29 replies to this topic

Maxwell Newton

Maxwell Newton

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia - HTC HD2
Did you shop around comparing deals and bartering before placing your final order?

If "YES!" then please could you post what you finally went for here so we have something to aim for.

I am due an upgrade with o2 in a couple of weeks and want to get the best deal out of them, what should i be expecting?

Thanks,

Max

candymut

candymut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:HTC HD2

Did you shop around comparing deals and bartering before placing your final order?

If "YES!" then please could you post what you finally went for here so we have something to aim for.

I am due an upgrade with o2 in a couple of weeks and want to get the best deal out of them, what should i be expecting?

Thanks,

Max

Hello.....My first post on this forum.
The deal i have recently received from Virgin Mobile UK is a HTC HD2 with 800 mins and unlimited text and unlimited INTERNET for £30 a month so the phone comes free but this is a 2 year contract but i went for it (now to find a decent case for the large screen).
The supplied HTC HD2 is Sim free and has no logos on from any network and is not locked to any network so you can download the latest ROM as the supplied phone is generic.

I need to mention that with any smart phone or PDA today you do need unlimited data due to the nature of the devices sold so it is a good idea to look for this.

Edited by candymut, 27 January 2010 - 06:46 PM.

Maxwell Newton

Maxwell Newton

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
thats perfect, now im hoping o2 (whoim currently with and i pay £42.50 for exactly the same thing at the moment) will match it!

andysalmon

andysalmon

Enthusiast

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4 & 7
Just got a new contract with VF business. (You don't have to have a business!) 500 mins, unlimited calls to landlines, 250 texts and unlimited data for £29. Not as good as Virgin but the Virgin/T Mob network is useless here, well 2G only.

Edited by andysalmon, 15 February 2010 - 02:53 AM.

Foneography: LG Nexus 4, Samsung Galaxy S II, Huawei G300, Motorola Defy, HTC Desire, HTC Touch HD2, HTC Touch HD, MDA Vario III, HTC V1615, MDA Vario, MDA Compact, SE P905, Sendo X (CRAP!), Motorola V525, SE P900, Samsung S300, Motorola Mpx 200, Orange SPV, Motorola V50, Nokia 5210, Motorola P7389, Nokia 6210, Nokia 6100, Nokia 5110, Motorola D520, Motorola 8700, Nokia Orange

candymut

candymut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Just got a new contract with VF business. (You don't have to have a business!) 500 mins, 250 texts and unlimited data for £29. Not as good as Virgin but the Virgin/T Mob network is useless here, well 2G only.

Well i have sold the HTC HD2 as it was to big and i have went back to a nokia , the phones rubberised finnish started to peel...but i have still got the contract but halved the cost by selling the phone.

Maxwell Newton

Maxwell Newton

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Well i have sold the HTC HD2 as it was to big and i have went back to a nokia , the phones rubberised finnish started to peel...but i have still got the contract but halved the cost by selling the phone.

shame to hear that, the only reason im upgrading is to get one ;)

candymut

candymut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

shame to hear that, the only reason im upgrading is to get one ;)

It will be interesting to see who keeps the HDC HD2 and who sells the phone on and why.

smith2001

smith2001

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
Got me a Unlocked HD2 on vodafone

300 mins, unlimited tests
12 month contract
£79.99 for the phone
£50 quidco

Mobiles.co.uk

am not using the sim as wanted to keep my current plan, wanted the phone mostly ;)

HTC Touch Dual

Maxwell Newton

Maxwell Newton

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Got me a Unlocked HD2 on vodafone

300 mins, unlimited tests
12 month contract
£79.99 for the phone
£50 quidco

Mobiles.co.uk

am not using the sim as wanted to keep my current plan, wanted the phone mostly ;)

Well i phoned o2 this morning and took:

600 mins
Unlimited Text
Unlimited Internet
250 Combi messages (1combi message = 1 picture message)
24 month contract
£26 for HD2 handset
Next day delivery... YIPPEE!!

Pretty happy with that :D It was all thanks to the virgin above, thats what i quoted them (saying obviously it was offered to me) and they matched it but threw in the combi messages :(

Good luck to anyone whose buying!

Max

Edited by Maxwell Newton, 09 February 2010 - 08:35 AM.

rameses

rameses

Kaiser Chief (not!)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S3
I've just got mine from Virgin.

18 Month Contract @£25.
Monthly allowances:

500 Mins
3000 texts
Unlimited (well 1G) data

Handset cost £80.

This offer apparently isn't supposed to be available in the stores anymore, but I said I'd go elsewhere and they let me have the deal. I think it is still on the website, but the handset cost is £90.

Damn good value and the HD2 is ace.

Goodbye WinMo! Hello Android :o - It's about time I updated this!

Lingerhosen

Lingerhosen

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Devices:MDA Vario II
I went with Vodafone, with an internet deal from Dial-a-phone

£40 Handset

£40 p/m

12 Month Contract

300 mins (more than I will use)
Unlimited texts (if you can get them to leave your outbox, lol)
'Unlimited' data

Pretty good deal I thought for a 12 monther. Although VF is quite expensive (36p for a Picture message???)

