23518 Lite ROM

Guest Shemmy

Thanks. I spent a few hours in the kitchen last night, and was doing well until I broke the phone button again. I was trying to cook in this theme, and started running into .hv errors. I'll be starting over from scratch, since Snowmageddon/Snowpocalypse Now may keep me trapped in my apartment for the next few days.

Guest DirtySanchez

Shemmy,

First off them me say that you for all you hard work so far & heres to the future.

Had a few questions & tried this base rom last night & all seem to work fine all the programs seemed to work, That was until someone called me & there was NO dialer the talk key didnt work & the end/power only worked for the power, I can only guess the base rom has the samsung dialer taken out, this stand to be a problem if you dont want to have to relay on Su2u or contacts to make a phone call :D

So i guess my question is there a .cab for the samsung dialer? ( o i did see the cab dump but there is no working file for the dialer that i saw) & the question that i know i cant ask directly but in a round about way is there a way to bring back or not remove the stock Keyboard? (that seems to be ok per the legal team :D ) Past that everything else seems to work.

I don't have a cab for the Samsung dialer - I just mapped the phone application to button 1. Frankly, the way things stand, Yardi5Life's lite ROM is a much better selection than mine. I'm slowly working on something, and if it comes out well, you might see an updated ROM from me. Right now, though, I'm not sure. Personally, I like the way the WinMo dialer looks and prefer to use it (with the extra ~10MB of free RAM that comes with it), even if it means mapping the phone to button 1 (I really wish there was a way to change that).

Guest DirtySanchez
I don't have a cab for the Samsung dialer - I just mapped the phone application to button 1. Frankly, the way things stand, Yardi5Life's lite ROM is a much better selection than mine. I'm slowly working on something, and if it comes out well, you might see an updated ROM from me. Right now, though, I'm not sure. Personally, I like the way the WinMo dialer looks and prefer to use it (with the extra ~10MB of free RAM that comes with it), even if it means mapping the phone to button 1 (I really wish there was a way to change that).

PhoneEx does fill the need and its not too bad to use

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Synner-Sam
Okay, I've flashed what I feel to be the ROM I want to post for download. I want to use it for the rest of the day before I decide whether or not to post it or revise it. Right now, I think I'll release it tonight! The following are the unofficial official specs:

REMOVED: too much crap to list

KEPT: Samsung Calendar, Samsung Touch Player, Samsung Alarm/Clock, Video Editor, Samsung Photo Viewer, My Phone

ADDED: Advanced Config, ArkSwitch, SmartLock (for WM 6.5 lock!), OpenGL, Orientation Detection

MEMORY: ~230MB free storage and ~85MB of RAM at boot (drops down to ~82 with arkswitch enabled and smartlock set to WM 6.5 lock)

The only real issue is the known problem with the phone button. Without the Samsung Dialer, the phone button doesn't work, and AEButton Plus won't change that. My work-around is to assign button 1 to the phone application.

i installed the samsung today cab (found here on the site ) and now the phone button works!!!! i press send and the dial pad pops up!

side note: i am a noob at all this BUT i did notice that the start link on the top of the screen doesnt work. i mapped the start menu to one of the hardware buttons and it worked!! very clean ROM!!! thank you!!

Guest Mudvayne622

So im actually thinking of upgrading from an i910 to an i920 but after reading this i still have some questions.

1) Is this a 6.5.3 rom?

2) If they are titanium will all the plugins and tweaks(day of the week on clock panel, capitalize first letter) still work? See below attached

3) Does S2U2 work on the i920?

4) Can someone post some screen shots of these roms? my top and bottom taskbars are semi transparent and i love it bc it looks more like your using the whole home screen.

5) Will Garmin Mobile XT work on the i920 or has Verizon blocked the GPS again?

6)Anyone know if the .cab for my i910 posted below still works? its is to change the system font.

7) also i used a file on my i190 called cmhomeres.dll.0409.mui to capitallize the first letter of titanium. Has anyone done the same for i920 yet?

Fabi1police.cab