JAR/JAD Conversion to APK

Guest Harroguk

Guest Harroguk

Hi guys,

I have a file.jar and its associated file.jad

I am looking for a way to run them on my Hero. As far as I can tell I need to convert them into an APK as Android cannot run .JAR files. Can anyone offer some advice on how to do this please.

So far I have found two supposed solutions

• 1> www.netmite.com/android/srv/1.6/getapk.php which will supposedly do it but I cant get to the website.

2> An app called Android J2ME MIDP RUNNER which looks like it is made by the same company as the link above. This throws up an error

Neither of these methods seem to work for me. Doesn anyone have any other suggestions I could try?

thanks

In MCR there is Java Box and is possible run jad/jar file with it.

Time ago, i run opera mini 5 beta with this downloading jad file directly from opera.com and works very well

Guest Harroguk

Time ago, i run opera mini 5 beta with this downloading jad file directly from opera.com and works very well

Cool, that works, it would be handy if I could link to the application from my Home screen though, any suggestions on that one?

Cool, that works, it would be handy if I could link to the application from my Home screen though, any suggestions on that one?

not sure if either one servers that purpose, but have you tried anycut or bettercut?

Guest Harroguk
not sure if either one servers that purpose, but have you tried anycut or bettercut?

I cant make anycut do it. It will link to Java fine but not the applet.

• 1 year later...
Guest ipguy

hi

can i get more information, i'm not sure i follow the post