Windows 7 in Jan 2011

:D

raider10

raider10

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:n95 8gb

I went with Vodafone, with an internet deal from Dial-a-phone

£40 Handset

£40 p/m

12 Month Contract

300 mins (more than I will use)
Unlimited texts (if you can get them to leave your outbox, lol)
'Unlimited' data

Pretty good deal I thought for a 12 monther. Although VF is quite expensive (36p for a Picture message???)

Windows 7 in Jan 2011

:D

i found a similar deal on mobiles.co.uk although u have to pay 80quid for the phone. is the dial a phone website trusted? ive never heard of it.
and what u mean by ''Unlimited texts (if you can get them to leave your outbox, lol)'' u mean the bug with vodafone simcards or something that doesnt allow hd2 to send texts untill restart the phone?

Maxwell Newton

Maxwell Newton

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts

i found a similar deal on mobiles.co.uk although u have to pay 80quid for the phone. is the dial a phone website trusted? ive never heard of it.
and what u mean by ''Unlimited texts (if you can get them to leave your outbox, lol)'' u mean the bug with vodafone simcards or something that doesnt allow hd2 to send texts untill restart the phone?

some HD2's dont send sms, but the new ROM update fixes it, so be sure to get it from HTC :D

Shadowdh

Shadowdh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:MDA Vario III/TyTN II
I used dial a phone(y) to get my HD2 and its the same as above except in the end I paid 11.50 for the phone on a 12 mth contract due to getting some cash back for them being such a pain in the rear and lying to me so often... took soooo long to get the phone to me and they repeatedly lied to me, got caught out and then lied again about that... the deal is ok but the service is sh.....

Prosody

Prosody

All plussed out. :)

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Devices:HTC HD2, NC10, Advent Vega
  • Twitter:@FictionChris
I just took the Virgin deal, 18months @ £25 per month, got the phone for £80, also as i am a Virgin TV/Broadband/Phone customer I get two months free line rental and three months free insurance. :(

Very happy. :(

CURRENT DEVICES -
Nokia Lumia 520
Barnes and Noble Nook HD+

DEVICE HISTORY -
Phones (Including SmartPhones) :
Bosch 509e, Nokia 402, Nokia 702, Nokia 3210, Nokia 3310, Siemens C35i, Nokia 3330, Samsung A300, Panasonic GD75, Sony Ericsson T68i, Sony Ericsson T610, Sony Ericsson P900, Nokia 7600, Nokia N-Gage, Samsung E720, Nokia 6230, O2 XDA Mini S (HTC Wizard), T-Mobile MDA Vario 2, O2 XDA Orbit 2, LG Renoir, HTC Diamond, Blackberry 8800, HTC HD2, Sony Xperia Play, Nexus S (AMOLED), Nokia Lumia N800, Nokia Lumia 520

PDA's/Netbooks/Tablets :
Casio Cassiopeia E-125, Psion Series 5, HP IPaq 2400 & HP IPaq 3715, Nokia N770 Internet Tablet, ASUS EEE PC 701, Samsung NC10, Advent Vega, Nook Color, Nexus 7, Barnes and Noble Nook HD+

Swampie

Swampie

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • Devices:MDA Vario III + MDA Vario
I've just ordered an HD2 from T-Mobile for my wife. I went for the cheapest tariff which was £10 per month, for 24 months, making the handset £241. However, I get free internet, unlimited texts (and 100 mins per month). I also get £50 vouchers for recommending her (and 3 months free on-network calls).

It would have been £190 for me on upgrade (as I have 50% discount with Friends and Relations discount), so upgraded to a G2 Touch for much less, and going to sell it to fund the HD2.

anubi1126

anubi1126

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Devices:omnia,soul
Got mine at fones4u on orange unlocked unbranded £35 pr month upgrade 1300 mins unlimited text and internet no branding on the phone case either

mcwarre

mcwarre

I've always wanted to explore the Pacific rim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,329 posts
  • Devices:Samsung: Galaxy S2 & Tab 10.1
For £41 a month:

- Free handset ;)
- Unlimited anytime cross-network (and landline) minutes :P
- Unlimited texts ;)
- Unlimited data :P
- 24 months :)

- £65 cashback from quidco :D
- On T-Mobile

"Success is not to be measured by the position someone has reached in life, but the obstacles he has overcome while trying to succeed."

Booker T. Washington

Maxwell Newton

Maxwell Newton

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
The worst thing about this thread is when youve got your contract and you come back here and see a better one!! for £10 more i could have had unlimited calls..... darn!

andybarker

andybarker

Diehard

• Assistant Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • Devices:S4, Transformer Infinity, N7
£200 for phone, but only £25 per month on T-Mobile.

- 600 minutes
- 500 texts
- Unlimited internet
- Unlimited landline calls (free Booster)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users