23518 Lite ROM

Guest Shemmy

I installed the PureBlack3 theme, and everything seems okay. I'll check out the ringtones, too.

Any luck with the phone button? I tried remapping the "Green Phone button" to the phone in AE Button Plus, but it's not working. I tried adding it as a new button, but it doesn't register as anything. I'll use contacts for now.

I see you decided to pull the Samsung O2 Touch Player. I use it alot because it's AVRCP compatible with my bluetooth headset. Any idea where I could find the cab? I'm also looking for the Samsung Os Task Switcher. I didn't see anything in the i8000 repository. Thanks in advance.

I installed the PureBlack3 theme, and everything seems okay. I'll check out the ringtones, too.

Any luck with the phone button? I tried remapping the "Green Phone button" to the phone in AE Button Plus, but it's not working. I tried adding it as a new button, but it doesn't register as anything. I'll use contacts for now.

I see you decided to pull the Samsung O2 Touch Player. I use it alot because it's AVRCP compatible with my bluetooth headset. Any idea where I could find the cab? I'm also looking for the Samsung Os Task Switcher. I didn't see anything in the i8000 repository. Thanks in advance.

I found the cause of the ring tone problem and corrected it, the link in the OP has been adjusted.

Still no dice with the phone button. For now, that's something I've given up trying to fix.

I don't have a cab for the Touch Player or the Task Switcher. What I can do is post a link to the related files for the Task Switcher and Touch Player. They should be moved into the \Windows folder, and you can place the shortcut files in \Windows\Start Menu\Programs.

That last bit may have to wait a little, though - I expect to be busy the next two days with work, and I unplug Friday night through Saturday night.

No hurry. I just flashed back to the stock ROM. Because I use Hotmail, I installed the Windows Live cab and found that it doesn't work properly. When I run Live, I can't sign in. Also, I noticed that Skyfire comes up with a warning that my services don't allow for audio.

I'll eventually go back to your ROM when I have more time to tweak the settings and troubleshoot.

Thanks.

Guest Tony_vegas

you originally had the updated microsoft keyboard from 28002, i was wondering why you removed that, i wanted to see if i could go to options and change the layout to the 5 row stock ms keyboard but there was not "input options", any chance you could put it back in with your next release? or is it possible to create a cab?

Edited by Tony_vegas

you originally had the updated microsoft keyboard from 28002, i was wondering why you removed that, i wanted to see if i could go to options and change the layout to the 5 row stock ms keyboard but there was not "input options", any chance you could put it back in with your next release? or is it possible to create a cab?

Personally, I like Swype more than any other SIP currently on the market, and in the interest of saving space, that was the only SIP I chose to retain in the ROM. The way I saw things, Finger Keyboard and EZInput were better options than the MS KB or the Samsung XT9 KB. I'm not likely to add anything back into future releases, but if I have time, I will look into making a cab.

Guest sockfocks

Awesome...you may have just convinced me to upgrade to an Verizon O2. ;)

Though my i910 still rocks with bgills 2.3 rom!!!

Edited by sockfocks

Guest Tony_vegas
Personally, I like Swype more than any other SIP currently on the market, and in the interest of saving space, that was the only SIP I chose to retain in the ROM. The way I saw things, Finger Keyboard and EZInput were better options than the MS KB or the Samsung XT9 KB. I'm not likely to add anything back into future releases, but if I have time, I will look into making a cab.

thats cool i understand, i just like it because it has a seperate number row, i get tired of shifting back and forth sometimes. do you have an oem file for it by any chance that you could send me?

Does this updated ROM fix the camera picture viewer rotation? also what does the pagepool being more mean?

It does not fix the camera picture viewer rotation. I know a lot of people use it, but why not just open the pictures application instead? You can read about the pagepool here:

http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index.php?pagename=PagePool

http://www.etenblog.com/2008/01/14/change-...page-pool-size/

Guest thenecris

Hello All!

Just want to say thanks for all the hard work! I really dig the Omnia 2. I had the O1 and really enjoyed doing all the mods.

Alter all my flashing and installing I think a good ROM would simply be something without Verizon crap and interfaces we dont use.

To make a lite ROM

Kill the below:

Samsung widgets

V cast music

V cast video

VZ nav

Getting started

Mobile email - Just a silly link

VZW Tones

V cast Song ID

City ID

Visual Voice Mail

Perhaps even things we can update on our own:

YouTube app

Windows Live

Facebook

MSN Money

MS My Phone

Now thats a base lite rom that removes everything we (at least me) will never use.

Just an idea...

The Necris

Samsung Omnia i910-i920

I just noticed that the accelerometer doesn't work. Any suggestions on a fix?

Have you tried Orientation Detection, which is cooked in, or any of the other apps/reg edits?

I tried the installing the HTC dlls, and while it makes the software think the accelerometer is active, it doesn't respond to any movement. After a fresh ROM install, I tried to run the motion calibrator and the red dot wouldn't move. The only motion sensing software that would work was some Krazy Kart game that installed it's own drivers. Is the calibrator working on your Omnia?

I can confirm the accelerometer issue. Even on your first release (which I'm still using). The dice game doesn't work. So it's not that the picture program and camera viewer themselves are broken, it's the accelerometer function that's broken (minus those programs that install their own drivers).

Edited by Snow02

I'm currently working on Rev 3. I don't use rotation that much, so I haven't explored it in depth yet. I've just disabled "HideOrientationUI" in HKLM\System\GDI\Rotation, and then assigned rotation to button 2 hold.

Edited by Shemmy

Right, but that's not the issue. I assign rotation to a button as well. I prefer to control the rotation for things like web browser, messaging, file explorer, etc. But the rotation in picture viewer and camera resizes the image appropriately (and allows you to till scroll through the pictures in landscape). Accelerometer function in things like dice (not that I'll actually use that program, it was more a proof of broken accelerometer) make use of it. It's a loss of functionality issue rather than an orientation preference issue. The way Samsung chose to tie in certain functions (phone button for example) is kind of ridiculous. Hopefully it can be tracked down pretty easily.

Thanks again for the work. I really like the 6.5.3 over 6.5.

We'll see if I can track down what broke it. (completely random, but I thought I removed the dice application?). Programs that install their own g-sensor drivers do work though, right?

We'll see if I can track down what broke it. (completely random, but I thought I removed the dice application?). Programs that install their own g-sensor drivers do work though, right?

Correct. The accelerometer hardware itself works fine as long as there's some software to tell it what to do. Samsung accelerometer drivers for their apps is gone, apparently. I just installed Yardi's ROM. He has the camera/picture viewer stuff working fine. Maybe ask him what's up? He did keep most of the samsung apps. Still has a lot of free space though. I don't know.

I hope you stick around. The ROM community needs all the chefs possible, so lazy, clueless people like myself can pick and choose instead of cooking one of our own.