone will turn on and after a moment the "do you want to format" Question appears. You can now release all buttons and choose phone call start to format or phone call end to cancel. That's it.

For me it's working every time.

Edited by account2002

Guest Kriplex

PERFECT

this method works..

device is off:

nice one.. thanks alot ;-)

now i dont need to return this pda and wait.. i will install resco registry editor and do it manually just to be on safe side.. ;.)