Touch Player bypass folders during UPDATE

Guest shottiee

Guest shottiee

Hi I'm not sure how to make my Omnia 2's Touch Player bypass certain folders (in My Storage or Storage Card) when I update the library.

I have some 100 custom ringtones and they are all added to the library everytime it updates.

I vaguely remember seeing a post about this many months ago but am unable to find it now. Please redirect me if there is. Thanks in advance!

Hi I'm not sure how to make my Omnia 2's Touch Player bypass certain folders (in My Storage or Storage Card) when I update the library.

I have some 100 custom ringtones and they are all added to the library everytime it updates.

I vaguely remember seeing a post about this many months ago but am unable to find it now. Please redirect me if there is. Thanks in advance!

Not experienced in this but would it be similar to excluding photos shown on this link?

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-verizo...d-programs-faq/

Guest grahamkdt

I posted this issue a couple of months ago, but I didn't get any response. It's rediculous really... and Samsung should have fixed it. Why the hell would you want your media player to import 2800 CoPilot navigation files? There should at least be an option to ignore any media less than 'x' seconds in length!! :)

Guest Laruku Jr.

Shottiee, where did you put your ringtone files? I've not experienced this with the new JA5 ROM. I've put my ringtone files on "/My Storage/My Ringtones".

Guest shottiee
Shottiee, where did you put your ringtone files? I've not experienced this with the new JA5 ROM. I've put my ringtone files on "/My Storage/My Ringtones".

Thanks Pete B for the link. I came across that page before but lost track of it. lol :)

Laruku Jr: Thanks for your suggestion. I used to have my ringtones in the root of "/My Storage" cos I think the earlier ROMS could only detect the ringtones if they were stored there. But now I created "/My Storage/My Ringtones" and dumped them in there and they don't appear on Touch Player anymore after updates, yet they can still be detected when I want to select ringtones for incoming calls. I just went to Samsung a couple weeks ago and got them to update my ROM to the following:

PDA: I8000NXXIJ9

CSC: I8000XSOIJ2

PHONE: I8000DXIJ1

so I'm guessing it only works in newer ROM.

Now are there any other folder names I can create that would be bypassed by Touch Player? For example I may have some videos I took that I do not want to show on Touch Player. Currently I can only hide them from Touch Player by putting the video files in the same folder as the ringtones (as above).

Thanks for the help guys! Really appreciate it!

Guest Laruku Jr.
Thanks Pete B for the link. I came across that page before but lost track of it. lol :)

Laruku Jr: Thanks for your suggestion. I used to have my ringtones in the root of "/My Storage" cos I think the earlier ROMS could only detect the ringtones if they were stored there. But now I created "/My Storage/My Ringtones" and dumped them in there and they don't appear on Touch Player anymore after updates, yet they can still be detected when I want to select ringtones for incoming calls. I just went to Samsung a couple weeks ago and got them to update my ROM to the following:

PDA: I8000NXXIJ9

CSC: I8000XSOIJ2

PHONE: I8000DXIJ1

so I'm guessing it only works in newer ROM.

Now are there any other folder names I can create that would be bypassed by Touch Player? For example I may have some videos I took that I do not want to show on Touch Player. Currently I can only hide them from Touch Player by putting the video files in the same folder as the ringtones (as above).

Thanks for the help guys! Really appreciate it!

Hey, shottiee! I've found this topic may help you.

Click