• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

Eso Rimmer

Eso Rimmer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:Motorola Razr Maxx
Maybe nothing new under the Sun, but I just want to let everyone know it's not necessary to install modified mms.apk, therefore you don't need to root your phone neither.

I've got my new Motorola Razr Maxx (GSM version) and found that all I had to do to get internet and MMS working was setup one APN and download Sofbank's email application.

So here is my APN setting (same as I used before, no need to add another mms apn separately):

1) Add new APN in phone's settings with these values:

Name: Softbank(open)
APN: open.softbank.ne.jp
Proxy: <not set=""></not>
Port: <not set=""></not>
Username: opensoftbank
Password: ebMNuX1FIHg9d3DA
Server: <not set=""></not>
MMSC: http://mms/
MMS proxy: mmsopen.softbank.ne.jp
MMS port: 8080
MCC: 440
MNC: 20
Authentication type: <not set=""></not>
APN type: default,dun,mms
APN protocol: IPv4

2) Launch Google Play and search for Softbankメール application. Once you install it, you will find the application to be as crappy as it always used to be, but at least your softbank email works. :-)

Edited by Eso Rimmer, 24 May 2012 - 02:21 PM.

maraudertokyo

maraudertokyo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy Note

I have rooted my Galaxy S2 with ICS 4.0.3. Everything is fine except for MMS. I don't know how to install that MMS.apk.
I tried copy it into my phone and hit install like installing other apps but nothing works.
Softbank mail app is not compatible on ICS.
Help pls...

same issue here with Galaxy Note running on ICS....the softbank app is not compatible at all!

Stremon

Stremon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
If someone wants, I just finished a little program which modify automatically the Mms.apk of your android phone to made it compatible with the softbank network. Maybe it can also works with other networks with some modifications.
Please let me know if someone's interested.
Sorry for my bad english, I am french :P

australia.sydney9

australia.sydney9

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S2
Hi - Thanks for your post. I have Samsung Galaxy S2. I have completed your instructions till downloading mms.apk and Android SDK. after this I have completely blank what to do. Please advice what are the next steps to use Android SDK and mms.apk. [I AM NEW TO THIS TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE]

thanks
Vik

australia.sydney9

australia.sydney9

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S2

If someone wants, I just finished a little program which modify automatically the Mms.apk of your android phone to made it compatible with the softbank network. Maybe it can also works with other networks with some modifications.
Please let me know if someone's interested.
Sorry for my bad english, I am french :P

Can you please advice how can i root my Samsung Galaxy S2. I have downloaded Android SDK and mms.apk on my computer. and now I have no idea what to do next. please help. Thanks Vik

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users