Status Led v0.4

Guest Igor Alpha

Guest Igor Alpha

I found post on this forum, where problem of notification without LED indicator was discussed.

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-verizo...-led-on-amoled/

Here is proof-of-concept of application which can notify about missed events with turned off backlight.

How it works:

1. App would start with system start.

2. After missing a call (or sms message, or email) and some user idle time, app would display in fullscreen with black background and "missed call" (missed sms / missed mail) icon. Backlight would turned off.

3. Before you tap the screen icon would change position in random order.

4. If you touch the screen, default selected LockScreen would appear. Backlight would turned on. (Long tap provide context menu, where you can terminate app.)

Now app has some restrictions:

- App tested on Samsung I8000:

1) worked on WM 6.1 and default Samsung LockScreen application.

2) worked on WM 6.5 with standard windows slider LockScreen.

3) worked on WM 6.5 with S2U2.

4) worked on WM 6.5 without any Lock Screen.

I don't know how it would work with other custom LockScreens.

- Now only missed calls, sms and email messages is monitored

- If you have missed call, sms or email application would run infinite, until you tap, unlock and dismiss missed call

Installation:

- Just install cab, in appeared StatusLed Settings select your lock type and apply settings.

Screenshots

Main screen (app work in fullscreen and display moving "missed call" icon)

post-610200-1264751923_thumb.png

Main screen (three different events are missed)

post-610200-1266407696_thumb.png

Next images from left to right

1. Main screen options (now you can only terminate app or view "about" message)

2. StatusLed Settings (you can select lock type to use and control app state)

post-610200-1264751931_thumb.png post-610200-1268014825_thumb.png

Changes in v0.4 (8 march 2010)

• added: Settings app. Through Settings you can select lock type and control application state.
  • added: shortcut for Settings app in start menu.
  • added: support for S2U2.
  • added: support for custom lock screen. You can select lock screen .exe which would start/terminate from StatusLed. Perfectly work with WM 6.1 standard Samsung "Lockscreen.exe".
  • added: support for work without any lock screen.
  • fixed: work with short system screen off interval (< 1min).
  • now application settings appear automatically right after .cab install so you can select and apply desired settings. No soft-reset needed anymore.
    • added: monitoring of sms and email missed messages.
    • added: support for wm6.5 and wm6.1 in single executable

Changes in v0.2

[*]added: support for wm6.5 standard LockScreen

It's just proof of concept, please, remember it.

Download app:

StatusLed v0.4

StatusLedSetup_v0.4.CAB

Previous versions:

StatusLed v0.3

StatusLedSetup_v0.3.CAB

StatusLed WM 6.1 version

StatusLedSetup.CAB

StatusLed v0.2 WM 6.5 version

StatusLedSetup.CAB

Edited by Igor Alpha

Guest silencer22

hi there

juz tested ur app on i8000 wm6.5

it doesnt work properly wif wm6.5

if the fone is locked, den ur app will stay below 6.5 lockscreen, only manage to cover the top row indicators

otherwise, ur app comes up b4 the screen blanks off, but it doesnt return to the lockscreen after tapping on it

Guest kkimber
hi there

juz tested ur app on i8000 wm6.5

it doesnt work properly wif wm6.5

if the fone is locked, den ur app will stay below 6.5 lockscreen, only manage to cover the top row indicators

otherwise, ur app comes up b4 the screen blanks off, but it doesnt return to the lockscreen after tapping on it

Great idea, same problem.

Guest Igor Alpha

Sorry, my Omnia II comes with WM 6.1 ROM and I like it for speed, stability and free RAM volume.

Please, tell me, which Lock Screen used in WM 6.5 on Omnia II standard Samsung ROM. Is it standard winmobile WM 6.5 Lock Screen with slider or Samsung-style customized Lockscreen?

I have my old Toshiba G900 flashed with WM 6.5 so I can try some ideas on it or on WM 6.5 Emulator to get app work on WM 6.5.

Guest snikers
I found post on this forum, where problem of notification without LED indicator was discussed.

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-verizo...-led-on-amoled/

Here is proof-of-concept of application which can notify about missed events with turned off backlight.

How it works:

1. App would start with system start.

2. After missing a call and some idle time, app would display in fullscreen with black background and "missed call" icon. Backlight would turned off.

