Photo

[VIDEOTORIAL] How To Flash Omnia i900 & i910 on Windows 7, Vista & XP (Noob Friendly)

* * * * * 2 votes

• Please log in to reply
145 replies to this topic

Poll: Some polls to help me help you ;) (153 member(s) have cast votes)

Whas this helpful?

1. Yes, Now I'm able to flash my omnia! jay! (93 votes [64.14%])

Percentage of vote: 64.14%

2. Nope, I didn't understand anything at all! (27 votes [18.62%])

Percentage of vote: 18.62%

3. Yeah, kinda, still some questions, but it helped (25 votes [17.24%])

Percentage of vote: 17.24%

Vote Guests cannot vote

mikevhl

mikevhl

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia i900

i have a small isue - want to know if someone got it too..
i have win7 32bit - until now i used USDL_GrandPrix_v1.6.4_VISTA to flash several ROMS..
today i got some strange behaviour - the USDL crashed the Mobile device GUI - and closed the active sync in the I900 device...
tried uninstall all mobile device drivers and software , also tried V1.8.10 for xp - no use..

thanks for you help

roy

Do you still have the problem? And have you tryed reinstalling the windows mobile device center? Can you still sync?

shady_09

shady_09

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:i900
I was having problems with the phone/pda not being recognized in grand prix, so i went into:
control panel> windows mobile device center > connection settings and unticked the allow USB connections box, and it seemed to work.
This is my second flash now using this tutorial and I'm pretty sure i had the same problem the first time, so just letting other people know. thanks for the tutorial mikevhl.

Pickiki

Pickiki

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Well - unticking the USB will probably disconnect the Active sync forever :P:)
that's pretty strange , since the GRAND_PRIX kills the WMDC.exe proccess....
working at my son's XP machine in the meanwhile... :huh:

tony7

tony7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm going to flash my Omnia soon. But I was wondering at what point I connect my phone to the computer? Is it once I've selected the eboot files etc. and press begin?

And I need to sync my phone with the Windows Mobile Device Centre once before starting?

What happens when you press begin (doesn't show this in the video)? How long should it take? Should the phone be OFF when starting?

Do I need to uninstall any programs I've added to the 6.1 software before updating?

Thanks for any help.

Megam

Megam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia
Hi all

I'm in the process of flashing my i900 according to the process describe (thanks mikevhl :P ) but after everything happened correctly, it's been about 30 minutes that things are frozen at "Writing image 75%" for Grand_Prix (last lines on the log were
"Downloading EBOOT...
EBOOT finished!!
Downloading PDA region #1(DISKIMAGE)..."

The Omnia screen is the black one with Samsung OMNIA written in white, with a green progress bar at the bottom showing 75% completion.

What should I do? Wait longer? Stop and try again? I obviously don't want a brick... I'm afraid the battery will drain eventually, which also might brick it...

Thanks for your help

Megam

Megam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia
OK guys, forget it. After waiting for about an hour, I decided to risk a brick and stopped everything.
Then I retried, and everything worked!
mikevhl must be right, it seems like the Omnia are difficult to brick (if only their screens were half that difficult to scratch, I'd be a happy man :P )

Edited by Megam, 04 May 2010 - 08:17 PM.

mikevhl

mikevhl

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

OK guys, forget it. After waiting for about an hour, I decided to risk a brick and stopped everything.
Then I retried, and everything worked!
mikevhl must be right, it seems like the Omnia are difficult to brick (if only their screens were half that difficult to scratch, I'd be a happy man :) )

You're welcome! They are indeed kinda hard to brick if you won't flash a rom for the i910 on i900 and vice versa

SBD

SBD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks for your help I managed to flash my i900 and I'm just waiting for it to turn its self off hehe.

