2.6.32 kernel patch with JIT for CyanogenMod 5.0 Beta 2

Guest PaulOBrien

Cheers Paul! But unfortunately I got 'launcher force closes' and my N1 hangs after applying the patch. Had to do a nandroid restore back to cyanogens 2.6.29.6 Kernel.

Anybody with the same problem?

Guest Nesousx

Looks like I am stuck on the 4 colors X with a little lockpad at the bottom of the screen (about 10 minutes now). Is it normal, how long it is supposed to take?

Guest babijoee
Does this kernel include the "memory fix", så N1 can use all the available memory?

BTJ

From what i can see nope it doesn't. I'm still trying it out to see what works and what doesn't

If theres a changelog somewhere please let me know :)

Guest Mantisen

In progress with backing up data with titanium etc. atm to flash CM 5.0 beta 2, the gapps and probably this sweet .32 kernel.

Just wanted to ask a quick question before flashing on the .32 patch, does it solve the RAM issue that .29 has?

EDIT: Sorry, missed the post above (didnt reload before posting and had been on the page for a while before posting :))

Edited by Mantisen

Guest Nesousx
Looks like I am stuck on the 4 colors X with a little lockpad at the bottom of the screen (about 10 minutes now). Is it normal, how long it is supposed to take?

I removed battery and could restore backup from recovery. I am a bit afraid to give this a 2nd try, though.

Edit: I tried to apply the zip a second time. Same thing happens. No idea why.

Edited by Nesousx

CM5 beta 2 working great. Patch with .32 kernel & JIT doesn't seem so happy. I get an SD Card Removed notification, N1 can't see SD at all, even after reboot. Will reflash and see if that helps.

Guest babijoee

hmmm weird. maybe sd capacity error? anyways i'm using 16gb microSDHC.

Also is nexus one all the same? as in build type. As i know with HTC devices they create different models for different regions.

Thanks modaco for your amazing work.

I havent been using this site for too long, might have a look around and might even subscribe to one of your premium services :)

okay quoted from Cyanogen from over at xda : "The sdcard card issue on 2.6.32 seems to be related to the card itself. The 8GB class 6 card I normally use is not seen by 2.6.32, but the card that shipped with the phone works fine. Something weird is going on in that driver."

Edited by babijoee

hmmm weird. maybe sd capacity error? anyways i'm using 16gb microSDHC.

Also is nexus one all the same? as in build type. As i know with HTC devices they create different models for different regions.

Thanks modaco for your amazing work.

I havent been using this site for too long, might have a look around and might even subscribe to one of your premium services :)

okay quoted from Cyanogen from over at xda : "The sdcard card issue on 2.6.32 seems to be related to the card itself. The 8GB class 6 card I normally use is not seen by 2.6.32, but the card that shipped with the phone works fine. Something weird is going on in that driver."

Interesting. 16GB class 6 card not seen - will try with some other cards tonight. Itching to get JIT working properly!

Guest babijoee
Interesting. 16GB class 6 card not seen - will try with some other cards tonight. Itching to get JIT working properly!

I'm not sure if its class 6. But its definantly 16 gb :)

Guest Mantisen

When I installed the .32 patch my home button stopped working and got random restarts of the phone (after loads of error messages had popped up an all hw buttons had stopped working). Anyways just reflashed CM 5 after a wipe and now it works fine, gonna wait with a new .32 flash till all the quirks are fixed.

Guest maddiez

got random restarts while restoring apps in Titanium

launcher always gets FC (unresponsive) several times before it actually works

seems the .32 kernel still needs some tweaking..

the speed's good though :)

everything is working fine for me. Using 16gb class 6 sd. flashed this kernel on top of CM 5, no reboots. no FCs.

i did remove launcher2.apk with root explorer. have been using home++ for a while. i removed launcher2 before i flashed .32 kernel.

Guest joni1337
I removed battery and could restore backup from recovery. I am a bit afraid to give this a 2nd try, though.

Edit: I tried to apply the zip a second time. Same thing happens. No idea why.

same here, stuck on the boot screen, now i dont know if i should wait for some longer or not?

how come it works with some people and with some others it doesnt?

Edit: I know its hard to expect answers for someone who just popped in a thread with 0 posts i know people need to work their rep n stuff im a forum user ;D sorry to get off topic but i just wanted to say this, safe

Edited by joni1337

Guest captain nellie
I'm not sure if its class 6. But its definantly 16 gb :)

My 16gb class 6 works fine in .32, this thing flies with CM 5b2 and .32! Thanks for this!

Hello Paul,

I just installed your patch and everything works great! Thanks alot! I was wondering if maybe you could post another patch to reverse the changes made by this patch? Anyways I was just thinking that would be nice to have. Right now I love the speed and everything seems to be working somewhat stable but if it goes sour then I would be inclined to switch back.. Anyways I do have a nand backup but maybe for others who arent so lucky.. lol

Thanks!

Jm

Hello Paul,

I just installed your patch and everything works great! Thanks alot! I was wondering if maybe you could post another patch to reverse the changes made by this patch? Anyways I was just thinking that would be nice to have. Right now I love the speed and everything seems to be working somewhat stable but if it goes sour then I would be inclined to switch back.. Anyways I do have a nand backup but maybe for others who arent so lucky.. lol

Thanks!

Jm

What about using nandroid backup? :)