23518 Lite ROM

Guest Shemmy

Guest maldonj1
I do not know. Technically, the official upgrade just touches the phone portion, but I won't make any prmises.

Not at all. Maybe try a hard reset (vol up + locl + phone + end)

yea im going to have to figure something out here real soon, just realized I can't click on any links inside emails, can't install ms3.5, can't click contacts, can't click send.

random question...should I use the official update before doing this? or can I boot just the phone portion with octans later if I want?

I would do the update first if you're going to do it. The update is > 400 MB, which means it probably flashes all parts, which means it will overwrite the PDA portion.

yea im going to have to figure something out here real soon, just realized I can't click on any links inside emails, can't install ms3.5, can't click contacts, can't click send.

What happens when you try to click on links in emails or click on contacts?

No headway on getting the call button to work huh? I can't seem to find an answer anywhere. I do miss the stock volume control as well it's ability to control vibration level. I tried reinstalling from the cab in the repository but it was a no go...

I'm okay with mapping the phone to button 1. I have Phone Weaver mapped to holding button 1, so I don't really miss the Samsung volume control either. I do find it strange that the Samsung volume control cab doesn't work. I installed the calendar cab to my storage without a problem (I think the i8000 had a better calendar than the i920, because the agenda view seems nicer).

I'm working on an update - it's a bit more trim, but I want to play with putting lockscene.exe back in just to get rid of that annoying touch player error message. I've also adjusted the pagepool to 16MB, which makes things seem snappier.

Edited by Shemmy

Rotation is broken when viewing pictures/video in the camera app, as well as in the picture viewer. Don't know if it's fixable, but something to look into. So that means the tilt scroll feature in landscape mode is also gone, which was useful when moving through a lot of files.

Guest maldonj1
What happens when you try to click on links in emails or click on contacts?

for contacts i get the error, The file SECContact cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate , or one one of its components cannot be found.

for links i get the same message except with the link included, and i just noticed i cant click on the ok button to enable the GPS after accepting the aggreement.

Also, task manager doesnt end any running applications automatically and i couldn't find an option for it.

I would also add Windows Marketplace back in since you can only download for Winmo6.1 and it says if your running 6.5 its already preinstalled.

Edited by maldonj1

Rotation is broken when viewing pictures/video in the camera app, as well as in the picture viewer. Don't know if it's fixable, but something to look into. So that means the tilt scroll feature in landscape mode is also gone, which was useful when moving through a lot of files.

I cooked in Orientation Detection. You can read about it here:

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-verizo...orotation-v1-1/

There seems to be a new version out, so I'll probably update my ROM sometime next week with the newer version.

for contacts i get the error, The file SECContact cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate , or one one of its components cannot be found.

for links i get the same message except with the link included, and i just noticed i cant click on the ok button to enable the GPS after accepting the aggreement.

Also, task manager doesnt end any running applications automatically and i couldn't find an option for it.

I would also add Windows Marketplace back in since you can only download for Winmo6.1 and it says if your running 6.5 its already preinstalled.

I removed SECContact from the phone. You can download the Samsung Contacts application from the repository thread. I was pretty sure I remapped the Titanium softkey, but it's possible I missed the regedit. All you should have to do is either install the cab or edit the registry so that it reads ":MSCONTACTS" (without the quotes), which will link it to the WM contacts application. I haven't experienced the link issue - whenever I have links in an email and I clicke them, it launches my default browser (in my case, it's Opera 10). Opera 9 has been removed from the system, so you will need to set a new default browser. I don't think that task manager ever automatically ended applications. I cooked in ArkSwitcher so that we'd have a good task manager/task switching application. I am not going to put Windows Marketplace back in, because there are cabs for it. See here: http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-general...ace-winmo-6-5/#

Can you write down the full error message you get when trying to click a link in email? You don't need to include the actual URL name.

Edited by Shemmy

Guest maldonj1
I cooked in Orientation Detection. You can read about it here:

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-verizo...orotation-v1-1/

There seems to be a new version out, so I'll probably update my ROM sometime next week with the newer version.

I removed SECContact from the phone. You can download the Samsung Contacts application from the repository thread. I was pretty sure I remapped the Titanium softkey, but it's possible I missed the regedit. All you should have to do is either install the cab or edit the registry so that it reads ":MSCONTACTS" (without the quotes), which will link it to the WM contacts application. I haven't experienced the link issue - whenever I have links in an email and I clicke them, it launches my default browser (in my case, it's Opera 10). Opera 9 has been removed from the system, so you will need to set a new default browser. I don't think that task manager ever automatically ended applications. I cooked in ArkSwitcher so that we'd have a good task manager/task switching application. I am not going to put Windows Marketplace back in, because there are cabs for it. See here: http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-general...ace-winmo-6-5/#

Can you write down the full error message you get when trying to click a link in email? You don't need to include the actual URL name.

ok installing cabs and making changes, will report back in a few min.

Win Market place installed and working nicely, thanks for the link!

cant find samsung contacts in repository, ill make the reg edit and search for it some more.

also noticed a soft reset gets stuck since there is no charging image and you have to press the power button.

Edited by maldonj1

ok installing cabs and making changes, will report back in a few min

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\CHome -> change SK1URL to :MSCONTACTS

That will bring up the MS contacts app when you press the soft key in Titanium.

I forgot to comment on the GPS settings issue. That's also one of those "known problems." It happened on the i900/910 (and possibly a few other phones too). Just map one of the buttons to "ok," and you can press it to go out of the settings. I left pressing button 2 mapped to "ok."

