USB device not recognized, solution!

Guest Jeppfi

I contacted HTC about this problem and they said I should try a hard reset. It actually worked. Just push the back + home button and then press the power button. After that you press the Menu key. If it didn't work for you, try another USB port. It worked for me.

Sorry for my bad English.

I contacted HTC about this problem and they said I should try a hard reset. It actually worked. Just push the back + home button and then press the power button. After that you press the Menu key. If it didn't work for you, try another USB port. It worked for me.

Sorry for my bad English.

Interesting! Bumping this to see if anyone else with the issue finds this helps. Having a little think about the architecture on the phone, this procedure might actually wipe a bit of NAND memory somewhere we don't know about, or at least wipe out something else. Maybe someone who knows more about this could comment...

Be sure to let us know if these instructions help anyone experiencing the issue. I think this would also fix the SD Card problem too, since the 2 problems seem to occur at the same time, so a proper wipe should also cure it.

How ironic this would be if the solution was there at HTC, the most obvious place to take your problem, yet it was overlooked since September 5th (first occurence of this IIRC) till now. That must be a record for obviousness if this works!

Be sure to let us know if these instructions help anyone experiencing the issue. I think this would also fix the SD Card problem too, since the 2 problems seem to occur at the same time, so a proper wipe should also cure it.

Damnit. I didn't even know we could do this otherwise I would have tried it :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest soulasass1n

for those having the issue with the phone not being recognised (this usually occurs after the phone has been flashed several times with rom upgrades ect) boot into recovery, wipe the handset, and then install the cyanogen image. once installed, reboot the phone 3 or 4 times, then try plugging it in to a machine running windows XP. worked for me and ive tested this same process on 3 different heros suffering the same issue, worked all three times