[28mar] DUSK (G-B-R) Taskbar & BLACK theme & EXTRAS~ tacchan23 edition

Guest tacchan23

Guest cool_fhatz86
As I don't have much time lately to flash my phone back to wm6.5, could someone test something for me?

After installing the wm6.5 cab (which is not working properly), could you manually delete the file shellres.192.dll in Window dir (and soft reset)? and let me know which taskbar icons are reverted back to standard WinMo icons?

Also, could someone extract the shellres.192.dll from the original Samsung ROM? (before installing my cab or after uninstalling it) To extract the file from ROM, you can use attached application.

Here Tacchan,

After installing 6.5 taskbar:

post-602869-1266213798_thumb.png

After removing shellres.192.dll and a soft reset:

post-602869-1266213808_thumb.png

Using the ROM Extractor, i was not able to extract shellres.192.dll. it gives me an error(can't create output file). Any idea?

Here Tacchan,

Using the ROM Extractor, i was not able to extract shellres.192.dll. it gives me an error(can't create output file). Any idea?

You can't use ROMextractor I don't think tacchan. I think it pulls the unedited version from the ROM, rather than the one "on top". And in the case of shellres192, I don't think i had one of those prior to taskbar installation, so there wouldn't be anything there to extract anyways.

Edited by Snow02

Guest tacchan23
Here Tacchan,

Did you use the ROM extractor after you disintalled my cab? it can be used only for original ROM files (not for files "replaced" with a cab)

Maybe you had a problem while writing the output field? you need to write exact path where you want to extract to including the file name, for example:

/My Storage/shellres.192.dll

Did you use the ROM extractor after you disintalled my cab? it can be used only for original ROM files (not for files "replaced" with a cab)

Maybe you had a problem while writing the output field? you need to write exact path where you want to extract to including the file name, for example:

Except with backslashes and there's no ROM files in My Storage...just kidding. But really, I don't know that I even had a shellres192 dll tacchan. Remember when I extracted a ton of dll's trying to work out the cdma taskbar issue? There wasn't one there. I extracted ~40+ dll files, several right around that one. Don't think it exists always until you add it.

Side note. If you're having issues pulling a file out. I think you can actually email them to yourself from the phone and get around the file protection that way. I may be mistaken though...

Guest cool_fhatz86

Yes after uninstalling your taskbar.

I've manage to extract shellres.192.dll now. I knew the file name must be included in the output field.

Btw thanks for your reply.

Here is it.

shellres192.rar

Guest tacchan23
Except with backslashes and there's no ROM files in My Storage...just kidding. But really, I don't know that I even had a shellres192 dll tacchan. Remember when I extracted a ton of dll's trying to work out the cdma taskbar issue? There wasn't one there. I extracted ~40+ dll files, several right around that one. Don't think it exists always until you add it.

I don't know about the i920, but in the i8000 the shellres.192.dll is there for sure (but you have to use the ROM extractor only before installing any cabs that modify such dlls or after uninstalling the cabs, otherwise ROM extractor will not even show them)

Guest tacchan23

thanks for the extracted files.

I found out where the problem is... I can't sign files succesfully anymore after I "upgraded" to Windows7 last week :D

Anyone has any idea why?^^ or I'll have to install XP somewhere just to sign files^^

thanks for the extracted files.

I found out where the problem is... I can't sign files succesfully anymore after I "upgraded" to Windows7 last week :D

Anyone has any idea why?^^ or I'll have to install XP somewhere just to sign files^^

Do you have this signer with newer cert good through 2015? I sign files just fine in Win7, though I haven't used this one yet (I was rolling back the date on my last signer).

siggner_2010.rar

Edited by Snow02

Guest tacchan23
Do you have this signer with newer cert good through 2015? I sign files just fine in Win7, though I haven't used this one yet (I was rolling back the date on my last signer).

Yes, I downloaded the new certificates some time ago... and I think that was the issue for me. I can't sign files with the new updated certificates to 2015... dunno why, I reverted back to the old 2009 certificates (and changed the date in my laptop^^) and it seems to be working on Win7 too...

(I downloaded the 2015 certificates from many sources and tried many times but never working... also on WinXP°_° any idea?)

Guest tacchan23
here's a screenshot to confirm it's working...

post-602869-1266323283_thumb.png

Ok, I updated the first post with new wm6.5 cab.

Hope it's final and working now so I can start working at a Blue version:)

Guest dwallersv

tacchan et. al. -- sounds like you guys have a ROM extractor that works on the PPC? Where do I get it? I looked through the thread and didn't see any links or uploads of it...

Thanks!

Yes, I downloaded the new certificates some time ago... and I think that was the issue for me. I can't sign files with the new updated certificates to 2015... dunno why, I reverted back to the old 2009 certificates (and changed the date in my laptop^^) and it seems to be working on Win7 too...

(I downloaded the 2015 certificates from many sources and tried many times but never working... also on WinXP°_° any idea?)

No idea. I'll try and let you know.

Guest tacchan23
tacchan et. al. -- sounds like you guys have a ROM extractor that works on the PPC? Where do I get it? I looked through the thread and didn't see any links or uploads of it...

Thanks!

here

Guest tacchan23
Hi, i searched the thread but couldn`t find anything related to 6.1 Anyone knows if the taskbar works with WinMo 6.1 ?

Thanks for your attention.

no, it won't work on wm6.1

Guest tacchan23
I tried the 6.5.x one for my i920 and everything works except the 3G symbol..... Now instead of 3G it says Ev... Not sure why

I'll release a final wm6.5.x taskbar later today/tonight with fixed Ev icon and new popup icons

Guest tacchan23

Final version for wm 6.5.x (modified all popup icons and fixed the missing popup messaging icons)

Please let me know if there are any more wrong icons on both WM6.5.x and 6.5