• Please log in to reply
155 replies to this topic

chesterbro

chesterbro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Devices:Omnia 2

Okay, I've flashed what I feel to be the ROM I want to post for download. I want to use it for the rest of the day before I decide whether or not to post it or revise it. Right now, I think I'll release it tonight! The following are the unofficial official specs:

REMOVED: too much crap to list

KEPT: Samsung Calendar, Samsung Touch Player, Samsung Alarm/Clock, Video Editor, Samsung Photo Viewer, My Phone

ADDED: Advanced Config, ArkSwitch, SmartLock (for WM 6.5 lock!), OpenGL, Orientation Detection

MEMORY: ~230MB free storage and ~85MB of RAM at boot (drops down to ~82 with arkswitch enabled and smartlock set to WM 6.5 lock)

The only real issue is the known problem with the phone button. Without the Samsung Dialer, the phone button doesn't work, and AEButton Plus won't change that. My work-around is to assign button 1 to the phone application.

I cant wait!!!

Shemmy

Shemmy

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts
  • Devices:Verizon SCH-i920 Omnia II
I have updated the initial post with information and links!! I don't have screen shots right now, but I may work on some later.

Posted Image

bga7x

bga7x

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts
  • Interests:Phones, Photos, and Soccer!!!
  • Devices:Moto Droid
  • Twitter:@bgill55

I have updated the initial post with information and links!! I don't have screen shots right now, but I may work on some later.

well done sir!!!

Shemmy

Shemmy

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

well done sir!!!

Thanks... I'm open to feedback, since it's my first.

Posted Image

bga7x

bga7x

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts

Thanks... I'm open to feedback, since it's my first.

Ill flash it later tonight im in the kitchen myself pretty busy with it, I kinda want a rom that begins where I left off from the i910 so in rewriting all my cprs to match the new resolution! so it should be a fun few days for me!!!!

Edited by bga7x, 27 January 2010 - 10:36 PM.

Shemmy

Shemmy

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Ill flash it later tonight im in the kitchen myself pretty busy with it, I kinda want a rom that begins where I left off from the i910 so in rewriting all my cprs to match the new resolution! so it should be a fun few days for me!!!!

Just remember that the i920 does not use Titanium_NNNxNNN.cpr - It uses SPlugins_NNNxNNN.cpr

I'm looking forward to seeing what you have.

Posted Image

bga7x

bga7x

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts

Just remember that the i920 does not use Titanium_NNNxNNN.cpr - It uses SPlugins_NNNxNNN.cpr

yeah just found that out back to the drawing board! but I did get a bootable rom just have to fix a bunch of stuff! pm your way!

WoZZeR999

WoZZeR999

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts
  • Devices:i910
Wish I could help you guys out more, but without a device it's hard for me to troubleshoot.

I do this because I love helping people, but if you want: Donate

Snow02

Snow02

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • Devices:Omnia SCH-i920

I'm still unsure about that. My phone's windows default today layout has always been dictated by the titanium cpr. I don't know why it would be different from any other i920, but I'm on my second one and they've both been the same. I haven't ever touched SPlugins. Maybe I'm confused about how or why the SPlugins cpr info is used, but I don't thinnk so. Not to confuse the issue, just relaying my personal experience. Is SPlugins used for the WidgetPlus today perhaps?

WoZZeR999

WoZZeR999

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts
  • Devices:i910
No, SPlugin's is a second set of CPR's. There should be a regkey that tells the OS to use SPlugins_ instead of Titanium. Someone where in the HKLM/System or HKLM/Software/Microsoft. I don't remember where off the top of my head.

I do this because I love helping people, but if you want: Donate

bga7x

bga7x

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts
aww I kinda missed the old way of cooking brings back memories!!!

Shemmy

Shemmy

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

No, SPlugin's is a second set of CPR's. There should be a regkey that tells the OS to use SPlugins_ instead of Titanium. Someone where in the HKLM/System or HKLM/Software/Microsoft. I don't remember where off the top of my head.

That reg file always defaults back to SPlugins, though.

Posted Image

Snow02

Snow02

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

That reg file always defaults back to SPlugins, though.

Again, not to confuse the issue, but no it doesn't. Mine does not, thus not always. My registry keys clearly say Titanium, I edit the titanium files to alter my layout. I'm not saying yours doesn't use SPlugins, again, just relaying my experience.

WolfpackInCO

WolfpackInCO

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts
Well done - thanks!

So, if the Samsung dialer is cabbed into the ROM (I know, heresy, but maybe a short term fix), will the phone button work as usual?

Shemmy

Shemmy

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Well done - thanks!

So, if the Samsung dialer is cabbed into the ROM (I know, heresy, but maybe a short term fix), will the phone button work as usual?

It should.

Posted Image

Shemmy

Shemmy

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts
I've managed to trim a ROM file down to 160MB, and I think I can trim more. Any program which has a cab available is being removed, as are any image files I can get away with. Once I get it all trimmed up, I'll post two versions: one with Titanium for those who like Titanium, and one without for those who prefer other UI's. It's going to be a while though, so like I said earlier, any serious bugs, let me know and I'll check them out for future releases.

Posted Image

Snow02

Snow02

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

I've managed to trim a ROM file down to 160MB, and I think I can trim more. Any program which has a cab available is being removed, as are any image files I can get away with. Once I get it all trimmed up, I'll post two versions: one with Titanium for those who like Titanium, and one without for those who prefer other UI's. It's going to be a while though, so like I said earlier, any serious bugs, let me know and I'll check them out for future releases.

Can't wait. Thanks for putting in the time.

Shemmy

Shemmy

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts
If it wasn't for people like Wozzer, BlazingWolf, bga, Yardi, etc, I wouldn't realise how great the Omnia line was. They showed how a ROM can really make the device shine, so it's thanks to them that I was so quick to volunteer to be wozzer's guinea pig.

Anyway, as a teaser, with a test of something a bit more streamlined, I'm running MS 3.5.3 with a Sense skin, and have ~65MB of free RAM :)

Posted Image

paulchoy

paulchoy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Hey guys, first post on the site, been following it for a few years off and on with other phones. Seems like the i910 scene was a pretty big deal with the custom roms so i have a question for ya. How big of a difference is the 10-20 mb of RAM really gonna make regarding the performance of the phone? Is knocking off all of this vzw crapware (I use it just as little as it seems the rest of you do) really gonna improve the phones performance noticeably? I've only flashed a custom rom on one other phone (touch diamond so i could check out 6.5 before it was released and it was pretty buggy) so i guess i'm wondering whether the objective here is customization or performance? Again, I'm new... :)

Omega Ra

Omega Ra

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia 2 i920
it is a matter of both really. Having all that crap out gives you more room to put stuff you will actually use. Having more RAM at any time is a good thing, the more RAM the more stuff you can have going at the same time with out it bogging down. Plus this already has the better openGL driver cooked in so things like Mobile Shell carousel will work properly and you can play better games as well.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users