Yahoo Mail

Guest Necorum

Guest Necorum

I have had a few customers at work trying to sync everything in their yahoo with their nexus one. As far as I understand the Nexus one has issue's with yahoo due to pop3 being plus accounts only. Is this true for everyone?

My Yahoo account works fine with the email app on the Nexus One, or have I misread the question?

Tell them to sack Yahoo anyway as it sucks and stick with Gmail! :)

Guest Necorum
My Yahoo account works fine with the email app on the Nexus One, or have I misread the question?

Tell them to sack Yahoo anyway as it sucks and stick with Gmail! :D

LoL yea but I doubt my company wants me to say that :) What I mean is as soon as a mail message comes in does your yahoo account sync up? I have issue's where they dont get email as soon as it arrives and they call me. Also they have pop3 issue's.

So I was debating telling them this

Step 1

http://picobit.wordpress.com/2009/04/10/ya...ree-pop-access/

Step 2

Setup your yahoo email on your Nexus 1

Optional Step (bypass step 2 if you wish to just use gmail since you can still use your yahoo address as the sender)

Go into your Gmail account after doing step 1 and go in to accounts and imports, setup check mail using pop3 settings to your ymail and also import everything over from yahoo and just use your gmail

HTC Nexus one Tech Support ( I am not tmobile, google, nor am I yahoo B) )

Edited by Necorum

All other email accounts set up in Android are pulled from the server, in each account you can change the frequency at which the server is checked for new messages.

This can be set at, never, 5, 10, 15, 30 or 60 minutes, default is 15 so they will be getting their mail up to 15 mins later on their devices.

Setting it to every 5 mins 'could' reduce battery life.

They could try Seven mail which is available in the market or at seven.com and this will give them more of a push experience.

Or get rid of Yahoo and use Gmail! :)

hope this helps! B)