[ROM] Bell Omnia II Original i8000L (I8000LUGIJ6) PDA

Guest Matt174e

Guest Matt174e

Here's the much requested original Bell i8000L ROM. This is the I8000LUGIJ6 PDA. There's nothing special about this ROM, nor do I recommend it to anyone. This ROM is simply posted for i8000L users so they can flash without having to worry about not being able to revert back to the original rom :)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UPQMT73Y

Special thanks to Sorg for his rom dump tool, and RFD for his program to convert the .bin to a flashable .nb0

Edited by Matt174e

Guest gdrijver

Thanks for the Bell PDA Rom. I want to upgrade my PDA rom and flash to any of the other roms, but before I do that I want to make sure I have a back up of all the parts of the Bell Stock Rom.

Would you be able to post the other parts of the Bell I8000L Rom as well. Just in case something goes wrong with the flashing, I want to be able to revert back to the Bell stock Rom.

Phone Part (.bin)

CSC Part (.csc)

eBoot Part (eb0)

I think it will be appreciated by a lot of people who are hesitant about flashing their phone.

Thanks

Gordon

Guest Matt174e
Thanks for the Bell PDA Rom. I want to upgrade my PDA rom and flash to any of the other roms, but before I do that I want to make sure I have a back up of all the parts of the Bell Stock Rom.

Would you be able to post the other parts of the Bell I8000L Rom as well. Just in case something goes wrong with the flashing, I want to be able to revert back to the Bell stock Rom.

Phone Part (.bin)

CSC Part (.csc)

eBoot Part (eb0)

I think it will be appreciated by a lot of people who are hesitant about flashing their phone.

Thanks

Gordon

I wish I could B) I would also like to have a back up of every part of the ROM but I have no idea how to do it myself. I was able to get the PDA using Sorg and RFD's tools specifically made for extracting the PDA section. If anyone could upload the other bits I would greatly appreciate it :)

Guest rodrigofd

Just to clarify....

THERE IS NOT YET ANY TOOL AVAILABLE ..., to dump or create backup of EBOOT, PHONE or CSC firmware currently in your phone..

Also, i don't have knowledge of any public-released official versions from this parts of a ROM specifically for I8000L devices.

As it is well known, you can relatively easy, create backup of the PDA currently on your phone, either it is I8000 or I8000L.

Also, PDA roms can be freely used interchangeably, between I8000 and I8000L, that is, you can safely use I8000 PDA roms in I8000L phones, and viceversa.

This is both for official (secany) or cooked PDA roms.

As regards CSC parts, you shouldn't really care since not any real benefit will be gained with updating with newer versions.

For the PHONE part, you shouldn't mess with I8000 phone part as it will likely mess with radio firmware and cause you network issues. I heard somewhere of people that flashed phone parts in I8000L, and worked, and also the opposite. So i would not risk, since you can't revert to original phone part (remember, they can't be obtained anywhere yet).

The same would do for EBOOT, HOWEVER .. after this new big '5 MB available memory' change in latest JA5 eboot, kind of deserves trying... one user claimed he did it (flashed JA5 eboot in I8000L) and worked fine... but AGAIN, you can't restore I8000L original EBOOT... so ... you get the point..

Guest elchicodelbalcon
Just to clarify....

THERE IS NOT YET ANY TOOL AVAILABLE ..., to dump or create backup of EBOOT, PHONE or CSC firmware currently in your phone..

Also, i don't have knowledge of any public-released official versions from this parts of a ROM specifically for I8000L devices.

As it is well known, you can relatively easy, create backup of the PDA currently on your phone, either it is I8000 or I8000L.

Also, PDA roms can be freely used interchangeably, between I8000 and I8000L, that is, you can safely use I8000 PDA roms in I8000L phones, and viceversa.

This is both for official (secany) or cooked PDA roms.

As regards CSC parts, you shouldn't really care since not any real benefit will be gained with updating with newer versions.

For the PHONE part, you shouldn't mess with I8000 phone part as it will likely mess with radio firmware and cause you network issues. I heard somewhere of people that flashed phone parts in I8000L, and worked, and also the opposite. So i would not risk, since you can't revert to original phone part (remember, they can't be obtained anywhere yet).

The same would do for EBOOT, HOWEVER .. after this new big '5 MB available memory' change in latest JA5 eboot, kind of deserves trying... one user claimed he did it (flashed JA5 eboot in I8000L) and worked fine... but AGAIN, you can't restore I8000L original EBOOT... so ... you get the point..

With Pako777’s i900_EXEcutor i dumped my stock I8000L PDA and Eboot. If we could dump the phone part all important parts would be backed up.

Here's the much requested original Bell i8000L ROM. This is the I8000LUGIJ6 PDA. There's nothing special about this ROM, nor do I recommend it to anyone. This ROM is simply posted for i8000L users so they can flash without having to worry about not being able to revert back to the original rom :)

Special thanks to Sorg for his rom dump tool, and RFD for his program to convert the .bin to a flashable .nb0

Matt, where to get Sorgs/RFDs convertion tool? I also want to make an original nb0. I've dumped my original ROM before flashing....

• 2 weeks later...
With Pako777’s i900_EXEcutor i dumped my stock I8000L PDA and Eboot. If we could dump the phone part all important parts would be backed up.

can you link the tool, i would love to backup my eboot before trying the new JA5

Hola Rodrigo,

Isn't there somewhere available the I8000L original ROM to have as backup for this unlocked phone (comprado acá en MercadoLibre desbloqueado).

I'd like to have before starting to fiddle around with different cooked versions and maybe never able to revert back. Not even using the official Samsung Update can this be done?

Thanks

• 1 month later...
Guest medellinrob

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!!!

Now... anyone knows how should I process my warranty?

I have a Bell i8000L that "lost" it's internal storage.

Regards!

Guest DarkShot
THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!!!

Now... anyone knows how should I process my warranty?

I have a Bell i8000L that "lost" it's internal storage.

Regards!

I've had the exact same issue.

Twice.

All you gotta do is re-flash the PDA part onto your phone, bring it into Bell, and say blahblahblah did this and that send it in for fixing pl0x.

Happened to me within 3 months of my owning the phone, and then just recently 2 weeks after they replaced the mainboard and I got my phone back. That's exactly what I've done and had no issues with returning it for servicing.

Guest medellinrob
I've had the exact same issue.

Twice.

All you gotta do is re-flash the PDA part onto your phone, bring it into Bell, and say blahblahblah did this and that send it in for fixing pl0x.

Happened to me within 3 months of my owning the phone, and then just recently 2 weeks after they replaced the mainboard and I got my phone back. That's exactly what I've done and had no issues with returning it for servicing.

Yup I read your posts!

But I'm not in Canada, I'm in mexico and I go frequently to US (texas), so I cannot take it to Bell... and I don't have a number with them, so I'm pretty sure (well I have a SIM card, but never activated a line).

I don't think Bell will help me. I'll need to contact samsung but I fear they might tell me "Take it to Bell".