Edited by Shemmy

Guest maldonj1
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\CHome -> change SK1URL to :MSCONTACTS

That will bring up the MS contacts app when you press the soft key in Titanium.

same error except now it says MSContacts cannot be found, do i need to add the colon?

added colon still same error, going to install mymobiler so i can post some images

contactserror.jpg

Edited by maldonj1

same error except now it says MSContacts cannot be found, do i need to add the colon?

added colon still same error, going to install mymobiler so i can post some images

contactserror.jpg

Which key did you change, and what is the exact text you used in the key?

Guest maldonj1

i changed SK1URL and the text i entered is whats in parenthesis in the pic i also capitalized it all

i was able to install spb ms3.5 and now i click contacts and they work fine, not sure if they are pulling a different one or if it fixed something but that will work. do you have a link to the MS office cab?

Edited by maldonj1

i changed SK1URL and the text i entered is whats in parenthesis in the pic i also capitalized it all

i was able to install spb ms3.5 and now i click contacts and they work fine, not sure if they are pulling a different one or if it fixed something but that will work. do you have a link to the MS office cab?

I can post one later. Glad you got things working - I have no clue what the issue was.

contactserror.jpg

Samsung contacts program is not included in the ROM. The default contact key is in fact broken and is set to seccontacts. Change the key in HKLM\Software\Microsft\CHome SK1TEXT to \Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Contacts.lnk and that will make it bring up the WM contacts.

Also, the links for the Samsung contacts app and other files from Kun are dead, if anyone can repost.

Also, I confirm Orientation Detection does not work for the camera and photo apps.

Guest chesterbro
When booting to Windows 7, press F8 until you get to the boot selection. There should be an option about booting without some sort of driver protection or something like that (sorry, my memory is faulty here). Once you've booted, open the Devices and Printers screen from your Start Menu. Plug in your i920 (powered off). When it shows up, right click it and work through until just before you install the drivers. The phone will have "disconnected" by now, but that isn't an issue. Unplug the phone, then plug it back in, and you should be able to complete the driver install process. This is how I did it with Windows 7 Home Premium.

it now works! thanks Shemmy. I had to get into the drivers properties, where the "Update Driver" button was enabled then disconnect and reconnect the phone again. i had to hurry and update the driver before it automatically disconnected the phone again. pretty weird, i never had to do something like that just to update a driver. :)

chesterbro

Any fix to the Camera photos not rotating in the camera application? the orientation detection doesnt work for the camera photos

I will look into that.

Samsung contacts program is not included in the ROM. The default contact key is in fact broken and is set to seccontacts. Change the key in HKLM\Software\Microsft\CHome SK1TEXT to \Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Contacts.lnk and that will make it bring up the WM contacts.

Oddly enough, I made that change in the .rgu file, and it shows up in the .rgu file, it just doesn't show up in the ROM.

i just noticed that the AE Button app doesnt work and i cant change my buttons with it

I think I mentioned that in this thread (or in the other one).

Guest jpenman

i think i remember you mentioning that about the phone button but i didnt realize it didnt work for any button...i mean its not that big of a deal i just wanted to have a button set to close application since hitting the X doesnt close anything fully....unless you know another way to do it besides going into taskmanager (which i cant figure out how to get the samsung task manager that you posted earlier assigned to a button, the only way it works is in the windows folder so im not sure how to get it assigned).

i think i remember you mentioning that about the phone button but i didnt realize it didnt work for any button...i mean its not that big of a deal i just wanted to have a button set to close application since hitting the X doesnt close anything fully....unless you know another way to do it besides going into taskmanager (which i cant figure out how to get the samsung task manager that you posted earlier assigned to a button, the only way it works is in the windows folder so im not sure how to get it assigned).

Use Resco Explorer or Total Commander to make a shortcut to that application, then move the shortcut to \Windows\Start Menu\Programs - you can then map a button. I take it you don't like ArkSwitch?

Guest jpenman
Use Resco Explorer or Total Commander to make a shortcut to that application, then move the shortcut to \Windows\Start Menu\Programs - you can then map a button. I take it you don't like ArkSwitch?

i have resco explorer and i have been trying to make a shortcut but i dont know how...i use to make shortcuts through activesync but my old gateway wont turn on right now....luckily it made it through the flash

and its not that i dont like arkswitch its i cant get it to work all the time...im using spb 3.5.3 and when i click the open area the drop down taskbar pops up.

Guest jpenman
J, I'll make a cab for the stock task switcher if you want to add it back in. Let me know.

That would be great! I don't know if you could but I tried the calculator from the cab repository and it doesn't fill up the screen all the way and the samsung volume wheel doesn't work... Don't know if you could do anything with that if not that's fine just wondering... I also have you amoled theme you gave me awhile back and I can't it or any black theme to work... Don't know why

That would be great! I don't know if you could but I tried the calculator from the cab repository and it doesn't fill up the screen all the way and the samsung volume wheel doesn't work... Don't know if you could do anything with that if not that's fine just wondering... I also have you amoled theme you gave me awhile back and I can't it or any black theme to work... Don't know why

I'll edit to post the taskmanager cab in a minute. Note this probably won"t work for anyone not using this ROM and therefore should not be posted or linked to elsewhere. Just unzip the exe and run it from anywhere on your device, j. As far as themes, get's tacchan's new black theme (large) for 6.5.x here.

I downloaded the powercalc from the repository as well, which is working fine for me.

The volume cab did not work for me either.

Task_Switcher.zip

Edited by Snow02