• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

HaRDHouSeiNC

HaRDHouSeiNC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire HD
As far as I know, yes. The APN settings are for the cell network so they are SIM / Carrier specific.
If you have that sim, and is uses those settings, it should work for any phone to my knowledge.

I just got a Nexus S, will these settings work in my phone? I think I have a grey sim card.

fifo_thekid

fifo_thekid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S i9000
Until now I couldn't get the MMS to work, is there any solution for that?

Hi, Im not sure if this is posted yet, but if anyone has the Grey / White / Green Smart Phone
Sim card and is looking to upgrade their phone to a new non Softbank HTC or other phone
requiring an APN, here it is for that SIM.

Getting MMS to work is still another beast I have yet to fully conquer.

apn carrier="SoftBank Internet"
mcc="440"
mnc="20"
apn="andglobal.softbank.ne.jp"
user="andg001softbank"
password="pumbbghkpgyybsxa"
mmsc="http://mms/"
mmsproxy="andmms.softbank.ne.jp"
mmsport="8080"
type="default,mms"
preferred="true"

Umka

Umka

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Devices:Omnia i900 > Acer Liquid
Even if you have setup your APNs correctly, You also need to fake your UA (UserAgent) to one that is recognised by Softbank. If you do not have an option to change your UA in MMS>Settings then you need to install one of the MMS.apk provided in the first post.

hope this helps

Until now I couldn't get the MMS to work, is there any solution for that?

Japan, Softbank: Omnia i900 > Htc Hero > Acer Liquid
ホスティング専用サーバー

fifo_thekid

fifo_thekid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S i9000

Even if you have setup your APNs correctly, You also need to fake your UA (UserAgent) to one that is recognised by Softbank. If you do not have an option to change your UA in MMS>Settings then you need to install one of the MMS.apk provided in the first post.

hope this helps

I know how to fake it
But what settings should I enter for an HTC Desire HD, CyanogenMOD 7.0.3 OS using a Grey Simcard?

Eso Rimmer

Eso Rimmer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:Motorola Razr Maxx
I have Softbank 003SH but I don't like the phone and I would like to use my Motorola Milestone instead.
After filling in APN informations from this thread 3G internet is working. However, I can't get MMS working. When I send a message to my softbank email address all I get is arriving message notification with information about subject and message filesize and "Download" button next to it. However, when I hit the Download, it ends up with error saying unable to download the message.

When I try to send message to my gmail address shows "sending..." but the message is never sent.

I'm running CyanogenMOD 7 RC8 (android 2.3.4) with this custom MMS.apk http://blog.takuo.jp...sapk-final.html

I tried to change User Agent to "SoftBank X01T" which is included in mms.apk and than my random guess custom "Softbank 003SH" but neither one work. :-(

Any idea what am I doing wrong and how to get MMS working on Milestone with simcard from Sharp 003SH?

Eso Rimmer

Eso Rimmer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Yay! I finally got it working! :D

1) My APN Setting:

Name: Softbank(open)
APN: open.softbank.ne.jp
Proxy: <not set>
Port: <not set>
Username: opensoftbank
Password: ebMNuX1FIHg9d3DA
Server: <not set>
MMSC: http://mms/
MMS proxy: mmsopen.softbank.ne.jp
MMS port: 8080
MCC: 440
MNC: 20
Authentication type: <not set>
APN type: default,dun,mms
APN protocol: IPv4

2) Installed this MMS.apk (CM6 version in my case) http://blog.takuo.jp...sapk-final.html

3) In MMS application settings change User Agent to iPhone (3.0)
Don't know why, but only with iphone setting MMS work...

I hope this help other people with same problem as I had...

BTW I wonder what the "APN protocol" setting affects.

Edited by Eso Rimmer, 04 June 2011 - 09:22 AM.

oo0speed0oo

oo0speed0oo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I know this subject has been pounded and pounded over and over again, but ... as usual i can't get it to work.
i've used so many different types of settings i'm going crazy. Anyone know a super nerd in Japan that can help me?

kiwiandy

kiwiandy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:Moto Q 9h
Is there an updated MMS.zip file for Gingerbread?

Eso Rimmer

Eso Rimmer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I think I use one of there http://takuo.jp/junk...k/non-cm-froyo/ and it works normally on my rooted Motorola Atrix with android 2.3.4.
I'm not sure whether is it standard application from google or from motorola, but on atrix, there is no mms.apk in system. Instead there is another "Messages" app. Which is actually not problem. I just use mms.apk instead. Side effect is that all messages received by mms.apk appear in the default messaging app too, but you can't use it because there's no user agent settings like in mms.apk.

kiwiandy

kiwiandy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:Moto Q 9h

I think I use one of there http://takuo.jp/junk...k/non-cm-froyo/ and it works normally on my rooted Motorola Atrix with android 2.3.4.
I'm not sure whether is it standard application from google or from motorola, but on atrix, there is no mms.apk in system. Instead there is another "Messages" app. Which is actually not problem. I just use mms.apk instead. Side effect is that all messages received by mms.apk appear in the default messaging app too, but you can't use it because there's no user agent settings like in mms.apk.

Thanks for the reply.
The files in the link you gave, say they are for Froyo?.. are you using on your Atrix with Gingerbread 2.3.4???
My HTC Sensation is running 2.3.3 still (no OTA update to 2.3.4 yet).. so I guess it should work also.