I had to use i900 EXEcutor 2.4 as the download doesn't seem to work hopefully everything is fine ...... Just as a side note should the phone turn it's self off? should I have unplugged the phone already? hehe oh well only one way to find out :)

TAG.Ghost

TAG.Ghost

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia I900
is there another link to the EXEcutor? your link doesnt give the file anymore :)

leap_ahead

leap_ahead

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts

is there another link to the EXEcutor? your link doesnt give the file anymore :)

http://www.modaco.co...h...st&id=50250

Official i900BDHJ3/BDHJ3 Windows Mobile 6.1 20271 133Mb - i900DXIF1 Radio

SRChiP

SRChiP

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Nokia 5300, Omnia i900
  • Twitter:@SRChiP

mikevhl

mikevhl

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

http://www.modaco.co...h...st&id=50250

Thanks, Updating my thread

Edited by mikevhl, 23 May 2010 - 02:14 PM.

mikevhl

mikevhl

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Well - unticking the USB will probably disconnect the Active sync forever :D:)
that's pretty strange , since the GRAND_PRIX kills the WMDC.exe proccess....
working at my son's XP machine in the meanwhile... :rolleyes:

Nope, after flashing just tick it again and it'll work again

mikevhl

mikevhl

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

I'm going to flash my Omnia soon. But I was wondering at what point I connect my phone to the computer? Is it once I've selected the eboot files etc. and press begin?

And I need to sync my phone with the Windows Mobile Device Centre once before starting?

What happens when you press begin (doesn't show this in the video)? How long should it take? Should the phone be OFF when starting?

Do I need to uninstall any programs I've added to the 6.1 software before updating?

Thanks for any help.

First turn your phone off and connect, next pres the start to start flashing on the pc, it'll say waiting for device. Next turn on your phone and it'll flash.

viti020

viti020

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Goeie tutorial man :)
werkte in 1x
Thx :D

P.S. those links for the executor didnt work, i used this http://www.modaco.co...h...st&id=57194 :P

kebogila

kebogila

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Devices:omnia i900
thanks for the video, help alot for my first flash with grandprix in seven :( :(

Thrawnie

Thrawnie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:i900 Omnia
Hey everyone!

First thanks for the tutorial, but when i try to flash my phone I always get these messages:

OpenSCManager failed (5)
Calculating file parameters(DISKIMAGE)....
Calculating file parameters(DISKIMAGE) Done!!
OnDeviceChange: DBT_DEVICEARRIVAL
PDA Device not found.

I word with windows vista and have the i900.

Please help!

Thrawnie

mikevhl

mikevhl

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Hey everyone!

First thanks for the tutorial, but when i try to flash my phone I always get these messages:
I word with windows vista and have the i900.
Please help!

Thrawnie

Hey, sorry for the late response but I sold my omnia so didn't really check the thread anymore.
I'm sorry for the bad news, but after research I found out that the only way to make this work in your case is either to reinstall windows vista or use another PC. Given that you've followed every step in my tutorial and installed WMDC that is.

elitom

elitom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
so if I am correct I can do this on a Windows 7 laptop.....

I have a UK T-Mobile i900 with BOHH% rom and I want to falsh it with DXHJ1 generic ROM

I have downloed the ROM and extracted the exe file

Then I have used EXEcutor 3.05 to disassemble the ROM into the parts shown in this image

http://i270.photobuc...elitom/rom1.jpg

then I have downloaded grand pric 1.6.4 vista and imported the Loader PDA and CSC files from the above screen grab so it looks like this

http://i270.photobuc...elitom/rom2.jpg

I have used the pda.bin file in the PDA box but do I also need to use teh phone.bin file - where is this used if it is needed?

all I need to do now is attach the phone reboot until it finds the phone then flash

Is it really that simple

do not want to brick the phone now !

cheers

EliTom

Edited by elitom, 14 August 2010 - 07:24 PM.

mikevhl

mikevhl

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

so if I am correct I can do this on a Windows 7 laptop.....

I have a UK T-Mobile i900 with BOHH% rom and I want to falsh it with DXHJ1 generic ROM

I have downloed the ROM and extracted the exe file

Then I have used EXEcutor 3.05 to disassemble the ROM into the parts shown in this image

http://i270.photobuc...elitom/rom1.jpg

then I have downloaded grand pric 1.6.4 vista and imported the Loader PDA and CSC files from the above screen grab so it looks like this

http://i270.photobuc...elitom/rom2.jpg

I have used the pda.bin file in the PDA box but do I also need to use teh phone.bin file - where is this used if it is needed?

all I need to do now is attach the phone reboot until it finds the phone then flash

Is it really that simple

do not want to brick the phone now !

cheers

EliTom

Don't select any phone part, this is incompatible on vista and 7. Further than that, you should be okay! Good Luck! :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users