• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

rj7855

rj7855

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Devices:N1, soon eee pad transformer

please, someone have a sbk file from brazil or argentina to get my 3g back, thanks

It´s simply not available (yet), once it leaked from Motorola you will have your 3G back in no-time

Midda

Midda

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Motorola Milestone
I cannot get RSD Lite to detect my phone for the life of me. I've spent 6 hours tonight trying to get drivers to install, but no matter what I do, when I reboot the phone into the bootloader, my PC just complains that it's an unregognized device. I'm running Windows 7 64bit, so I've installed the 64bit drivers, and everything works great when the phone is actually on. My computer installed a bunch of drivers for the phone, but as soon as I reboot into the bootloader, it just starts complaining again. I've tried this on 2 different Windows 7 64bit machines, one 32bit Windows 7 machine and a 32bit XP machine. All of them get the same results. The only logical thing I can think of is that I'm doing something wrong, because everywhere I've read, nobody seems to have any issues, but try as I might, I end up getting nowhere. Any ideas?

EDIT: Nevermind. A few more reboots, and it has miraculously started working. No idea what I did, but it's flashing now.

Edited by Midda, 27 January 2010 - 03:24 PM.

ForeverMan

ForeverMan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:milestone
its there a way to change it to portuguese (brasil ) ?

I dont know if its just me, but the signal is now weak

the rest its ok, I had to root it again but no problems

ratcom

ratcom

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy Nexus - Vodafone
  • Twitter:@ratcom
ok this is really starting to do my head in.... yep I cannot get the drivers to install for love or money :) tried on 3 machine one of which is a xp machine

Ive managed to get windows to show a device called A853 which shows no drivers when I plug in my milestone in bootload mode but when I select any of the drivers from the unzipped driver installer I get a big list of motorola devices, can anyone tell me which one should I select please

(º·.¸(¨*·.¸ ¸.·*¨)¸.·º)
...«.·°·.ratcom.·°·.»...
(¸.·º(¸.·¨* *¨·.¸)º·.¸) Cooking & Flashing Since 2004

ratcom

ratcom

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
right this morning all I'm getting is a "USB mass storage device!" instead of A853 ...... :)

Would someone be so kind as to check what driver windows is using when the phone is connected in bootloader mode (open device manager then plug in to see which device is added)

thanks in advance

Edited by ratcom, 02 February 2010 - 08:12 AM.

(º·.¸(¨*·.¸ ¸.·*¨)¸.·º)
...«.·°·.ratcom.·°·.»...

ratcom

ratcom

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
forget it I feel like a fool B) I was not pressing power + volume up + camera to start my milestone :)

Next time I'll read the Bl**dy instructions lol

(º·.¸(¨*·.¸ ¸.·*¨)¸.·º)
...«.·°·.ratcom.·°·.»...

iamdarren

iamdarren

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire, Asus Transformer,
has anyone done root on 2.0.1 with a UK milestone and also on t-mobile? just wondering if i will be able to get a signal still on the network and also if the keyboard with screw up?

thanks

HTC DESIRE GSM (VODAFONE UK) S-LCD
unlocked by default
VillainRom, or AOSP

ASUS Transformer TF101 UK
Rooted
MCR

razielu

razielu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:Motorola Milestone
  • Twitter:@alinolaru
Worked for me! Awesome find! Thanks! Now if we could just get that overclock kernel going on our Milestones, it would be heaven on Earth. :D

Pedro Guedes

Pedro Guedes

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Its working ok, even thought I should have waited for a Latin America (Brazil) 2.0.1 update.
I can make and receive calls with my current carrier (Oi), wich was my main concern, regarding its a Hong Kong 2.0.1 firmware (am I right?)

Only problem i've noticed so far is aGPS. With Google Latitude, aGPS puts me somewhere in Denmark / Norge / Sverige (North Europe), even though I'm in Brazil. Something to do with cell towers database?

When i turn on GPS, tho, i get pinpoint position right where it should be on the map display, but Latitude keeps updating my location wrong.

Any ideas on how to fix that?

Besides that, 2.0.1 is running great on my Milestone! Thanks for sharing!

Update: After a soft reset, aGPS localization is working fine now!

Edited by Pedro Guedes, 16 February 2010 - 03:48 PM.

Jibreil

Jibreil

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Devices:Google Nexus One
  • Twitter:@jibreil
Can anyone translate this German post, I think they have found how to R00t the 2.0.1 OTA updated phones.
http://www.nodch.de/...ot-installieren

BigBearMDC

BigBearMDC

MOD - Mode ;)

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts
  • Interests:I'm interested in µC's, programming, physics and astrophysics :)
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy SII
  • Twitter:@BigBearMDC

Can anyone translate this German post, I think they have found how to R00t the 2.0.1 OTA updated phones.
http://www.nodch.de/...ot-installieren

"The Motorola Milestone Update 2.0.1 is available via internet and can be installed on your (german) phone. The best thing: Our rooted Update.zip works!

A note before you start:
You need some files on your Windows PC to flash RSD Lite.

* RDSLite_4.5.3.zip
* SBF File: necessary to flash 2.0.1 with RSD
* the motorolla drivers need to be installed for the phone to get recongized
* all files are still on your phone even after flashing
* Root has to be reinstalled after flashing

What you have to do:

* install and start RSD Lite
* Power off the Milestone, connect it to USB and boot it in Bootloader Mode (DPad up + Power)
* the Milestone should now get recognized in RSD. Choose your device, choose the unpacked SBF file and click "start"
* The phone will reboot 2 times. The second boot will take longer than the usual boot process does. Once the Enter PIN screen appears you can disconnect your phone and close RSD Lite.

Finished."

:(
Greetings,
BigBear

Edited by BigBearMDC, 03 March 2010 - 09:24 AM.

Visit our git repos [2.6.32 porting project, FroYo vendor config]Got a question? No problem, write me an email :)

If you like what I'm doing, help me buying an Orange San Francisco Posted Image
Posted Image
Donors:
  • Niels Heeren, David Dawkins, Mark Leman, James Baker, Heinz Peter Hippenstiel, KenBW2, flibblesan, GraviticVortex, bear807, TDK29

look for the Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users