Are you able to use MMS (ie download emails from Softabank?)

Eso Rimmer

Eso Rimmer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Yes I can receive/send softbank's emails.

I've used the same mms.apk on Motorola Milestone with cyanogen mod 7, which is also running android 2.3.4 and the app worked.

The only problem on Atrix is that when MMS comes, notification is done by default Atrix's message app. But it can't download/send the message so I have to open mms.apk to download the message.

Maybe if I remove default messaging app the mms.apk would become default MMS app. But I didn't try it yet.

kiera

kiera

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Okay, I've gotten as far as installing Mms.apk in the /system/app directory. When I try to open up my messages on my phone I get the Force Close error. But when I try to remove the Mms.odex file (rm /system/app/Mms.odex) I get:

rm failed for /system/app/Mms.odex, No such file or directory

Help would be appreciated!

Edited by kiera, 24 September 2011 - 10:26 AM.

Kachi69

Kachi69

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:about to buy a Galaxy S2
Hello everybody,

I'm new to the Android world (will probably buy a Galaxy S2 soon) and I have a few question about making Softbank work with an unlocked Android device.

As for the mms.apk, does that mean the Softbank mms application will be installed?
If it is the case, is the Softbank mms app have an iPhone-like display where SMS and MMS appear like chatting?
I'm thinking about importing a Galaxy S2 from Hong Kong and use it with my black sim card, and I would like to use the stock mms app for SMS and MMS as the stock app has this "chatting display"...

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Kachi69, 09 November 2011 - 08:15 AM.

Suxs

Suxs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire Leedroid 2.1
Hi
I followed trough your steps and got stuck in a boot loop shotrly after I pushed the Mms.apk, and rebooted.

HTC Desire with S-OFF/Leedroid

Any ideas on how to adb push the old files again and exit the boot loop? (I saved them with pull before)

DJ-Elo

DJ-Elo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:zte-blade
ive got the latest mms replacement app installed and using the iphone custom agent (as user above used) and created the apn but I cannot get my data connection going. It also doesnt want to receive/send when i'm on wifi.
ive got a zte blade 2.2 swedish spring and a prepaid silver softbank sim. I can make calls and receive sms but not send :( any advice

edit: ok,ive got data working (3g pops up or H and blinks) but still cannot send anything nor access web
edit2: I can send myself sms so some progress

Edited by DJ-Elo, 08 January 2012 - 06:42 AM.

shonentokyo

shonentokyo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Docomo Galaxy Nexus
Complete noob here, but I just unlocked my docomo galaxy nexus, stuck in my softbank gray sim from my Desire HD, created the internet plus.softbank APN and the open.softbank.ne.jp MMS APN and I can send and receive mms with the softbank mail app from the market. Only issue I have is that the app force closes when I send MMS, but the MMS still goes through.
Maybe softbank doesn't check the UA anymore? Not sure why I don't need a custom MMS.apk (possibly getting charged up the nose or something?).

Not sure if this will be of any help to anyone.

Edited by shonentokyo, 17 January 2012 - 10:35 AM.

maraudertokyo

maraudertokyo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy Note

Complete noob here, but I just unlocked my docomo galaxy nexus, stuck in my softbank gray sim from my Desire HD, created the internet plus.softbank APN and the open.softbank.ne.jp MMS APN and I can send and receive mms with the softbank mail app from the market. Only issue I have is that the app force closes when I send MMS, but the MMS still goes through.
Maybe softbank doesn't check the UA anymore? Not sure why I don't need a custom MMS.apk (possibly getting charged up the nose or something?).

Not sure if this will be of any help to anyone.

Thanx Shonen.
But you could please take us step by step how u did it?
I have a Galaxy Note and am going nuts for like 3months now,
Appreciate!

addison_52

addison_52

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I have rooted my Galaxy S2 with ICS 4.0.3. Everything is fine except for MMS. I don't know how to install that MMS.apk.
I tried copy it into my phone and hit install like installing other apps but nothing works.
Softbank mail app is not compatible on ICS.
Help pls...

Edited by addison_52, 12 March 2012 - 12:24 PM.

himaji

himaji

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:XPERIA RAY
Is there a good version for Xperia ray of the mms.apk? don't really understand because it's always crash when sending a mail...

ami100te100

ami100te100

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:i phone 4s 3g
Dear Umka,
This post about apn setup it was pretty helpful for users thanks for giving us your important time. 

i am using iPhone 4s 3g with SoftBank white plan And i have a galaxy s2 which i buy from india i really don't like iPhone and need to use my s2 so i have put the sim card into s2, s2 dont have micro sim try but surprisely network come and i can recive and make calls and also can send text msg but others service like picture  msg internet nothing work i have visit lots of site and try lots of tricks but the internet enable icon like "H" , "E" is still disappeared from screen after reading your post i believe you can fix it so kindly help me please. i am providing you the model details here 
Model - Samsung Galaxy S|| GT-I9100G.
Android Version-2.3.6(upgradable) 
Baseband version-19100GDDKI1.
kernel version-2.3.35.7
root@DELL88#2.

** i am not genius about all you have wrote to do so but yes if you guide me    i believe i can do it. thank you so much.

with regards 
partha dey   

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users