3. Before you tap the screen icon would change position in random order.

4. If you touch the screen, default 6.1 LockScreen would appear. Backlight would turned on. (Long tap provide context menu, where you can terminate app.)

Now app has some restrictions:

- App tested on Samsung I8000 with WM 6.1 and default Samsung LockScreen application. I don't know how it would work on 6.5 or with S2U2, etc.

- Now only missed calls is monitored

- If you have missed call, application would run infinite, until you tap, unlock and dismiss missed call

Installation:

- Just install cab and soft reset or you can manually run StatusLed shortcut from StartUp folder.

Main screen (app work in fullscreen and display moving "missed call" icon)

post-610200-1264751923_thumb.png

Main screen options (now you can terminate app or view "about" message)

post-610200-1264751931_thumb.png

It's just proof of concept, please, remember it.

Download app:

StatusLedSetup.CAB

Many thanks, app is great.

I have 6.5 lite and problems like others wrote. When screen is locked, someone calls, app won't show missed calls. when i unlock the screen and wait it works. it also works after that even if screen is locked.

i use TouchLockPro for screen locking

• 2 weeks later...
Guest surethom

Works well for missed call with green icon. Could you please add a orange?? icon for when you have a missed text message, that would be fantastic.

Many Thanks.

Is there a way to work with S2U2 lockscreen ?

I put it in the exeption list of the program but seems that StatusLED don't work. It quits with an error.

Edited by surenz

Guest TheGoDxxxx

hi igor, thanx for writing the cab for us. I know u only released the cab as a proof of concept but I believe it wouldn't be hard to develop I complete application from what u already accomplished.

Whats missing IMO is the inclusion of missing text messages and email, maybe the option to use different graphics as a alternative and some additional options to configure all that. And compatibility with other lock-software like s2u2 (which I am using myself).

Guest deepower

THIS IS GREAT!!

I mean really all we needed was a simple start and now we have it.

Waiting for further developments! (and from other devs,too)

PS. I used to code a little but high school sucks big time soo i had to quit. Wish i could help! all i remember now is the If s and For s (written in blue :D) ;)

keep up the good work,

dpwr

Guest babyjosef17

Just to let you all know. I'm using stock 6.5ROM latest version (sorry I always forget the number)

I don't use the defaut lock screen. Cuz I don't want lockscreen, it's nice to just switch off your screen and still have the Music videos playing.

So even without the lock screen, as long as phone blanks screen itself, for me it's 60secs, the Status LED on AMOLED works.

This is just brilliant, Truly Brilliant! Thank you so much for this.

In the future, once we also have status LED for unread sms, unread email, and notifications, and we can have those status LED icons all the same time in the blank screen, each randomly switching places from time to time, we will be the envy of all TFT device users lol! All I'm saying, I so excited with the future developments for this.

This should be featured in pocketnow !

Thanks again! Igor Alpha

Edited by babyjosef17

Guest babyjosef17

Oh Just to add another thing.

I switched off my today screen (using today off) No lock screen enabled, I still get the Status LED. As long as your screen switches off on it's own (60 sec for me) The status LED will show.

Great work!!!

Stock ROM 6.5 IJ9

Guest Igor Alpha

Hi guyz!

Thanks for your replies. On this weekend I would try to add some enhancements in application.

First, I want to improve application code. Because now code in deep deep beta status and need to be optimized.

Next, add monitoring for unread messages with orange icon as surethom and TheGoDxxxx said.

Then take a look on S2U2. Never use it before, so don't know how it would be difficult or easy to manipulate it.

It's just a short plan for near future.

Guest surethom
Hi guyz!

Thanks for your replies. On this weekend I would try to add some enhancements in application.

First, I want to improve application code. Because now code in deep deep beta status and need to be optimized.

Next, add monitoring for unread messages with orange icon as surethom and TheGoDxxxx said.

Then take a look on S2U2. Never use it before, so don't know how it would be difficult or easy to manipulate it.

It's just a short plan for near future.

Thanks you very much for the reply & for a future update.

Guest lambi1982

Could this be made into a standby screensaver?.

Something about my phone showing a star field or random facts while sleeping (the phone that is) is just awesome ;) :D :(